Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Alaois posted:

but also the best wrestling games are the Giant Gram games

:hellyeah:

I still have my original Japanese DC and both Giant Gram games. They kick rear end. Arcade wrestling done right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I have a fire pro save with 2,885 wrestlers in it. Get with the loving times.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CarlCX posted:

I have a fire pro save with 2,885 wrestlers in it. Get with the loving times.

firepro also allows custom entrance music, even on consoles! 2k literally chooses not to do it

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Come on, how much storage does a PlayStation even have, 100s of gigabytes? An image could be up to a megabyte!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Golden Bee posted:

Come on, how much storage does a PlayStation even have, 100s of gigabytes? An image could be up to a megabyte!

I can only imagine at this point that the CAW/Image limit is tied to some 25 year old code from the PS2 era games that's somehow load bearing to entire game engine and if they change even a single digit it'll break literally everything irreparably.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drakkel posted:

I can only imagine at this point that the CAW/Image limit is tied to some 25 year old code from the PS2 era games that's somehow load bearing to entire game engine and if they change even a single digit it'll break literally everything irreparably.

We're on a site radium worked on, this part should at least be familiar

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I got a new PC with inklings of getting 2K, and I'm just gonna use it to run modded Fire Pro even faster.

Good poo poo 2K :allears:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

We're on a site radium worked on, this part should at least be familiar

I wonder what the load bearing slur in 2k is

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

STING 64 posted:

firepro also allows custom entrance music, even on consoles! 2k literally chooses not to do it

Hold on a sec.

Explain.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

STING 64 posted:

Fire pro is arguably niche enough to fly under the radar where the high profile 2k game being marketed to millions of children would raise a lot of press when some viral video of a wrestler coming out to something wildly inappropriate that’s actually in the game holy poo poo they’re peddling this to your children!!!!! comes out.

And that’s before you get into any kind of licensing or copyright slap fights.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sandman from ECW posted:

Hold on a sec.

Explain.

I found these instructions for PS4:

Import MP3 files from USB storage device connected to Playstation 4.

Source files must be placed in the following directory:

MUSIC\FPW

Recommended MP3 file specifications are as follows:

[Sampling Rate] 32000/44100/48000Hz

[Bit Rate] 96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps

[Codec] MPEG1Layer3

[Maximum File Size] 5MB

[Maximum Number of Files] 40 music files

So yeah, as long as it isn't too long, you can put an MP3 in a special folder on your music browser and off you go, even on ps4.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Well time to start up a new round of Fire Pro. Thanks gang!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
As the most casual of wrestling observers, FP is hands down my favorite "engine" of wrestling game and I routinely boot it up on Saturn and Dreamcast.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I like to do this thing where I draft 40 wrestlers into 4 separate leagues and then I have a system that determines who fights who in those leagues based on the order they were drafted in. Each league has a champion determined in the “pre-season” and then every “month” for five “months” (the regular season) each league holds a single show consisting of four matches (so every wrestler has one “month” off) and then at the end of the “month” there’s a ppv with bonus matches where the wrestlers with the highest match rating in their league get a shot at their champion and it’s all worth points. Also at the ppv there’s an 8-man elimination match consisting of everyone who had that “month” off and the winner gets bonus points.

Then after the 5 months of matches i seed everyone into 1 of 2 different single elimination tournaments for their league and then those 8 winners go into a double round robin and the winner of that is that seasons grand champion. (The post-season)

Basically it gives me a reason to sim a bunch of matches and they are all determined by the draft and who beats who and they all build to a big finale and it’s really fun. After the draft I literally have no control over what happens.

Last time I did a 1999 thing and it was great. Eddie Guerrero won his leagues belt in the first month and was undefeated until the tournament where he lost to x-Pac (who was ranked 32nd overall going in) in the first round and then X-Pac lost that tournament in the finals to Sid Vicious who did ok but did not win the round robin. The final match was undefeated Hulk Hogan (who had way less points than Eddie due to never winning his leagues belt) vs Big Show and the only match Big Show had lost was against Hogan in the very first week of the very first month. Big Show beat Hulk and brother I was LOSING it.

Currently I’m thinking of doing a 1993 based season and getting actual entrance themes in there is gonna be so cool I can’t wait.

Sandman from ECW fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 10, 2024

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I’m talking about Fire Pro, btw. I guess you could probably do this in other games too.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
if youre not setting up spreadsheets with win/loss % formula autofills to track matches youre not playing fire pro right

my setup is all cage fights, in a ring submission only/basically wargames for teams and the "gruesome fighting" mma mode for singles matches, which almost always end in a ko and are super tense and can lead to really awesome tense finishes. every big move is a potential knockout and even sometimes routine stuff. i have a whole title lineage doc and everything and this isnt even the first time ive set one up, its like automated action figures its so good lol

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Spreadsheets are absolutely critical to my system. It’s at least 40% of the fun

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

My save is divided into 577 themed teams of 5 people each. I have a 17-tab spreadsheet and three text files. When I die, my brain will be entombed in concrete and buried seven fathoms down below so it can't hurt anyone ever again.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

dang you guys are intense, I usually just have like carl from aqua teen fight samoa joe with david bowie as the ref for the huge shits belt

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I don't do spreadsheets but I do have a text file where I jot down results and what I'm going to do for upcoming "big events".

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fire pro is like the ultimate tinker toy for wrestling fans.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I downloaded like 200 guys off steam workshop, got annoyed with making leagues and rosters and just made wwe guys shoot fight nick diaz

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

projecthalaxy posted:

I downloaded like 200 guys off steam workshop, got annoyed with making leagues and rosters and just made wwe guys shoot fight nick diaz

the dream of RAW Underground lives on

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I'm sitting here with a Mac and Series X crying because Fire Pro isn't available on either. :(

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Fly Ricky posted:

I'm sitting here with a Mac and Series X crying because Fire Pro isn't available on either. :(

You should have Boot Camp on your Mac and Microsoft is just giving away Windows 10 free now.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Fly Ricky posted:

If I remember correctly, Fire Pro works perfectly fine using the free Whisky wine bottle management app and installing Steam and Fire Pro into a one. I'm using the paid CrossOver Mac (a similar thing) and it works fine.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Maxwell Lord posted:

You should have Boot Camp on your Mac and Microsoft is just giving away Windows 10 free now.

TealShark posted:

If I remember correctly, Fire Pro works perfectly fine using the free Whisky wine bottle management app and installing Steam and Fire Pro into a one. I'm using the paid CrossOver Mac (a similar thing) and it works fine.

:drat: I've been wasting my time with these poo poo 2k games forever.

Thanks for the software recommendation, and I had no idea Windows 10 was free. Thought there was a huge barrier to entry.

What DLC should I pick up?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

You should have Boot Camp on your Mac
Only on Intel Macs. Not on the newer ARM-based ones.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Fly Ricky posted:

:drat: I've been wasting my time with these poo poo 2k games forever.

Thanks for the software recommendation, and I had no idea Windows 10 was free. Thought there was a huge barrier to entry.

What DLC should I pick up?

Right now, the entirety of Fire Pro is on a huge sale on Steam (base game and all of the DLC, minus the Takayama charity stuff). If you're willing to get the whole thing, I'd say go for it as all of the DLC has some cool things in it. But you could probably start with the base game and the DLC Bundle (which includes a bunch of New Japan guys, the awesome Fire Promoter mode, and a new story mode) and then pick up anything else you may want down the line. Be sure to grab the free move craft DLC pack as well.

I would also recommend grabbing the PhilParent edits from the Steam Workshop. PhilParent meticulously ported every single previous default and official edit guide Fire Pro character from past games to World. It's a lot, so you could focus on just specific versions of the games (Fire Pro D and Final Fire Pro Advance/FPW2 had pretty decent rosters that encapsulate the late-90s and early-2000s).

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

TealShark posted:

[top-notch Fire Pro advice]

Much appreciated! Perfectly detailed, concise info. On it. Picked up Fire Pro and CrossOver last night, will hit Steam again for DLC.

Might have more questions for you when I install everything. This is literally a dream come true. Ever since World was released I've had my face pressed against the window in envy. :krad:

edit: are Entrance Craft and Parts Craft required to download stuff from Steam Workshop creators? I lack the eye for detail to make them myself, and rely on the insanely talented community to make my PRIDE FC/Attitude Era collab come true.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 11, 2024

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Fly Ricky posted:

edit: are Entrance Craft and Parts Craft required to download stuff from Steam Workshop creators? I lack the eye for detail to make them myself, and rely on the insanely talented community to make my PRIDE FC/Attitude Era collab come true.

I may have to hand the answer to this off to someone else as I’m such a Fire Pro mark that I bought everything without actually looking in to what it all does. It’s possible you may need the parts and entrance DLC to use customs on the workshop made using it, but I don’t want to guess and end up with you buying something you don’t need.

Crossover makes things pretty easy. You just hit the install app button in the bottom left, select Steam from the built-in templates, and everything after that should be fairly straight forward if you’re familiar with installing Steam on Windows.

If you need to add any files manually, there’s a button to browse the “C:” drive in the bottle that you created after it’s done.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I believe with FPW the packs you need to download stuff depend on what said creators used when making their edits. Like, if they used a move or a part that only came with the STARDOM pack, for example, you'd need that to download that CAW. The Entrance and Parts Craft packs should only probably matter if downloading stuff that people made with those in the first place?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah all I had on steam was the core game and the Takayama pack and I could download a bunch of guys. I assume the workshop works like the Stellaris or Civ or whatever workshop where there's a purple box that says hey this requires dlc you dont have on the item page

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
What kind of nerd would do a big Fire Pro project.

You'd have to be some kind of super nerd to do that.

read my thread i'm so lonely in there it's mostly me and cav

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Sweet, thanks for the help everyone. You've made an old, technically inept wrasslin' mark real happy with this stuff.

edit: CrossOver is an amazing app and that alone is a game changer

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Fly Ricky posted:

Sweet, thanks for the help everyone. You've made an old, technically inept wrasslin' mark real happy with this stuff.

edit: CrossOver is an amazing app and that alone is a game changer

I'm happy to have helped, hopefully everything has been working smoothly for you!

As a heads-up, the WWE PC games seem to have issues with rendering characters under CrossOver (the earlier games) if they even boot at all (the newer games). It could be something that might be eventually fixed, but for now you're kind of limited to Fire Pro and Wrestling Empire for your wrestling fix on a Mac via wine. Not a bad pairing, truthfully.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

TealShark posted:

Fire Pro and Wrestling Empire for your wrestling fix on a Mac via wine. Not a bad pairing, truthfully.

The perfect pairing!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

C. Everett Koop posted:

2: New Legacy could open up Excel and find a way to break that within 15-30 minutes, probably by Jawnny doing simple subtractions.

Yeah... while I don't put hundreds of hours into these games, I feel like I never see any of the glitches they post videos of in my own experience.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
My fire pro spreadsheet can cause some older computers immense pain. It has like six or so sheets. I'm not kidding. I track stats not even I care about for the simple reason that it's possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I'm definitely not normal.