Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Cavauro posted:

the quote wasn't misinterpreted. whatevs from the rooftops

Will do cavs, it's no biggie. I just find their posts funny more than anything else but maybe I'm missing something, idk.

Edit: I don't know who Zaslav is which probably makes a bit of a difference. I looked him up and he seems like a bit of a twat but I don't know the context anymore, probably should have just kept my mouth shut, lol.

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you should always just post no matter how ill-informed you are. That’s my credo

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you should always just post no matter how ill-informed you are. That’s my credo

Alcohol gives me that license, lol.

I guess I just read EMF's post like a "I love drinking, it got me off cigarettes!" type joke. I'm probably just a dumbass.

Edit: I also thought like the jacket thing was just a joke so whatevs. Maybe I have terrible forum literacy.

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 9, 2024

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I assume that most things that sound stupid are jokes.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The photoshops and the jacket stuff is funny, no need to litigate that. Sometimes you gotta just lay low for a while, come back in a few months when the heat dies down, play some hits.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah it's all good. i had to post that last time b/c of ego about not wanting someone to think i was litigating over jake paul's drinks like it's unacceptable to joke that you like them. that quote was a contextual part of something else. it's over with. don't worry about it. logan's drinks

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Logan’s Liquids

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

I assume that most things that sound stupid are jokes.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

The photoshops and the jacket stuff is funny, no need to litigate that. Sometimes you gotta just lay low for a while, come back in a few months when the heat dies down, play some hits.

Mel tried that and look how that turned out!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shard posted:

:lmao: the balls on him

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard posted:

gently caress that dumbass lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shard posted:

Mel is so cool lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

I remember that situation being so bad we almost had to shut down the hell thread

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

I remember that situation being so bad we almost had to shut down the hell thread

don’t worry i’m sure there will be a new reason in a few days

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

This is correct and i’ll take it to heart. I should take this app off my phone for a while because no one should ever be talking about me and if the people i find funniest here think i suck that’s a me problem.

Everyone take care

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Don’t remember that

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
It was the one guy who thinks that posting can form a smybiotic relationship with... I forget if it's threads or posters, but it was really stupid and is not worth thinking about.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Stinger splash zone

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I would like to propose we reintroduce the rule that says you have to screengrab tweets.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
seconded

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

tao of lmao posted:

I would like to propose we reintroduce the rule that says you have to screengrab tweets.

Let's not, if a tweet gets deleted who cares, tweets are ephemeral. We can embed tweets it's silly to have a rule requiring a screenshot.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I used to be against it but I'm for it because Twitter is now a dog poo poo website and the embedding breaks all the time. Just take a screen shot of what you want to show us.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ban posting tweets imo

Cut out the cancer completely

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Ban posting tweets imo

this!!!

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Jase died and resurrected and now you want to kill off the terrible Twitter takes thread dedicated to him? Dang. We'd all be better off tbh, but that's a gut check.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ban posting tweets imo

seconded

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Ban posting tweets imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
sometimes its funny to post a low follower twitter to lol at but most of the time its cringe and scraping the bottom of the barrel for content

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

While I agree it would be better for the sake of everyone's mental health to prohibited tweet posting, but I don't agree with banning it across the whole board. If we could at least have a quarantine zone then we can tell people to simply not visit that thread if they don't want to see it?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ticket closed BEEATCH!!!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Ban posting tweets imo

nah

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

sometimes its funny to post a low follower twitter to lol at but most of the time its cringe and scraping the bottom of the barrel for content

There are plenty of ways to post good tweets and/or post good with tweets, but posting rando account poo poo usually isn't it. For example if I want to link this dumb loving video that probably makes no sense to the folks not keeping up with ufc, all I have to do is link the tweet. https://twitter.com/MerabDvalishvil/status/1750951090269659556

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i think the right solution is to ask the SA tech team to spend months developing a mirror for tweets so that they’ll never be lost to time

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Brut posted:

For example if I want to link this dumb loving video that probably makes no sense to the folks not keeping up with ufc, all I have to do is link the tweet. https://twitter.com/MerabDvalishvil/status/1750951090269659556

This rules. I have no idea of anything that has to do with UFC. Keep the tweets!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Multiple people have already shown they would be too stupid to take a proper screen shot and that trying to might make them melt down so I'm against it again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gumball Gumption posted:

Multiple people have already shown they would be too stupid to take a proper screen shot and that trying to might make them melt down so I'm against it again.

I'm for it just to see the meltdowns

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Some tweets are also videos and you can’t screenshot a whole video. Lord knows I’ve tried.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don’t really care one way or the other, if I can be perfectly honest

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Trying to get people to stop posting tweets is a crusade that keeps on popping up but will never change how people post or gain traction with moderators/admins (except maybe on a thread by thread basis)

May as well try to end megathread/bookmark culture or close the hell thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

What’s megathread/bookmark culture?