Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

drilldo squirt posted:

Russia is still deeply pathetic for needing to bring out tanks from the 60s.

pathetically winning a proxy war against all of nato while the us gives billions of dollars worth of rocket launchers and tanks to dumbass nazis who just get themselves splattered immediately by driving straight at fortifications in single file

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I dislike them, when they are used to stop democratic reforms in Soviet colonies.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Hatebag posted:

pathetically winning a proxy war against all of nato while the us gives billions of dollars worth of rocket launchers and tanks to dumbass nazis who just get themselves splattered immediately by driving straight at fortifications in single file

Were not giving stuff to Wagner, what are you talking about? Also in what world is losing half the territory you stole winning?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Also, that Wagner guy blew up after that coup attempt.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

drilldo squirt posted:

Also china can't even invade taiwan.

do they need to? taiwan is in the far more passive position unless you think the US can mount an actual defense without being miserably bloodied ala russia in ukraine.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Old stuff is only hard to maintain if you don't have spare parts

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Homeless Friend posted:

do they need to? taiwan is in the far more passive position unless you think the US can mount an actual defense without being miserably bloodied ala russia in ukraine.

They have given me the impression they want to, the reason is beyond me.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Rodney The Yam II posted:

Old stuff is only hard to maintain if you don't have spare parts

All stuff is hard to maintain without parts. Russia can't make parts for their new tanks which is why they are using the old ones.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

drilldo squirt posted:

Were not giving stuff to Wagner, what are you talking about? Also in what world is losing half the territory you stole winning?

well the us may have bribed prigozhin towards the end of his life. something certainly made mr. hotdogs hot under the collar.
but i was talking about all the nazis in the ukrainian army and militias. you know, the guys covered with sonnerads, swastikas, and iron crosses?
and russia is currently rolling up ukraine so fast the french are talking about sending hundreds of thousands of troops to hold kiev. ukraine should just surrender. there's no reason to pay thousands and thousands of more dead ukrainians so that america can control european markets

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Hatebag posted:

well the us may have bribed prigozhin towards the end of his life. something certainly made mr. hotdogs hot under the collar.
but i was talking about all the nazis in the ukrainian army and militias. you know, the guys covered with sonnerads, swastikas, and iron crosses?
and russia is currently rolling up ukraine so fast the french are talking about sending hundreds of thousands of troops to hold kiev. ukraine should just surrender. there's no reason to pay thousands and thousands of more dead ukrainians so that america can control european markets

You live in a fantasy land.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

drilldo squirt posted:

if this is a fantasy it's a pretty bad one. I'm sure whatever western media companies run by people heavily invested in american dominance of the world are giving you all the straight facts

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Hatebag posted:

if this is a fantasy it's a pretty bad one. I'm sure whatever western media companies run by people heavily invested in american dominance of the world are giving you all the straight facts

Lmbo.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

I like this part:

Being arrested for littering, is it asian authoritarianism or is it a respectable effort to ward off savagery? I guess it depends on location.

This reminds me of someone observing that the Chapos are the worst stereotype of ugly American tourists and their complaints about various countries on their tours are limited to the trouble they get in for littering, public urination, vaping in taxis.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

drilldo squirt posted:

They have given me the impression they want to, the reason is beyond me.

Having the capability, showing threat and actually wanting to do it are all different things. Khrushchev appeared crazy enough to start WW3 to where Eisenhower felt the need to gently caress up britain & co directly during the Suez Crisis but never intended to make good on his threats, and didnt have the capability to lol.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

drilldo squirt posted:

I dislike them, when they are used to stop democratic reforms in Soviet colonies.

That’s a spelling of coup I haven’t seen before

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

drilldo squirt posted:

All stuff is hard to maintain without parts. Russia can't make parts for their new tanks which is why they are using the old ones.

They are clearly producing new tanks while upgrading their old ones. The t-62 specifically is a relative small part of their inventory.

Most signs point to the fact they are bringing significantly more tanks online than their losses, and are filling out new units that are waiting in reserves.

Also, a bunch of NATO countries have older tanks from roughly that era in reserve. It isn’t a massive own.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

That’s a spelling of coup I haven’t seen before

You're literally a tankie.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Tankie NATO Cato wife

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Homeless Friend posted:

Having the capability, showing threat and actually wanting to do it are all different things. Khrushchev appeared crazy enough to start WW3 to where Eisenhower felt the need to gently caress up britain & co directly during the Suez Crisis but never intended to make good on his threats, and didnt have the capability to lol.

China doesn't have the capability to carry out threats is what I'm saying.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

China will sink a CVN within the decade inshallah

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Ardennes posted:

They are clearly producing new tanks while upgrading their old ones. The t-62 specifically is a relative small part of their inventory.

Most signs point to the fact they are bringing significantly more tanks online than their losses, and are filling out new units that are waiting in reserves.

Also, a bunch of NATO countries have older tanks from roughly that era in reserve. It isn’t a massive own.

Those older NATO tanks are probably only going to be used if they run out of modern tanks. Which is what is happening in russia. Which is pathetic for what was formally thought of as the second strongest in the world.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

drilldo squirt posted:

We love the tanks here sir

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

drilldo squirt posted:

considering the US wargames predict catastrophic losses for all involved, the blob disagrees

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

drilldo squirt posted:

M109 is a self propelled gun.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

drilldo squirt posted:

Those older NATO tanks are probably only going to be used if they run out of modern tanks. Which is what is happening in russia.

You usually bring in reserve tanks to expand your force not replace tanks one to one.

They would do exactly the same thing the Russians are doing if they could.

drilldo squirt posted:

I assume you are talking to the thread: ya, and what are you going to do about it?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
what is taiwans gameplan in the situation of being next to a hostile neighbor, with the damage from that war, and being an island. if a war happens theyre doomed.

Ignorant Hick
Mar 26, 2010

drilldo squirt posted:

For real. The more people willing to acknowledge that the US military is unbeatable and nothing needs to change, the better.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Ardennes posted:

You usually bring in reserve tanks to expand your force not replace tanks one to one.

They would do exactly the same thing the Russians are doing if they could.

I assume you are talking to the thread: ya, and what are you going to do about it?

Think poorly of you all.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Ignorant Hick posted:

For real. The more people willing to acknowledge that the US military is unbeatable and nothing needs to change, the better.

When did I say this?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

drilldo squirt posted:

china could shoot a million cruise missiles at taiwan and there's nothing the us could do about it other than nuke them. which would get the us nuked so effectively there's nothing the us could do. the us can't even stop ansarallah from sinking ships in the red sea, how are they going to do anything against china? the us can't even reload its vls missiles at sea lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

did the thread attract another loser from gbs or something

what a boring troll

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Homeless Friend posted:

what is taiwans gameplan in the situation of being next to a hostile neighbor, with the damage from that war, and being an island. if a war happens theyre doomed.

I disagree they are doomed but I know as much as you do about Taiwan's plan.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Taiwan more like asian puerto rico if a war happens lol

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Hatebag posted:

china could shoot a million cruise missiles at taiwan and there's nothing the us could do about it other than nuke them. which would get the us nuked so effectively there's nothing the us could do. the us can't even stop ansarallah from sinking ships in the red sea, how are they going to do anything against china? the us can't even reload its vls missiles at sea lol

Man you fash really get off on America losing wars.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

the us rich are essentially a collection of parasites all gnawing away at everything that has made them rich to the extent that they've made themselves fully impotent against anyone with convictions and organization. and this is the fate of all neoliberal countries

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
xi jinping doing three pointer toss of bounty towels into a crowd

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

drilldo squirt posted:

Russia is still deeply pathetic for needing to bring out tanks from the 60s.

guns from then and now are more or less the same, if you give it an upgrade package with new optics and so on its a perfectly servicable fire support platfrom

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Hatebag posted:

the us rich are essentially a collection of parasites all gnawing away at everything that has made them rich to the extent that they've made themselves fully impotent against anyone with convictions and organization. and this is the fate of all neoliberal countries

I disagree.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

drilldo squirt posted:

God willing the United SSnakkke$ will lose even more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

drilldo squirt posted:

fascists love it when the biggest fascist country in the world loses wars, very smart observation