Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Vire posted:

Hati is a failed state I’m not sure what can even be done at this point it’s heartbreaking. Most of the Hatian community here still has family on the island I can’t imagine what they are going through right now.

Why are you being compassionate about this when you could be taking a snide punch downward?

edit: terrible snipe, and I'm being facetious of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Rescue Toaster posted:

I wonder at what point his defense can just be that nobody believes him anyway so she can't prove damages.

Trump would never allow his lawyers to say that nobody listens to him. If they tried they'd have to physically gag him to stop him from testifying against his own defense.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Ofc, Jesus h

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

MrQwerty posted:

I went and saw ZZ Top with my dad one time and Nugent opened. He gave a long winded speech at one point about how awesome he is because he doesn't play "no goddamn loving [racial slur] poo poo like a Yamaha."

ZZ Top shits on Nugent from a great height

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

It's that scene from Ghostbusters where they shut down the ghost containment machine

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Ralph Hurley posted:

yeah Nugent blew and didn't even play Stranglehold, ZZ Top were killer so at least I got to enjoy myself for most of the show.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean i dont think they are canibals but shits bleak in hati and has been for a while. obviously chuds are gonna chud.

There’s videos going around reddit of a dude eating a leg that are claiming to be from haiti

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ralph Hurley posted:

What’s wrong with Ted nugent, he never did anything wrong

Now to play my favorite Ted nugent song, a-

quote:

Well I don’t care if you’re just thirteen
You look too good to be true
I just know that you’re probably clean
There’s one lil’ thing I got do to you

:stare:

Ed:

MrQwerty posted:

yeah Nugent blew and didn't even play Stranglehold, ZZ Top were killer so at least I got to enjoy myself for most of the show.

What the gently caress, I was gonna say that I still at least think stranglehold is fuckin rad

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

priznat posted:

Ofc, Jesus h

Jack Poso rn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOpva_iit-8

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Brain Curry posted:

There’s videos going around reddit of a dude eating a leg that are claiming to be from haiti

That's where the best meat is.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at racist product elitism, US makers clearly think make worse poo poo is their niche.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Vire posted:

Hati is a failed state I’m not sure what can even be done at this point it’s heartbreaking. Most of the Hatian community here still has family on the island I can’t imagine what they are going through right now.

Digestive tracts, according to Republicans and Ant boy.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

That's where the best meat is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkRoCE8J0Mc

Jésus is the bread.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24475014-20240307-motion-re-presidential-immunity_redacted

um, he wasn't president tho

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Rescue Toaster posted:

I wonder at what point his defense can just be that nobody believes him anyway so she can't prove damages.

We seem to have some holes in our legal system with defamation around people who either A) Have no money or B) Have effectively infinite money vastly in excess of any provable damages.

I used to agree with the US generally needing stronger defamation laws to deal with poo poo like this and Elon calling random people pedos just because they do a job instead of his dumb loving toys. The flipside though is that in places like Britain where they have really strong defamation law, the rich weaponize it to silence anyone critical of them. There was a case not that long ago where a trans person had to apologize to J.K. Rowling for calling her transphobic or risk a legal battle that they would almost certainly lose.

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
Haiti is majority christian, specifically evangelical, so they are reveling in the suffering of an evangelical christian nation that considers violence against political opponents to be acceptable. Also there will be less christians in the US in the future and this is scary

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

They made it up so that they could feel safe egging on the apocalypse

read this as "edging on"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The Book of Revelations is becoming more of a prophecy by the day

And behold, I saw an orange horse. It's rider was tremendous.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
2024 scared republican issue: VOODOO

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Haiti is majority Christian, actually.

So following Posobiec's logic...

Edit: beaten

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

tek79 posted:

Haiti is majority Christian, actually.

So following Posobiec's logic...

Edit: beaten

Poso would move those end zones like he was being chased by a lion

In reality they are black people and therefore aren’t the same kinds of Christians he means because posobiec is a garbage human

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Brain Curry posted:

thats depressing.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol This is the easiest "lol no" ever from a judge

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

One cool trick to forever be immune from all crimes - get elected president

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Professor Shark posted:

It was from quite a few pages back, but if you have a Warhammer group that allows Nazi poo poo, tell the owners you aren’t playing with Nazis and leave.

If it’s at an actual GW store then tell the company.

GW and tabletop games in general have come down hard against Nazi bullshit lately, it's real good to see

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Great job, but it is spelled AIDS, not AIDs.

And it is pronounced https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lffg88WDRg

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Toxic Mental posted:

lol This is the easiest "lol no" ever from a judge

That's okay I'm sure it will still take a week to get an answer

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao he thinks the SC is going to rule in his favor, so just throw all crimes on there

They aren't making Biden an Emperor you moron

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

This one weird thing happens when christianity tries to force itself on other cultures.

Christian Nationalists just HATE their historical complicity.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao he thinks the SC is going to rule in his favor, so just throw all crimes on there

They aren't making Biden an Emperor you moron

I think it's more of just delaying it. Claim immunity and they'll have to delay the trial until the SC rules!

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

rotinaj posted:

It always amuses me in the darkest possible way that evangelicals have gone directly against a number of Christ’s teachings, and the Ten Commandments

Even if you forget about the golden Trump statue in the most tacky American flag shorts I have ever seen, how the gently caress do you have a dude like Kenneth Copeland or Creflo Dollar and not think he just flat-out is the antichrist?

Think is the operative term, but drat.

Because one of the things about the Antichrist is that Christians do not recognize that he is the Antichrist otherwise his plan would fail he deceives them and they readily believe him

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It's actually insanely bad for her that Britt's response is still in the news

Biden got glowing reviews and it's now mostly forgotten and Britt is continuously staying around the news cycle

You could not have whiffed this any harder if you had a plastic bat

Does this mean her political career is over? God no, she's got a future. But it definitely lowered her stock in the party tremendously

pages back now, but she's a sitting senator from Alabama, and she isnt up for reelection until November 2028

this isnt even a bump in the road for her

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

kazil posted:

I think it's more of just delaying it. Claim immunity and they'll have to delay the trial until the SC rules!
That's exactly what it is.

quote:

CONCLUSION For the foregoing reasons, the Court should (1) adjourn the trial pending Supreme Court review of the scope of the presidential immunity doctrine in Trump v. United States, which is scheduled to be argued before the Supreme Court on April 25, 2024; and (2) following an evidentiary hearing outside the presence of the jury, preclude evidence of President Trump’s official acts at trial based on presidential immunity.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

E whoops that's several pages

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dementropy posted:

This one weird thing happens when christianity tries to force itself on other cultures.

Christian Nationalists just HATE their historical complicity.

they HATE Religious syncretism which is what alot of stuff like voodoo is to an extent born out of.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Ralph Hurley posted:

Adding to that weird guy's Satanic Panic earlier on this page, I was forbidden from even hearing ZZ Top as a kid because a leader in our religious congregation heard a rumor from another congregation and there was tale from a friend who was from another that they had heard that ZZ Top is actually a group of Satan worshippers. That was that. A rumor told telephone-style through 19 people equals absolute fact to them. ZZ Top then equalled demons and got banned.

This is a reason why I still argue with them over the most demonstrably false poo poo. Trying to tell them that chemtrails aren't mind control after an ex-coworker's cousin's friend's aunt posted a conspiracy theory to Facebook is impossible. They saw it on The Internet! It's fact! And ZZ Top worships the devil!

edit: and, in the most sheltered white people move, that religion also taught me that rap music only exists to steer people away from god and into sinning so it was to be viciously avoided. don't worry, they didn't have any other reasons for being against rap music back then...

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 11, 2024

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

priznat posted:

Ofc, Jesus h

Demon worship would only improve most American communities honestly

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Was Trump even president when he had Cohen pay her off.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Data Graham posted:

Yeah I mean, yes he does live rent free in all our heads. Of course he does, he is the greatest existential threat this country faces, we think about things like that a lot it turns out

Every morning I check this thread for two thousand new posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Catastrophe posted:

Adding to that weird guy's Satanic Panic earlier on this page, I was forbidden from even hearing ZZ Top as a kid because a leader in our religious congregation heard a rumor from another congregation and there was tale from a friend who was from another that they had heard that ZZ Top is actually a group of Satan worshippers. That was that. A rumor told telephone-style through 19 people equals absolute fact to them. ZZ Top then equalled demons and got banned.

This is a reason why I still argue with them over the most demonstrably false poo poo. Trying to tell them that chemtrails aren't mind control after an ex-coworker's cousin's friend's aunt posted a conspiracy theory to Facebook is impossible. They saw it on The Internet! It's fact! And ZZ Top worships the devil!

ah yes, famously demonic songs like "Just Got Paid (about getting paid)," "La Grange (about a whorehouse)," "Tush (about getting laid)," and "Legs (about women's legs)"