Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm glad She-Hulk keeps rolling along being a dope little romance comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Ultimate X-men read like the opening chapter of every magical girl manga ever.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Scarlet Witch is a very good book. I consider this still ongoing even though they changed the name to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver for 4 issues and will be relaunching it again with the Scarlet Witch title. It's the same writer all throughout so I dunno why they're bothering to do all this, but I enjoy it a lot.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Codependent Poster posted:

Scarlet Witch is a very good book. I consider this still ongoing even though they changed the name to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver for 4 issues and will be relaunching it again with the Scarlet Witch title. It's the same writer all throughout so I dunno why they're bothering to do all this, but I enjoy it a lot.

I did not not know they were continuing after the Quicksilver mini. This makes me happy and makes it a big recommend as well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Codependent Poster posted:

Number 1s sell more copies.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Marvel probably wasn't sure if it would be successful enough to justify an ongoing so they rolled out the limited series as a test. Kind of like Death of Dr Strange.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Coming up with 10 without including any x books is hard. I'm cheating on this list a little by including the unlimited books but they are some of the best marvel content so :shrug: in no particular order:

Fantastic four
Immortal Thor
Scarlet witch
She Hulk
Dr strange
Ghost Rider/Incredible hulk
Captain America
It's Jeff/Alligator Loki/Marvel Meow

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The X-man cometh posted:

Marvel probably wasn't sure if it would be successful enough to justify an ongoing so they rolled out the limited series as a test. Kind of like Death of Dr Strange.

Maybe but there isn't any clear break. Like the first issue just reads like the next issue of the old series. This happened with She-Hulk too.

At least Moon Knight makes sense for a new title even if it's directly continuing the story.

Also yeah Moon Knight is so good. I didn't hesitate at pre-ordering the omnibus. I hope Dr. Strange gets the same treatment since that rules as well.

I never thought that Tigra and Clea would become a couple of my favorite characters. Or that I'd really dig a young female vampire in a sweet white suit. The supporting casts for those books are just so strong.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Re: Doctor Strange: Oh no, Bats. :ohdear:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah that ultimate x-men was everything I hoped for. Gorgeous art and a cool start. I'm curious if they have a plan to work towards a more typical x-men setting or if they'll keep it a smaller individual book for a while.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i liked avengers today

site fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 6, 2024

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Is Steve fighting with Mab?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

site posted:

i liked avengers today

:unsmith:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Spectacular Spider-Men was a little uneven. The fight felt stretched out because it was interspersed with all the out of sequence talky bits, although I did like those talky bits apart from the random ones with character that will probably be more relevant later.

Also not sure how I feel about Ramos in 2024.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

OnimaruXLR posted:

Spectacular Spider-Men was a little uneven. The fight felt stretched out because it was interspersed with all the out of sequence talky bits, although I did like those talky bits apart from the random ones with character that will probably be more relevant later.

I see Weisman still likes his very forced wordplay. Other than that it was fine. Wild to see a very old supporting character in Sha Shan.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dawgstar posted:

I see Weisman still likes his very forced wordplay. Other than that it was fine. Wild to see a very old supporting character in Sha Shan.

Clearly a Weisman favorite as she was in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon he did.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Spider-Man (Peter) has usually been pretty short on SE Asian supporting cast members. Other than her and Philip Chang I can't think of any more off the top of my head. I'm assuming someone during the Horizon era but I don't recall.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I like when someone has a favorite supporting character like this and brings them in after being not used in years. Waiting for the day a writer remembers Chat from Marvel Adventures Spider-Man and brings her properly into the 616.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If it were me, I'd bring in Betty. Kind of wild how often she gets ignored in adaptations and reimaginings.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lobok posted:

If it were me, I'd bring in Betty. Kind of wild how often she gets ignored in adaptations and reimaginings.

Yeah, she was Peter's first official girlfriend but kind of gets overshadowed by Gwen and having married a Hobgoblin.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
They should bring Xina Kwan back to Spider-Man 2099 :colbert:

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Congratulations to Vulpes for getting to make a DnD party out of his pet Marvel characters in Dr. Strange. Looking forward to the next issue.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
time to get in on it's jeff, alligator loki, and the gwenpool comes out as ace arc of love unlimited

quote:

New York, NY— March 7, 2024 — It’s time to Start Scrolling! Today, comic fans will have even more access to their favorite stories spanning the Marvel Universe with the all-new Marvel’s Infinity Comics: Start Scrolling digital program. The new program, exclusively from Marvel Unlimited, allows readers to access select Infinity Comics for free.

Marvel’s Infinity Comics: Start Scrolling will provide instant access to select free comics, with no login required. Readers can experience over 100 issues of bingeable Marvel stories starring fan-favorites including the X-Men, Spider-Man, Jeff the Land Shark, and many more, by visiting https://www.marvel.com/infinitycomics. With an extensive library of over 30,000 comics on Marvel Unlimited, fans can expect other free Infinity Comics to be rotated in throughout the year.

site fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 7, 2024

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
That Spider-men issue also brought in Kenny/Kong, from USM!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Argue posted:

That Spider-men issue also brought in Kenny/Kong, from USM!

Also from Weisman’s Spider-Man cartoon.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I don't think Ultimate X-Men is for me. The story seemed like it both skipped around and stretched out too long, I didn't care for Hisako at all or whatever it is she was going through. The art also didn't have the same feel as the Demon Days either.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Soonmot posted:

I don't think Ultimate X-Men is for me. The story seemed like it both skipped around and stretched out too long, I didn't care for Hisako at all or whatever it is she was going through. The art also didn't have the same feel as the Demon Days either.

Japanese style horror Manga isn't for everyone

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

E: Lol my bad guys. I thought this was the X-Men thread where there was recently a conversation about how many creators can claim to have worked on X-Men, Avengers, and the FF.

AllNewJonasSalk fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 10, 2024

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nothing especially funny about this page but the exposition dump is just fantastic. Comic books are so dumb. I love comic books.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Pete sure is relatable knowing and dating all these hotties and having a complicated social life with many people

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I like that dig about Ned Leeds. There was a lot of backroom fighting about who the Hobgoblin actually was. Ned Leeds was killed in Wolverine vs Spider-Man because the writer of that hated the idea of Hobgoblin being Leeds.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
No wonder Spider-Man has trouble keeping his intrusive thoughts/quips to himself. His inner monologue reads like a Wikipedia article.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's from a short story across three issue of Marvel Comics Presents (48-50) where Spidey teams with Wolverine. Throughout the entire story Spidey is worrying about all the coincidences and connections his friends and family have to his villains. Turns out one of the villains they face was in his 4th grade class as well. And then at the end of the fight this happens.

After than Peter goes home to MJ and is freaking out about how all the people in his life are connected to supervillains. If only he knew.

Interestingly enough the story is written and drawn by Erik Larsen and features a small cameo by a big green guy named Savage Fin who looks an awful lot like another green dude Larsen would go on to draw.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Very cool! And there are some indie Savage Dragon appearances in the 80s as well, but he had a different short fin back then.

I had a Deadpool question, his daughter Ellie is back in Ziglar's new run. I know that's mainly from Duggan's run, curious on odds and ends after that. I still gotta read that too.

I saw a wiki say Deadpool runs into her on a class trip, and doesn't remember her due to the ending of Duggan's run. Is that in Scottie Young's run? Also I see Deadpool: The End involves some stuff with her and Mephisto. But I guess mainly she hasn't been in comics much in recent years?

Does Deadpool still not remember his daughter, or has that been resolved? Also apparently she's credited in Duggan's Avengers/X-Men FCBD special thingy.

Sounds like a fun idea for a new run, I guess DP setting up an assassin company or something as well.

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/cody-ziglar-deadpool-marvel-comics-interview/

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 12, 2024

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

She was in Spider-Man/Deadpool. Deadpool introduced Spider-Man to her. There was also a Deadpool 2099 brief story that had her in it too. That's the story where it's revealed she was a mutant and her power is that every time she dies she revives at the same age as when she first got her powers. Not sure if that's technically canon or not since it was a 2099 story. Deadpool does know who she is still. For a while he had his memory wiped but he did get it back. That was at the very end of the Skottie Young run.

X-O fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 12, 2024

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Thanks, good to know! I wonder if his restored memories affected much, I know he did the king of monster Island thing right after. Which looks fun with the ever classic Jeffrey. Quite the life story this Deadpool.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Air Skwirl posted:

Ned Leeds was killed in Wolverine vs Spider-Man because the writer of that hated the idea of Hobgoblin being Leeds.
The best part is that Hobgoblin was never even supposed to be Ned Leeds, even after his creator Roger Stern left and told Tom DeFalco to just basically do whatever. DeFalco didn't like Stern's original idea of Roderick Kingsley being the Hobgoblin, so he decided it would be Richard Fisk. Then he got removed from The Amazing Spider-Man by editor Christopher Priest, or Jim Owsley as he was known back then.

Priest asked DeFalco who the Hobgoblin was, and DeFalco (who didn't get along with Priest even before he got taken off TASM) lied about it being Leeds. Priest then went on to write the Spider-Man vs. Wolverine oneshot, in which Leeds is killed by the Foreigner's men. After that, Priest told Peter David to reveal the Foreigner as the real Hobgoblin, but David argued that didn't really make sense and that Leeds was the only one who it could realistically be. So, because Spider-Man vs. Wolverine had already been drawn, they posthumously revealed Ned Leeds to have been the Hobgoblin and moved on with Jason Macendale as the new Hobgoblin.

Of course, Stern came back years later for Hobgoblin Lives to establish Kingsley as the real Hobgoblin and Ned as his fall guy, and that was that. Or so I thought, because apparently they brought Ned back and made him an actual Hobgoblin a few years ago. Comic books!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I should say Wolverine vs Spider-Man is on the whole a decent book and goes a long way to explaining why Wolverine is both super annoyed at Spider-Man, but also has a lot of respect for him.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Should probably note that Spider-Man vs. Wolverine (the one where Ned Leeds dies) is not the same book as Wolverine vs. Spider-Man (the Erik Larsen one) because even I'm getting confused here. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

DMorbid posted:

even I'm getting confused here.

You wouldn't be half as confused if you went webslinging for a bit and had an expository inner monologue that read like a wiki entry.