Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Looking forward to seeing his expression when his head is on a pike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

i wonder what happend to general underwear

His name is General Stu Pidashol. Show some respect for the man for Gods sake

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Gallant has always been a pretty stilted speaker, but this is bordering on parody. Even if you showed me just the first 20 seconds of this clip, I would still think he's trying to be threatening. Legit psycho.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

At least it's a solution, I don't see you coming up with any ideas

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

HallelujahLee posted:

i wonder what happend to general underwear

I hope Israel bombed him

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Dude in his underwear ragdolling out of a blast crater like Gary's mod

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

hamas put out a video celebrating ramadan

https://x.com/tamerqdh/status/1767165891475636303?s=46

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Ramadan Mubarak ,Hamas and the other member groups of the resistance.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

At the tail end he mentions how Israel honors the freedom to worship at holy places and I remember a bit up thread about those Palestinians praying in the rubble of their mosque.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Ramadan Mubarak ,Hamas and the other member groups of the resistance.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

CheetoVonTito posted:

drat called it! F YEAH! Houthis FTW!

“The first operation targeted the American ship “Propel Fortune” in the Gulf of Aden with a number of suitable naval missiles, while the second operation targeted a number of American war destroyers at the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden with 37 drones, and the two operations successfully achieved their goals.”

https://x.com/army21ye/status/1766366053938905395?s=46

Has there been any update on this?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

hadji murad posted:

lol Jeb Bush was so humiliated in this thread he changed his username

GJB? Yeah, I know GJB.

Genocidin' Joe Biden

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/censured-idf-commander-interviewed-by-netanyahu-for-military-secretary-position-report/
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu recently interviewed Brig. Gen. Barak Hiram to potentially become his military secretary, Channel 12 news reports.

The outlet says that while sources close to the premier confirm that the interview was held in recent days, Hiram is unlikely to be appointed to the position.

Earlier today, it was announced that Hiram, the commander of the 99th Division, has been formally censured for the demolition of a university in the Gaza Strip earlier this year without prior approval.

Controversy also surrounds Hiram over his order to fire a tank shell at a home in the southern community of Kibbutz Be’eri amid a hostage situation during Hamas’s October 7 onslaught, possibly killing some of the captives.

Before the war, Hiram was tapped to be the next commander of the Gaza Division.

See? Israel isn't systematically racist. It was just this one guy.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

PhilippAchtel posted:

See? Israel isn't systematically racist. It was just this one guy.

They sent him a letter of censure!! Now he might not get promoted at his job. And people say Israel doesnt prosecute war crimes.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

they're mad that this glory hog jumped the gun and denied them the genocidal joy of giving the order themselves

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Hanine09/status/1767098828073668612

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

WoodrowSkillson posted:

DTA DTI Free Palestine

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

DTA DTI Free Palestine

Israel continues to kill the innocent even when they're trying to collect air-dropped aid, they are evil.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Owlbear Camus posted:

they're mad that this glory hog jumped the gun and denied them the genocidal joy of giving the order themselves

Yup. He asked for approval to do it, but just didn't bother waiting for them to respond. Southern Command's Major General told him that he would've approved it if he just waited, and the censure was over insubordination rather than the act itself.

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1767189560348295348?t=BGIp6gguoUWDKRS_xOw9pg&s=19

https://twitter.com/Doron_Kadosh/status/1767077325026267489?t=dITMNkh1leanSbjj2eQ0ZQ&s=19

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Q5ovIUkVbeT5MOe

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
america would be able to accomplish or try to accomplish its nominal foreign policy goals way easier if it wasnt allied to israel

israel has got to be one of the worst allies any nation has ever had

tho, america itself is a pretty lovely ally too lol. but seriously you would think Netanyahu is president of the superpower from the way he and biden interact

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

OctaMurk posted:

america would be able to accomplish or try to accomplish its nominal foreign policy goals way easier if it wasnt allied to israel

tho, america itself is a pretty lovely ally too lol. but seriously you would think Netanyahu is president of the superpower from the way he and biden interact

america has for years elevated the annihilation of the palestinian people to one of its foremost policy goals

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

OctaMurk posted:

it would've worked out well if hamas hadn't managed to completely disprove the load-bearing assumption of likud's security policy, i.e. that they had the palestinian armed resistance contained to the point of making it a mere nuisance

militarily oct 7 was genuinely a very impressive operation, planned and executed by an organisation subject to probably the most extreme surveillance regime in the world

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

we like to goof around a lil :)

https://i.imgur.com/wxgYU8C.mp4

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

it would've worked out well if hamas hadn't managed to completely disprove the load-bearing assumption of likud's security policy, i.e. that they had the palestinian armed resistance contained to the point of making it a mere nuisance

militarily oct 7 was genuinely a very impressive operation, planned and executed by an organisation subject to probably the most extreme surveillance regime in the world

the fact that they are still fighting strong 5 months in given their situation is nothing short of a miracle of military planning, infrastructure and respurcefulness.

Hamas is pound for pound the greatest fighting force in the middle east, it they had even a little bit of a better situation than to be surrounded by arab dictator dog fuckers they wouldve conquered tel aviv.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Al-Saqr posted:

the fact that they are still fighting strong 5 months in given their situation is nothing short of a miracle of military planning, infrastructure and respurcefulness.

Hamas is pound for pound the greatest fighting force in the middle east, it they had even a little bit of a better situation than to be surrounded by arab dictator dog fuckers they wouldve conquered tel aviv.

they've demonstrated the viability of irregular warfare under extremely asymmetric conditions. everyone with eyes to see should be rewriting their revolutionary war doctrines - between this and ukraine a lot of US-sphere military assumptions have to be questioned, and with them a whole host of political-economical assumptions

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

OctaMurk posted:

If there's any sober, geopolitical rationale left for American support for Israel, it's probably less so about what the hegemon gains from it, and more so about what it stands to lose without it. As has been discussed ITT, for the British, and later the Americans, the zionist project served as a wedge and a hammer with which to mitigate Pan Arab and Soviet influence in the middle east, and that job has been performed to effective completion - the old Arab nationalist movement is dead, and the cold war is over - which might make you think that the US would benefit from dropping this volatile mess of an ally and instead tighten bonds with Egypt or Jordan, but the US fears that the liberation of Palestine would send a revolutionary earthquake across the entire middle east. Whether in the form of a Nasserist revival, or (much more likely) the rapid spread of anti western Islamism, or just generally revolutionary energy to opressed Arab populations living under collaborationist regimes, it'll debilitate the empire's access to the wider region. They're afraid of a free Palestine.

That being said, I do think that enduring support is largely due to the demented dinosaurs in Congress being true believers in the Zionist cause, and also racist bloodthirsty ghouls, but still. If there's a realpolitik aspect to it, then this is probably it.

And also Epstein blackmail material lol

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 18:52 on Mar 11, 2024

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Sancho Banana posted:

dw it all mysteriously disappeared without further comment from the media so its fine

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Ireland's President not pulling any punches with his statement today

quote:

The releasing of a propaganda campaign against the United Nations is a scandalous travesty against the little less than heroic efforts of all those involved on the frontline in Gaza – medical staff, those working to supply nutrition and aid in the most trying of circumstances, and those other dedicated professionals in UNRWA who have lost more than 160 of their colleagues.

We in Ireland, as elsewhere, have seen the rise of dangerous misinformation at the very time when there has emerged a widespread shared consensus on the need for such a ceasefire as will enable serious diplomatic exchanges to take place involving the release of hostages and, above all, the release of humanitarian aid to those who so desperately need it.

That this aid could be delivered immediately but is being prevented by both State actions and illegal blockages breaches every humanitarian principle. Indeed, some of the worst scenes of starvation are being seen in those parts of northern and central Gaza where Israel has declared its military campaign complete.

Then too, while carried out with the best of intentions, all of the experts involved in the delivery of food aid have stated that the dropping of aid from the sky cannot be a substitute for the work of UNRWA. The blocking of aid trucks by extremist settlers speaks for itself, being as it is an appalling denial of the humanity of those dying of hunger when it could be avoided.

full statement here: https://president.ie/en/media-library/news-releases/statement-by-president-higgins-on-current-situation-in-gaza

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Anyone else really nervous Israel is gonna be even more monstrous during Ramadan just to be extra cruel?

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

that’s how they got into this mess in the first place!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Sancho Banana posted:

If there's any sober, geopolitical rationale left for American support for Israel, it's probably less so about what the hegemon gains from it, and more so about what it stands to lose without it. As has been discussed ITT, for the British, and later the Americans, the zionist project served as a wedge and a hammer with which to mitigate Pan Arab and Soviet influence in the middle east, and that job has been performed to effective completion - the old Arab nationalist movement is dead, and the cold war is over - which might make you think that the US would benefit from dropping this volatile mess of an ally and instead tighten bonds with Egypt or Jordan, but the US fears that the liberation of Palestine would send a revolutionary earthquake across the entire middle east. Whether in the form of a Nasserist revival, or (much more likely) the rapid spread of anti western Islamism, or just generally revolutionary energy to opressed Arab populations living under collaborationist regimes, it'll debilitate the empire's access to the wider region. They're afraid of a free Palestine.

That being said, I do think that enduring support is largely due to the demented dinosaurs in Congress being true believers in the Zionist cause, and also racist bloodthirsty ghouls, but still. If there's a realpolitik aspect to it, then this is probably it.

yeah, fear of countries under us control gaining independence is a big driver of us foreign policy. the us has been terrorizing cuba for the better part of a century. the Caribbean, central america, south america, most of africa, eastern/southern europe, the middle east, oceana, southeast asia - all have had hosed up little freaks imposed upon them by america to keep their countries dominated by the us, servicing debts to predatory lending institutions, and incapable of developing industry. the us has deliberately retarded global development for a long time now because that keeps poor countries poor and easier to exploit. the silver lining is that the american nazi elite have eaten away at the productive and military capabilities of america to such an extent that america is largely impotent now

also israel bribes every us politician directly and indirectly, so that probably helps.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Speaking of, is there a Haiti thread? Because this morning the Canadian news is starting to stress how critical Canadian intervention is, and I'm remembering the RMC recruiter speaking to my high school about the importance of making Haiti a province someday...

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Speaking of, is there a Haiti thread? Because this morning the Canadian news is starting to stress how critical Canadian intervention is, and I'm remembering the RMC recruiter speaking to my high school about the importance of making Haiti a province someday...

yeah
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4055854

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Anyone else really nervous Israel is gonna be even more monstrous during Ramadan just to be extra cruel?

Yes.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009