Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Hand Row posted:

He’s a free agent and leaving it looks like

Yea I'm assuming he is going to get more than what they just signed Greenard. I would think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Safeties and RBs coming off the board!
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1767237047599722855?s=20

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

mcmagic posted:

I don't get paying a vet running back 8 million dollars.

Why not? That's a bargain given the salary cap this season (At $255M, 8 is 3% of the cap).

By taking someone like Swift or Saquon at that cap hit you're ensuring you don't have to burn a decently early draft pick on someone who may or may not work out.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Seems weird to cut your very good safety in order to sign a different safety :confused: I guess they need every penny they can get after Russ though

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1767238011903787505?s=20

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1767238285720523161?s=20

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1767236741407109283

Titans slowly assembling a real line

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Gabe!

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

It's Kahlil Shakir SZN

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

A Sneaker Broker posted:

It's Kahlil Shakir SZN

He's an improvement.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1767239925072576633?s=20

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Wilkins and Crosby, yikes.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
That's so much money for a team that is going to do jack poo poo over the life of that contract

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

that's the big bucks

Comfortador posted:

Wilkins and Crosby, yikes.

had this thought too

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Maxx Crosby and Christian Wilkins. Gross

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I was hearing around $25m per which teams were aiming at, but nah, getting close to splitting the Donald difference. Chris Jones getting the bag probably pushed this over the finish line

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/DMRussini/status/1767242627441713549?s=20

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
DT was one of our biggest needs so I'm pretty happy. If Koonce keeps developing at Edge or if Tyree Wilson starts showing up on game day, that defensive line could be absolutely filthy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

That is such a bad contract. Jebus

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

God loving damnit Baalke.

I'm going to say it: Go Texans. I'm so sick of the Jags being super loving stupid.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I'm actually down with paying an RB this offseason for the Pats. Normally wouldn't be, but what'st 10-12 million for Barkley or Josh Jacobs when we have this much cap space and a good RB is one of the best helpers for a rookie QB

also lol @ the gave davis havers

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lawrence needs weapons

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kalli posted:

Dozen sacks last year. Definitely a break out year, unknown how repeatable it is, but that'll make you money.

Will got the vast majority of the attention and Greenard cleaned up because of it.

He's solid, don't get me wrong, but he isn't your primary pass rusher.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

They must not like the idea of a Locke + Stearns starting duo, but this seems a bit much for a cash-poor team. They must like him. I guess you could argue that a player who had an ACL injury in 2022 is a buy-low candidate, since it can take two years to recover.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1767233633830555927?s=20

Howie...

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I find it very hard to believe any running back is worth that.

Nov 6, 2002

that is a really dumb move

kinda reeks of desperation

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They aren't, but they are.

Like RB is such a depreciated asset right now, it's kinda wild. Would you really rather have Gabe Davis or Saquon Barkley?

And mind you, the crazy number for Barkley is still cheaper then the base number for Gabe.

Like sure it's an overpay, but if you need weapons, RB on a short term contract is fine, they'll produce for a year or two before disintegrating.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Barkley is a very overrated and unreliable player. I wouldn't be in the market for him at all. Maybe you catch lightning in a bottle and he has a relatively healthy season but IMO it's a big risk.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

Like RB is such a depreciated asset right now, it's kinda wild. Would you really rather have Gabe Davis or Saquon Barkley?

Gabe Davis but I feel bad about it is the best way to describe it

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Lawrence Mac needs weapons

:hmmyes:

Also agreed I’m fine if the Pats want to rent one of the veteran backs for a year or two. Wtf else are you doing with like 80 mil in cap space

Nov 6, 2002

Serious question, how much more production has Barkley produced than your average 4th round (or lower) RB drafted in the last decade?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kalli posted:

And mind you, the crazy number for Barkley is still cheaper then the base number for Gabe.

Like sure it's an overpay, but if you need weapons, RB on a short term contract is fine, they'll produce for a year or two before disintegrating.

Barkley is better at playing football than Davis, I think, so

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Barkley is better at playing football than Davis, I think, so
Barkley is better by a loving mile, good lord.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Serious question, how much more production has Barkley produced than your average 4th round (or lower) RB drafted in the last decade?

I don't know about 4th or lower, but just compare him to Nick Chubb in the same draft. Chubb was a round later and has higher volume and rate stats (a full yard per carry higher) despite fewer touches. Barkley just had that great rookie year.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I think Barkley will do better on a better team. Gabe Davis probably hit his ceiling already.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Barkley still has juice left, and for his entire career he's played behind absolute bottom tier (and yet somehow progressively worse) o-lines against defenses who routinely stack the box because he's the only guy they're scared of (see: safeties playing 8 yards off the LOS because lol Daniel Jones). He is pretty injury-prone and >$12M is kinda nuts but my bet is he'll work out, at least for a while, for any team that signs him

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

barkley was so good in 2022 it made the giants fo think danny dimes was worth 40mil

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1767248999881351512?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Another guard off the board.
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1767248844792680810?s=20