Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
We're going to bed an hour early tonight. I've already set the clocks ahead and we skipped the nap for the little one to help make sure he goes down. I hate daylight savings time it's such loving bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
our house has been infected ♭hey Gabby

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Greg Legg posted:

We're going to bed an hour early tonight. I've already set the clocks ahead and we skipped the nap for the little one to help make sure he goes down. I hate daylight savings time it's such loving bullshit.

Daylight saving time is superior to standard time, it's the switch that sucks. Just transition to test round DST and be done with it forever.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

hubris.height posted:

our house has been infected ♭hey Gabby

Not infected, but blessed.

*high church chant*
Take me to the doll house.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
watched The Sandlot with my kids and they actually sat through the whole thing and loved it.

had a few side-conversations about consent (like you do with movies from the 90s) but overall it's fine.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Yeah my Kindergartner had homework that we gave her so she didn't feel left out when the older kids were being forced to do their homework.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Elissimpark posted:

Not infected, but blessed.

*high church chant*
Take me to the doll house.

Honestly the crafts song is a loving bop

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
All the Gabby songs are bops. But I do like the theme song best.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Me, an idiot, a loving moron: six ounces will be enough for the dream feed, you only eat 5 a feeding and it wasn't that long ago.
Baby, wise: *screaming at the top of the lungs for more while gurgling because she wants to spit up too*

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the known laws of reality break down beyond the event horizon of a baby's mouth. are they full? empty? both, or neither simultaneously? make your offering and roll the dice

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

kecske posted:

the known laws of reality break down beyond the event horizon of a baby's mouth. are they full? empty? both, or neither simultaneously? make your offering and roll the dice

She peed through her diaper.
The overnight size up we got her

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

One year old eats the same amount of breakfast oatmeal I do. Except afterwards he also eats half of his mom's yoghurt. Little dudes can eat.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Proud of myself for handling a situation

Daughter trailed off during an activity because she was thinking about a bad dream she had involving bears. Apparently she has them a lot. By the end of the chat we had about bears viz. them being just as scared of you as you are of them etc etc she was talking about how she could fight at least five bears at once, scare them away by bouncing her ball at them and so on. I dunno if it's just false bravado but at least for the time being she seems convinced that bears are nature's biggest pussies. Hopefully that helps with the nightmares

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
She's right

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Bouncing balls off Bears' faces is why they missed the playoffs so it's a solid strat

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

Bouncing balls off Bears' faces

But enough about me and your dads

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

HootTheOwl posted:

Me, an idiot, a loving moron: six ounces will be enough for the dream feed, you only eat 5 a feeding and it wasn't that long ago.
Baby, wise: *screaming at the top of the lungs for more while gurgling because she wants to spit up too*

feel this, we are up to 7oz of breastmilk on our 4month old, we almost backed off the first time because he screamed bloody murder and acted like he was dying the first time we moved up but then every feed after that he is like gimme more i love this

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

But enough about me and your dads

I'm so glad you two found each other :3:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

We neglected to change 4yo's dino clock forward so he didn't get up early

Hell yeah he gets it: can't get up until it's 7

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my daughter (15 months) is in many ways the perfect baby: she naps, she sleeps all night, goes to sleep on her own, almost never fussy, smiles a lot. except. boy does she hate diaper changes. it's a huge ordeal, one of us has to hold her down while the other one cleans her up, and it takes her like 20 minutes to calm down. agony.

i hope everyone is coping with spring forward today.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I pawned our kid off on my in-laws for two nights so we could go see a concert :evilbuddy:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

my daughter (15 months) is in many ways the perfect baby: she naps, she sleeps all night, goes to sleep on her own, almost never fussy, smiles a lot. except. boy does she hate diaper changes. it's a huge ordeal, one of us has to hold her down while the other one cleans her up, and it takes her like 20 minutes to calm down. agony.

pretty much same except mine is about 8 months older. it's not quite so bad on the diaper change but man oh man can it be hard to get her to chill for 30 seconds.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
She's currently handling the time change like a champ, but we'll see how the bed time routine rolls.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i guess one silver lining about the ongoing nap at dayacare/10-11 pm bedtime thing we are enduring with my son is that the time change sleep and bedtime disruption, being only an hour, is surely going to be milder than what happens every weekday lol

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

My oldest hated diaper changes too, until we found out that he's a gigantic coward and afraid of heights. So instead of him being on a table, we put him on the floor, and he was okay with it again. Might be worth a shot?

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i'd change wipes and assume there's some kind of rash thats making it painful

also if you get dry wipes and wet them with warm water it feels better than a cold wipe

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

BonHair posted:

My oldest hated diaper changes too, until we found out that he's a gigantic coward and afraid of heights. So instead of him being on a table, we put him on the floor, and he was okay with it again. Might be worth a shot?

we do change her on the floor (we dont have a changing table just a big pad) so thats definitely not it lol

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Elissimpark posted:

All the Gabby songs are bops. But I do like the theme song best.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
fuckin daylight savings screwing up bedtime.

guessing nobody in congress has young kids (maybe they have full time help) because come on now…

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

sonatinas posted:

fuckin daylight savings screwing up bedtime.

guessing nobody in congress has young kids (maybe they have full time help) because come on now…

Tom Cotton is the big hold up.

They snuck a bill past him (Rubio and some other folks) Pelosi passed it in the house to make DST permanent, only for Biden to not sign it because decorum.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Tom Cotton is the big hold up.

They snuck a bill past him (Rubio and some other folks) Pelosi passed it in the house to make DST permanent, only for Biden to not sign it because decorum.

tell him birthday cake is canceled until we fix this poo poo

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

two things that we found to help a lot:

1) keep a set of small “high value” (blinker lights and sound) toys near the changing table that only come out during diaper time.

2) explaining to our guy that we’re going to change his diaper and otherwise narrating the whole process and asking him to help

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Oh yeah when you know your kid is going to hate something you gotta plant the seed 20 minutes early and water it constantly so it doesn't come as so much a shock when they finally have to get changed /leave the house /go to goddamn bed

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My son (10 months old) doesn't hate changing per se but he has reached the stage where he hates having to lie still long enough to do it. Gotta give him something to play with (either a toy or the clothes you're changing him into) or he's gonna just, like, get up and leave in the middle of it

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

lobster shirt posted:

my wife and I developed a system where you'd lay kiddo out on a changing mat on the floor and then you'd sit perpendicular to them with one leg stretched out across their chest for restraint leaving both your hands free to contend with the crime scene. The drawback is that your child will eventually learn and develop powerful wrestling ground game from this and become an unstoppable champion

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Microplastics posted:

Oh yeah when you know your kid is going to hate something you gotta plant the seed 20 minutes early and water it constantly so it doesn't come as so much a shock when they finally have to get changed /leave the house /go to goddamn bed

my kids hate doing anything so I spend a shitload of time doing this. it's exhausting.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

my kids hate doing anything so I spend a shitload of time doing this. it's exhausting.

also if you kid doesn’t hate the thing and they have a good experience shut up about it or limit your positive reinforcement to a bare minimum or the kid will announce they actually hate it .

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Came home from seeing DUNE 2. Imma call my son my lil Kwizatz Haderach. Holy poo poo, I'm gonna start training my dog again, bring him in so he can get lessons on how to do The Voice.

DUNC2 10/10 DAD MOVIE I LOVE THAT LAURENCE OF ARABIA rear end MOVIE

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
They hacked the children's hospitals here so my daughter lost her appointment.
And I just live in America so it's six months later and I still haven't seen anyone about postpartum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Also I have to sneeze but I just got her to sleep.
It's a contact nap so I can't just leave