Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Does that even qualify as a joke?

That's what she said 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
It’s like 10,000 loons when all ya need is a wife.
And isn’t it moronic?

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

I wonder if these guys realize they only ever manage a rough approximation of humor instead of anything actually funny. It's a little heartening to imagine that they realize they're not actually witty enough to be legitimately funny, and the only people "laughing" at their jokes are those with something to gain from sucking up.

I usually doubt the introspection goes deep enough, but sometimes you get Elon vs Hard Drive or dril and there's that little glimmer of hope that he realizes how truly embarrassingly lame he is. He wants to be the king poster but neither he nor anyone in his circle is able to be funny, and anyone who is genuinely witty won't go near his emerald Boer rear end.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Teratrain posted:

I wonder if these guys realize they only ever manage a rough approximation of humor instead of anything actually funny. It's a little heartening to imagine that they realize they're not actually witty enough to be legitimately funny, and the only people "laughing" at their jokes are those with something to gain from sucking up.

I usually doubt the introspection goes deep enough, but sometimes you get Elon vs Hard Drive or dril and there's that little glimmer of hope that he realizes how truly embarrassingly lame he is. He wants to be the king poster but neither he nor anyone in his circle is able to be funny, and anyone who is genuinely witty won't go near his emerald Boer rear end.

I am very all over the place when it comes to comedy and humor but i think the problem with elon is that he has much worse version of justin roilands problem. he puts way way to much into a bit/joke in hopes to get a laugh and when/if it flops he keeps trying to make you laugh at that one joke and then you get desperate. elon reeks of desperation, when you want to be funny, you lay down a joke and keep going to the next, if it lands cool, if it doesnt, sucks.
dril and harddrive and chapo and bill burr or brandon rodgers or whoever you find funny follow this.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Jelly posted:

dude paid $44 bil to be in the tiniest circle-jerk with the biggest L's in earth's history

lmfao

e: poo poo

We only paid :10bux: :smug:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I am very all over the place when it comes to comedy and humor but i think the problem with elon is that he has much worse version of justin roilands problem. he puts way way to much into a bit/joke in hopes to get a laugh and when/if it flops he keeps trying to make you laugh at that one joke and then you get desperate. elon reeks of desperation, when you want to be funny, you lay down a joke and keep going to the next, if it lands cool, if it doesnt, sucks.

Honestly I feel like you're overthinking it and Elon really is just a mush-brained moron who doesn't understand humor or subtlety in general. These are very stupid people and even slightly abstract concepts are lost on them.

Fascists are reliably stupid people. That's why they're fascists.

Songbearer posted:

We only paid :10bux: :smug:
Someone bought me my account :smug:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jelly posted:

Honestly I feel like you're overthinking it and Elon really is just a mush-brained moron who doesn't understand humor or subtlety in general. These are very stupid people and even slightly abstract concepts are lost on them.

i mean, i can work with that, Daddy Likey Dummy. but your probably right but i get bored easy and like trying to figure out how these people think. but i just look like mister burns then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR1QL7CJltQ

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Seriously. I'm 40 and I feel like I'm going full boomer with all of the enshittification of everything. My Forester is 10 years old and has 65,000 miles on it and so far I plan on keeping it until I just can't anymore.

I have a 10 year old Rogue with almost 150k on it. One of the door sensors is jacked up so it beeps sometimes and it has 3 kids and 3 dogs worth of stains and wear but I really don’t want to replace it. Not only would I pay 2-3x what I paid for it for a new crossover but they all just feel worse. My rogue has the exact right amount of electronic sensors and displays: back-up cam, digital tire pressure and engine sensors, and bluetooth. Everything is controlled with knobs, buttons, and stalks.

New Rogue are still like 90% buttons and knobs which is great but we need slightly more space in a new car and everything I’ve looked at that’s larger is enshittified everywhere. My biggest complaint in most cars I’ve tried is shifting gears is a button, slider, or digital. I want a something physical that I can shift between Drive and Reverse. All the variations of buttons just feel like absolute poo poo.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

my barebones manual '99 Ranger will never be sold and will be driven until there is no way to keep it running at an affordable cost, even when I buy another, more practical car.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Saltpowered posted:

I have a 10 year old Rogue with almost 150k on it. One of the door sensors is jacked up so it beeps sometimes and it has 3 kids and 3 dogs worth of stains and wear but I really don’t want to replace it. Not only would I pay 2-3x what I paid for it for a new crossover but they all just feel worse. My rogue has the exact right amount of electronic sensors and displays: back-up cam, digital tire pressure and engine sensors, and bluetooth. Everything is controlled with knobs, buttons, and stalks.

New Rogue are still like 90% buttons and knobs which is great but we need slightly more space in a new car and everything I’ve looked at that’s larger is enshittified everywhere. My biggest complaint in most cars I’ve tried is shifting gears is a button, slider, or digital. I want a something physical that I can shift between Drive and Reverse. All the variations of buttons just feel like absolute poo poo.

I don't want to derail but look at an Outback.

It's slightly larger, the important bits have actual buttons and the price is actually fair for what it is. Plus, wagons are cool as gently caress.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Humour thrives the most and lands the hardest when it is founded in reality, relatable to many, subversive and punches up instead of down

Techbros and billionaires are both utterly detached from reality and the struggles of the common man and indeed in rich people's cases their ability to be funny is blunted by being surrounded by sycophants who will seal clap at any attempt no matter how weak or crude. In a world of zero hardships the very existence of the lower class and their pathetic lives are the highest form of comedy and the grandest entertainment they can enjoy

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 11, 2024

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

MunchE posted:

Nah, CHUD's don't think like that. One message has gotten through to them: Nazis are Bad Guys. They've watched enough movies and learned that Nazis are Bad Guys.

But they know that they are Good Guys. It doesn't matter that they share views with Nazis. It doesn't matter that they're racist. Nothing matters, because nothing will change their view of themselves as the Good Guy.

These morons watch this movie, see a skinhead with a swastika on his chest curb stomping black people, and they go "Wow! That's a Bad Guy and an ACTUAL racist! Not like ME, a GOOD GUY." and that's the end of what they think of it. It's actually a perfect illustration - they whine that everything gets called racist, because they think as long as they aren't curb stomping black people and throwing a Hitler salute after, nothing they can do should ever be portrayed as bad or racist.

You are way overthinking this. It's exactly as Elviscat said; they're terrible at interpreting media. Check out the conservative interpretation of movies like Robocop and Starship Troopers. They take everything at face value and have zero understanding of subtext. They even mock people for saying that subtext even exists.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Songbearer posted:

Humour thrives the most and lands the hardest when it is founded in reality, relatable to many, subversive and punches up instead of down

Techbros and billionaires are both utterly detached from reality and the struggles of the common man and indeed in rich people's cases their ability to be funny is blunted by being surrounded by sycophants who will seal clap at any attempt no matter how weak or crude. In a world of zero hardships the very existence of the lower class and their pathetic lives are the highest form of comedy and the grandest entertainment they can enjoy

On the other hand, have you considered: Das Baby

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

...! posted:

You are way overthinking this. It's exactly as Elviscat said; they're terrible at interpreting media. Check out the conservative interpretation of movies like Robocop and Starship Troopers. They take everything at face value and have zero understanding of subtext. They even mock people for saying that subtext even exists.

100%

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Songbearer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VrEeVN1c90

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

redshirt posted:

Oh, what a day! WHAT A LOVELY DAY!!

The disc repeatedly skipped to the point that it became completely unwatchable halfway through, ruining my movie night. After further research, I discovered that the PS5 is well known to be a terrible 4K disc player notorious for making quite a few discs skip. So not only was my movie night ruined, I also ended up shelling out for an actually good player. I blame all of this squarely on you. :mad:

redshirt!!! :argh:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Some fucko: "I bet Elon plays Wolfenstein!"
Elon Musk: "Heil Hitler!"

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

...! posted:

Yes, they are also stupid and bad at media. But the context we're talking about here is American History X, which is not subtle in any way shape or form. It's a literal skinhead running around stomping black people who turns his life around. They're able to watch and enjoy this because by not being literal skinheads stomping black people, they are not Bad Guys and they can pat themselves on the back for their restraint.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

War Wizard posted:

Do Tesla's even have an emergency hand brake?

No car does. There is no emergency brake.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

It's amuse-gueule you loving dimbit.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Bronze Fonz posted:

Much like the bougie rear end food word Dr. Oz said during his campaign, I've never heard of this poo poo in my life

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Bronze Fonz posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amuse-bouche

Elon stays winning

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

https://twitter.com/archer_uwu/status/1767210581965111350

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I grow increasingly convinced that Yacc is just tweeting all this from a empty office building in the middle of an abandoned city

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

an empty, rudderless vessel

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

lol Linda what are you doing honey? Those numbers are embarrassingly low for a massive social media platform like Twitter. 12 million posts globally is bad even within your own userbase

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah but number go up! We will not show you the numbers

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

What's an impression

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Steadiman posted:

lol Linda what are you doing honey? Those numbers are embarrassingly low for a massive social media platform like Twitter. 12 million posts globally is bad even within your own userbase

🍷🍷🍷😂😂😂

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

flashman posted:

What's an impression

The definition compared to views is views is how much someone interacts with some content as in like, you watch an entire ad, you click play on a movie movie clip, look on the replies to see the replies to a thread. Basically you engaging in some way with content once it's on your screen. Impressions is it appearing on your screen at all for X amount of time. Like if you an ad comes up on YouTube and you immediately skip it, it's not a view, but it's an impression because YouTube made you watch the first five seconds (the time to make it an "impression" and not just a view varies from site to site/where the ads are coming from/whatever, i.e,. they make it up).

It's why it's used very often for Twitter because basically, like, did you scroll down past several posts that had a lot of replies for 50 seconds and then close the app? That's like 2,000 impressions baby!!!

It makes X even sadder because the numbers they post are never particularly great, and you know those are already bullshitted and bot-influenced.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 11, 2024

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Steadiman posted:

The last dying ember of humanity in her brain is too busy thinking of a nude John Cena taking her away from this, taking her away from all this

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Ahh so it's why it has such a juiced number. That's only 200 scroll bys on average for any Oscar related post lol

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Cosmik Slop posted:

The last dying ember of humanity in her brain is too busy thinking of a nude John Cena taking her away from this, taking her away from all this

I mean fair play, not gonna take that away from her

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

flashman posted:

Ahh so it's why it has such a juiced number. That's only 200 scroll bys on average for any Oscar related post lol

Trying to picture this but I just can't see it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

flashman posted:

It's also something to remember when DogeDesigner makes a post saying a video has 11 billion views. They are actually talking about impressions.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
lol, a friend sent me a link to a hockey video on twitter earlier today and I definitely noticed the quality being even shittier than normal

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Before u kno it all that will remain of Twitter is a Ben Sharpio/Charlie Kirk relevancy slapfight

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
it's a feature

lol just remembered elon's puma (?) video

not a man who cares about video quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

MunchE posted:

Yes, they are also stupid and bad at media. But the context we're talking about here is American History X, which is not subtle in any way shape or form. It's a literal skinhead running around stomping black people who turns his life around. They're able to watch and enjoy this because by not being literal skinheads stomping black people, they are not Bad Guys and they can pat themselves on the back for their restraint.

They literally just gave a perfect example of how they engage with media. This is the entirety of their understanding. They do not think deeply about this in order to identify themselves as being good. They literally do not understand subtext no matter how obvious and unsubtle it is.

They're just extremely dumb, OP. They cannot comprehend anything at all:

https://twitter.com/literaturedevil/status/1765729927976890814?t=zEmyomvCyygCXXFVB9p4Qg&s=19