Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

hell, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Serious answer is Memphis institution Bill Dundee's kid.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
And former Nation of Domination member.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rusty Shackelford posted:

And former Nation of Domination member.

I still proudly have the NOD rap memorized

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mr Hootington posted:

I've just seen the first Capitol Combat TV promo.

Does robocop wrestle?

Now you can relive this moment every day

https://twitter.com/WCWWorldwide/status/1766272032965013537

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if darby wasnt able to finish the match im 100% sure robocop would have come out to shoot the young bucks in the nuts. he has the technology.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Remember the time he shot through the ladies dress and hit the bad guy in the balls that was awesome

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

That guy is a boss fight in the Game Boy RoboCop game. You're in first person and Instead of shooting him in the dick through the lady's dress, you have to wait until he pokes his head out from behind her, at which point you can shoot him. Repeat a bunch of times because he has a lot of health. Don't hit the lady by accident, because then you lose health.

Video games are cool.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

In the new Robocop video game you can shoot people in the dick and there's a death animation for it.

Video games are indeed cool

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Peter Weller is a professor of Roman history now and gets mad if you ask him about RoboCop.

Frog, though, he's more than happy to wax poetic about, as any of us would be.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Piper didn’t even put Frog over in his hometown. Really gave him hell.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Animal-Mother posted:

Peter Weller is a professor of Roman history now and gets mad if you ask him about RoboCop.

Frog, though, he's more than happy to wax poetic about, as any of us would be.

No he loves talking about RoboCop, he hates if you're at a Roman history lecture in his class and ask him.about it or any other acting thing because he takes his work very seriously and he's there to teach history not discuss Naked Lunch.

Also he was the best guest on Fringe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybMTy_-u1M8

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The story goes every student gets one Robocop question per semester.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i've heard he starts the semaster off very hard to purposefully chase off anyone not serious in roman history then lightens up once the students only there for robocop drop out

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
showing up day one dressed exactly like buckaroo bonzai so he can't tell which type i am

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i've heard he starts the semaster off very hard to purposefully chase off anyone not serious in roman history then lightens up once the students only there for robocop drop out

This surely must be less of an issue now? I can’t imagine the average kid going to college now has any clue who or what Robocop is, at least the original.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yeah I can’t imagine throngs of 18 year olds signing up for a class because it’s taught by a guy who was in a movie that came out 37 years ago

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

In full disclosure, I would ask him about Screamers (1995)

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I don't know about Weller, but Greg Graffin apparently does this when he teaches natural science courses. Go super hard for the first couple of weeks to weed out the people only there to see the guy from Bad Religion, then chill after all those guys have dropped out.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Really piss him off, specifically ask about RoboCop 2.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
leave a single Oreo on his desk every day before class and see how long it takes for him to lose it

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Just watched an episode of Thunder where Jeff Jarrett tried to powerbomb Billy Kidman and people weren't kidding, you really can't powerbomb Billy Kidman.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Crescent Wrench posted:

Really piss him off, specifically ask about RoboCop 2.

Why would that piss him off?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Just watched an episode of Thunder where Jeff Jarrett tried to powerbomb Billy Kidman and people weren't kidding, you really can't powerbomb Billy Kidman.

Kevin Nash just cut a promo about being scarred by Deliverance and said that Jeff Jarrett has a "pretty mouth", which was censored, and is now threatening to powerbomb Jarrett straight to hell if Vince Russo doesn't come out to fight him. Insane hour of television.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Why would that piss him off?

You'd think you'd want to ask him about RoboCop 3 which he wasn't even in. Nancy Allen was only in it if they'd kill her character off.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dawgstar posted:

You'd think you'd want to ask him about RoboCop 3 which he wasn't even in. Nancy Allen was only in it if they'd kill her character off.

Yeah, I think they meant part 3.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

To be fair, nobody seems to have enjoyed making RoboCop 2 either.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Wasn't there an NWO beatdown segment where Kevin Nash tried to powerbomb Kidman, he gets out of it, and Nash just goes "...huh" and then one-shot kills him with a different move.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Pretty sure Saturn did it once or twice.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the only thing he may have enjoyed about robocop 2 is that the suit wasnt as heavy

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DMorbid posted:

To be fair, nobody seems to have enjoyed making RoboCop 2 either.

Tom Noonan might have enjoyed it on the basis that he got to be a weirdo for half a movie and then got to chill out and laugh at Petter Weller sweating in his suit while he was only a brain in a jar.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

They could’ve had something with a war on drugs satire in 1990 but they hosed it up pretty badly by making “legalize it and use the tax revenue to save the city” the bad option presented by the bad guy to the mayor.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

frank miller published a comic book adapting the original robocop 2 script and its poo poo

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

There was that funny story about it taking so long to get Peter Weller into the Robocop suit for the first movie that the sun set on them and they told him it was time to go home

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DeathChicken posted:

There was that funny story about it taking so long to get Peter Weller into the Robocop suit for the first movie that the sun set on them and they told him it was time to go home

Also the suit was so constrictive it made his months of mime training useless.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

frank miller published a comic book adapting the original robocop 2 script and its poo poo

The comic book was based on his original script, the movie is the adaptation if you wanna get technical

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

DeathChicken posted:

lol

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
My favorite Robocop story is how apparently one day while filming, Weller just stopped and refused to continue doing the scene until someone brought him some Oreos???

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
In Buckaroo Banzai Peter Weller is a scientist, a rock star, a brain surgeon, a secret agent, a test pilot, an anime, and several other highly skilled professions I can't remember off the top of my head right now.

But I do remember that there was one other thing they wanted Banzai to do and Mister Weller turned it down because he thought it was just beyond the pale, completely unrealistic, and would have broken the narrative. It would have been impossible to believe, in his opinion.

The director had asked him, "Now Pete, what do you know about Frog?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Drakkel posted:

My favorite Robocop story is how apparently one day while filming, Weller just stopped and refused to continue doing the scene until someone brought him some Oreos???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEhXAtFgNrk