Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

uh, holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Any confirmation yet that isn't from that twitter thread?

Senor Big Snacks
Jan 6, 2024

Tarquinn posted:

Any confirmation yet that isn't from that twitter thread?

Not that I've seen, but I'm not sure the Russians would confirm anyway. Now if they deny it...

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Russia producing three times more artillery shells than US and Europe for Ukraine

quote:

Russia is producing about 250,000 artillery munitions per month, or about 3 million a year, according to NATO intelligence estimates of Russian defense production shared with CNN, as well as sources familiar with Western efforts to arm Ukraine. Collectively, the US and Europe have the capacity to generate only about 1.2 million munitions annually to send to Kyiv, a senior European intelligence official told CNN.

The US military set a goal to produce 100,000 rounds of artillery a month by the end of 2025 — less than half of the Russian monthly output — and even that number is now out of reach with $60 billion in Ukraine funding stalled in Congress, a senior Army official told reporters last week.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1767113170903069173#m

(it's actually 21.4 billion, the number wasn't written correctly)

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Those production facilities should be the “unfortunate” victims of smoking accidents.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Those production facilities should be the “unfortunate” victims of smoking accidents.

That's the kind of target that Ukraine has to ask someone to undertake a possible "one way" mission to take out. The kind where someone has to ensure it's done right the first time as you likely won't get a second chance.

Unlike a petrochemical facility, there aren't usually giant tanks of flammable materials out in the open.

(IMO) You would have to attack the facilities making the explosive filler, as the shell casing factory would likely be a Soviet-era foundry with very large, very difficult to destroy machinery)

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

rowkey bilbao posted:

Is this why musk is.complaining about woke oscars, or just because he's a dumb piece or poo poo in general

Elon actually said he was wrong about the Oscars being woke once he saw the big winners were all white people. True story.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Blistex posted:

(IMO) You would have to attack the facilities making the explosive filler, as the shell casing factory would likely be a Soviet-era foundry with very large, very difficult to destroy machinery)

there were already several(?) explosions in gunpowder plant in Tambov

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Dwesa posted:

there were already several(?) explosions in gunpowder plant in Tambov

Where there’s a will, there’s a way

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

With today's raising of the Swedish flag in Brussels, on behalf of the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation I would like to thank Monke for the alliance's recent acquisition of some fantastic submarines and Gripen aircraft, not to mention the creation of Lake NATO (formerly known as the Baltic Sea).

Cheers baldy, couldn't have done it without you!

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Iwanttobelieve.jpg

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1767174030455390641

:whitewater:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
War sucks, just go home

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bold of Dmitri to claim they're actually being paid.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
fremen have dedicated windtraps, 0/10

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Blistex posted:

That's the kind of target that Ukraine has to ask someone to undertake a possible "one way" mission to take out. The kind where someone has to ensure it's done right the first time as you likely won't get a second chance.

Unlike a petrochemical facility, there aren't usually giant tanks of flammable materials out in the open.

Not necessarily. Both gunpowder and high explosives require nitric acid as a feedstock because most explosives are based on nitro groups violently preferring to be nitrogen gas.

Production of nitric acid in turn requires natural gas and ammonia (the production of which itself uses natural gas). The production of explosive precursors presents significantly more and softer targets than ammunition plants.

The Russians have denied themselves one such facility in the battle of Sieverodonetsk and blame Ukraine for strikes against an ammonia pipeline.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

All that pope dunking was worth it and great

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

All that pope dunking was worth it and great

Left the faith when i was sixteen, they are pretty irrelevant on things outside actual religion. :shrug:

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

The only pope worth listening to lives in outer space and has the head of a crocodile.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
My genitals are named Pope Peener Carlisle III and the Cardinals.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1767293992423834057#m
:sickos:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1767416330649493875?s=20
:dukedog:

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Wait that puts the tally at 4??

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Isn't that like half the fleet?

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Did anyone ever verify that the mos.ru website had been fully encrypted?

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

That seems to compare 155mm production in the US and Europe to production of all calibers for Russia. Of course, the US could produce a billion shells and it wouldn't matter if they don't send it to Ukraine.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Mikojan posted:

Wait that puts the tally at 4??

4 destroyed + 1 in Belarus whose surveillance radar was damaged

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

pro-Ukrainian Russian volunteers operating in Belgorod and Kursk border regions, fighting is reported, Russian Su-27 allegedly shot down edit: it was old video of Su-27

Russian volunteer tank in Belgorod region
https://v.redd.it/3ie6ih5ikunc1/DASH_480.mp4

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Mar 12, 2024

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

zone posted:

4 destroyed + 1 in Belarus whose surveillance radar was damaged

How many are there in all? Something like 8-12, isn't it?

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How many are there in all? Something like 8-12, isn't it?

Russia had previously contracted for 7 modernized ones, and there are rumors that not all got completed.

This was the facility where the old planes are refitted with modern radars, so if Ukraine got 2 in this strike they were probably not ones that were previously counted as part of the fleet. (Russia has plenty of the old model with analog 80's radar, but those are practically useless against modern threats. They only have a handful of the modern ones.)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1767483336031674652#m
And a partridge in a pear tree :dumb:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1767473455757246475#m
Suffer.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

I'm assuming they are targeting these A-50s to set the stage for the F-16s huh

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Gros Tarla posted:

I'm assuming they are targeting these A-50s to set the stage for the F-16s huh

I would assume. Can't really do offensive operations according to the modern NATO playbook without air power, right?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1767503939421790675#m

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Nyet comrade 12 Ukranian P.O.W's

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Crew members of Il-76 took a crash course during their scheduled flight, nothing to see here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Obviously a very realistic training exercise, involving an actual plane.