Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

josh seems like he would have some strong opinions on anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022

sinnesloeschen posted:

lmao yeah because crowds will flock to see old women on big screens (:smith:)

Excuse me?

I'll leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UeGXB2NjR8

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Transformers is really a magical girl anime.

(If the girls were cars and planes and they magically transformed into robots)

Jem, too.

(If the tranformation was from nepo baby to Lady Gaga.)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

JediTalentAgent posted:

Transformers is really a magical girl anime.

(If the girls were cars and planes and they magically transformed into robots)

Jem, too.

(If the tranformation was from nepo baby to Lady Gaga.)

You don't want to look up the magical girl Transformers manga.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Glad the Oscars are over, now TCM can go back to showing Noir Alley on the weekends.

Paladinus posted:

You don't want to look up the magical girl Transformers manga.

Lol. Lmao.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

oh

oh no

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Cubone posted:

did you know you can just not post about pedophilia at all?

you can just not talk about it, and, if somebody else brings it up, you can just not continue that part of the conversation

this works for other horrible things that nobody wants to think about as well, such as torture, or drug addiction, horrifying flesh eating diseases. notice how all of those topics suck and make a normal person sad to think about? so you don't bring them up in the middle of an unrelated conversation and just keep talking about it until somebody tells you to shut the gently caress up?
if torture comes up, you don't have to have a day long discussion dedicated to explaining why torture is bad and how you personally do not and would not ever torture a person

for some reason everybody seems to understand intuitively that, if it's horrible, just one of the worst things, and nobody wants to think about it, that you shouldn't have a protracted discussion about that in the middle of an unrelated topic
unless it's pedophilia
????
for some reason when it comes to pedophilia, somebody has to actively intervene and say something like "hey, stop loving posting about pedophilia you stupid goddamn pieces of poo poo" in order for people to realize they should stop doing that

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Cubone posted:

you can just not talk about it, and, if somebody else brings it up, you can just not continue that part of the conversation

this works for other horrible things that nobody wants to think about as well, such as torture, or drug addiction, horrifying flesh eating diseases. notice how all of those topics suck and make a normal person sad to think about? so you don't bring them up in the middle of an unrelated conversation and just keep talking about it until somebody tells you to shut the gently caress up?
if torture comes up, you don't have to have a day long discussion dedicated to explaining why torture is bad and how you personally do not and would not ever torture a person

for some reason everybody seems to understand intuitively that, if it's horrible, just one of the worst things, and nobody wants to think about it, that you shouldn't have a protracted discussion about that in the middle of an unrelated topic
unless it's pedophilia
????
for some reason when it comes to pedophilia, somebody has to actively intervene and say something like "hey, stop loving posting about pedophilia you stupid goddamn pieces of poo poo" in order for people to realize they should stop doing that

cubone accepting his lifetime achievement award and then immediately milkshake ducking

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Cubone posted:

unless it's pedophilia
????

I know everyone seems to love Reservoir Dogs, but in this 300,000 word post, I will explain…

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Khanstant posted:

Great as usual! The finale especially always descends into beautiful chaos. This year Tim and Gregg got the poo poo beat of them. Mark Pork couldn't make it because he was sandwiched between two cars and probably isn't going to survive (although I suspect he was inside the ominous Big Bird costume the whole time)

Nice! Do you, by chance, know when it’ll go on streaming for monthly subscribers?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymcpwq1ltQc

I dont know what's worse, the fact that I only just heard about this Star Wars game today despite it being announced months ago, or that it seems physically impossible for people to not make a star wars story about a smuggler with a furry sidekick who takes on a job from a shifty weirdo with a robot palling around.

I'm actually interested in this game. The developers have made a couple of games I really really love. Their Avatar game that released a few months ago got decent reviews. The graphics engine they use can produce some really gorgeous stuff.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

I agree. You shouldn't have to be told not to post about anime

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Cubone posted:

unless it's pedophilia
????

uWu

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

Nice! Do you, by chance, know when it’ll go on streaming for monthly subscribers?

They sent an email earlier, though it says for annual subscribers, so maybe there's another date for monthly? I have annual because HEI points are my only retirement fund and I'm fixing to quit working in 40 years or so.
https://www.heinetwork.tv/episode/11th-annual-on-cinema-oscar-special/?mc_cid=b1cb922cc3&mc_eid=02d821fd0a

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
https://x.com/MikeStoklasa/status/1766271492919111734?s=20

He's going to buy it all, and store it Rich's house.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Space Jam posted:

josh seems like he would have some strong sexual opinions on anime

fify

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Failson posted:

https://x.com/MikeStoklasa/status/1766271492919111734?s=20

He's going to buy it all, and store it Rich's house.

They're gonna remake that Jenny video about driving cross country to get a giant spider but it's Mike driving cross country to get a shipping container full of Star Trek paraphernalia.

I want to know the story behind that 10-Forward play set. That's not something they ever sold, it has to be custom made. I wonder if the guy built it himself.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 12, 2024

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Gripweed posted:

They're gonna remake that Jenny video about driving cross country to get a giant spider but it's Mike driving cross country to get a shipping container full of Star Trek paraphernalia.

I want to know the story behind that 10-Forward play set. That's not something they ever sold, it has to be custom made. I wonder if the guy built it himself.

I hope they stop at an old, shut down Flintstones theme park so some guy can accuse them of being posers instead of "real" Flintstones fans.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

counterfeitsaint posted:

I hope they stop at an old, shut down Flintstones theme park so some guy can accuse them of being posers instead of "real" Flintstones fans.

lmao

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

What is this a reference to?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I AM GRANDO posted:

What is this a reference to?
Is an old cartoon about a prehistiric family.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's an old Hannah barbarian cartoon sitcom inspired by the Honeymooners. It follows the Flintstones family and their neighbors as they get up to various situations. The interesting thing about it is they are all in this kind of fantasy take on early human cultures, in a world where humans and dinosaurs coexist and various prehistoric animals work as tools and machines, like we do with some monkeys today, but the animals can talk and seem to have about as resigned a position to their work as we do with our own daily toils, which makes them relatable or act as comedic relief. They have advanced technology for their apparent level of development, like cars made out of bone, wood, and stone, that they power manually by pushing with their feet.

It's worth checking out if you've never seen it but be warned the main character is a real rear end in a top hat most of the time.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Gripweed posted:

Ha, I saw that in the pics and kinda wondered what kids would want the bar & lounge playset instead of the bridge or something

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

did you know you can just not post about Flintstones at all?

unless it's the Flintstones
????
for some reason when it comes to the Flintstones, somebody has to actively intervene and say something like "hey, stop loving posting about the Flintstones you stupid goddamn pieces of poo poo" in order for people to realize they should stop doing that

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Some nerdy ten year old would absolutely have pretended to be a waiter in the spaceship bar

Vakal
May 11, 2008

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Fred Flintstone committed genocide

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Flintstones used to be in the OP of the thread like eight years ago it's practically grandfathered in.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Do young people these days know about the Flintstones? The Jetsons?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

In the thread, it sounds like his brother had a 3-D printer, and really got some mileage out of it.

Or he could have bought one:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/107242..._search_click=1

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

The Flintstones was a magnificent achievement in writing and animation. It was the first comedy ever made that contained no jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fX9SMkKWFU

Like really. Some loose nonsense plot would lurch from scene to scene, the prehistoric setting being completely incidental, while not even a vague attempt at a joke would be made. But the laugh track would just keep going incessantly. It’s almost surreal in just how awful it is.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 12, 2024

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel like the haughtiness of the flintstones theme park operator did momentarily reflect some deep, dark truth about the nation. And its terrible destiny

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i dont know that actually

Barudak
May 7, 2007

colonelwest posted:

The Flintstones was a magnificent achievement in writing and animation. It was the first comedy ever made that contained no jokes.

Like really. Some loose nonsense plot would lurch from scene to scene, the prehistoric setting being completely incidental, while not even a vague attempt at a joke would be made. But the laugh track would just keep going incessantly. It’s almost surreal in just how awful it is.

Eh, its a living.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

No Mods No Masters posted:

I feel like the haughtiness of the flintstones theme park operator did momentarily reflect some deep, dark truth about the nation. And its terrible destiny

Yeah sure, I mean obviously, but how were any of us meant to know that at the time.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I was just wondering what guillermo del toro was up to and he's apparently in the middle of filming a faithful adaptation of frankenstein starring oscar isaac for netflix. seems like exactly his kind of movie.

maybe they'll finally let him make his lovecraft movie if it does well for them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

colonelwest posted:

I forgot they put a laugh track in a drat cartoon

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I’d watch a Del Toro Flintstones

PostNouveau posted:

I forgot they put a laugh track in a drat cartoon

Yeah a lot of them had laugh tracks. It was just a product of the time where networks demanded it cuz “that’s just how it is, you hear the audience laughing. If there isn’t an audience then we gotta fake it, no other choice!”

Literally why Mash had one

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Stink Billyums posted:

I was just wondering what guillermo del toro was up to and he's apparently in the middle of filming a faithful adaptation of frankenstein starring oscar isaac for netflix. seems like exactly his kind of movie.

maybe they'll finally let him make his lovecraft movie if it does well for them.

lol wikipedia says he was supposed to make this for universal years ago but they shelved it in favor of the dark universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Stink Billyums posted:

lol wikipedia says he was supposed to make this for universal years ago but they shelved it in favor of the dark universe

lol, all the failed "cinematic universes" are great. Never not funny at how hard they nearly all failed.