Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

johnny park posted:

Yeah the railgun just feels like a primary and it's boring. All the support weapons should be unwieldy but devastating. I want a railgun like the one Rusty fires in the worm mission in AC6

"I won't miss"

*rifle explodes, gibbing entire team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

johnny park posted:

Yeah the railgun just feels like a primary and it's boring. All the support weapons should be unwieldy but devastating. I want a railgun like the one Rusty fires in the worm mission in AC6
To be fair that's basically what the orbital rail cannon does already :v:

But yeah a heavy version that needs a backpack would be cool.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

johnny park posted:

an even longer charge time and it still takes 3 shots to break armor?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Heavy flamethrower that shoots napalm please :evilbuddy:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think it’s hilarious that they said the chargers have an obvious weak spot and then they said it’s their head lol and not the glowing rear end you can only see from a distance or if you matador them

Nope just put an EAT in their face lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

jokes posted:

I think it’s hilarious that they said the chargers have an obvious weak spot and then they said it’s their head lol and not the glowing rear end you can only see from a distance or if you matador them

Nope just put an EAT in their face lol

Yeah I also was like "wait what" when reading that line. I'm pretty sure none of my friends even know the butt is the opposite of a weak spot even though I've told them numerous times.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

oh boy, all of the enemies on the box art are apparently in the game now

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

oh boy, all of the enemies on the box art are apparently in the game now

Not so, the flying bugs aren’t there yet.

Molrok
May 30, 2011

Everybody on the Destroyer is so positive about this, the way this will backfire is going to be glorious.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Can't wait for activating the pesticide to start a mad dash countdown to extraction before we bioweapon ourselves.

While extraction is at the otherside of the map, or the pesticide crawls its way across the map.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Until the mechs aren't free anymore bugs are really a pushover

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Next week: "Ahh gently caress the pesticide actually made them grow wings, flying bugs added to the game"

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Can't wait until the boffins in the Super Earth science wing activate the Terminid Control System and stop the bug threat once and for all with no unexpected results

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

cool, can't wait to see how the bug missions feel now. My guess is I'll just get swarmed by hunters and die. will probably bring back the old stalwart for a spin.

If this is what they're going for with the charger, they should probably just remove the glowing butt from their model. Not really a fan of unintuitive knowledge checks or noob traps.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

flashman posted:

Yeah this was a huge gamechanger. Idk if I'll bring em anymore since Id have to drop orbital rail or airstrike. If any, prob rail.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Dandywalken posted:

Yeah this was a huge gamechanger. Idk if I'll bring em anymore since Id have to drop orbital rail or airstrike. If any, prob rail.

One dude with eat and the free mechs are sufficient to take care of the heavies (particularly since the arc cannon and flamethrower can do work against the chargers as well) so you have loads of room for airbursts / cluster in your load out. It's quite hard to mess up bad enough to get overwhelmed by weak enemies.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

haldolium posted:

one of the 7 I played after the patch had tons of hunters

https://i.imgur.com/gjOu5oS.mp4

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

hell yeah lets get some mass death going

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I brought a mech to a couple bug missions where everyone else had some sort of anti armor stratagem already loaded. They had orbital railguns and a laser, I think one person had an EAT, another a 500k bomb and eagle cluster bombs. I brought a shield pack, railgun (which did still work against chargers and titans but it definitely felt a little more hectic having to charge almost all the way, get another shot or two in, and keep those shots lined up), the mech, and I think eagle airstrike. The mech went a long way towards saving our asses during extraction in one mission and towards taking out bile titans in the middle of an extermination. Think I still died to friendly fire both times, once to cluster bombs and once to a mortar.

hey mom its 420 posted:

cool, can't wait to see how the bug missions feel now. My guess is I'll just get swarmed by hunters and die. will probably bring back the old stalwart for a spin.

If this is what they're going for with the charger, they should probably just remove the glowing butt from their model. Not really a fan of unintuitive knowledge checks or noob traps.

Honestly maybe just make the butt slightly more weak to explosive damage so the grenade launcher can shine a little more and the explosive primaries feel more worth it, and keep everything else the same. Granted I haven't played post patch yet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ravendas posted:

Next week: "Ahh gently caress the pesticide actually made them grow wings, flying bugs added to the game"

Flying Bile Titans are just Destoroyah or the flying MUTO from the first G legendary film.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Turin Turambar posted:

In a way, I suspect it always was a side effect of having enemies designed with locational damage and destructible parts. The moment you destroy one of the legs (that have less hp than the main body!) the enemy is dead, because from what I've seen enemies aren't able to continue fighting if they are missing one of the legs, the same happens with other smaller enemies (like the Brood Commander or the Hive Guard), as much they have a brief, limping animation and then they fall to the ground, it isn't like say, some zombie shooters where zombies continue advancing more slowly if they are missing some limbs.
This poster has clearly never sawed off a Brood Commander's legs with something like the Stalwart and watched as it continued to attempt to worm-shuffle forwards (while summoning new warriors still)

Owl Inspector posted:

lol I was gonna say, great change but how was the heavily armored head ever considered obvious compared to the fleshy butt that gives you red hitmarkers from anything (except secretly both were traps)
I mean, maybe I'm the weird one here, but for any weapon that's dedicated to piercing armour, I don't see how "shoot it in the head" is not intuitive; the concept of headshots doing more damage isn't exactly a foreign concept after all.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

hell yeah lets get some mass death going

HELL yeah

I wanna have more reasons to use a stalwart/flamethrower

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

I'm here for huntertide

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Back Hack posted:

you sure about that

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

flashman posted:

I've got good news

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

LazyMaybe posted:

I've got good news

Lol I just learned the hard way.

I'm looking forward to some spear loving on the tracking front. Its so good when it works but I just have reached my limit on pulsing triangles

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

...THEY FLY NOW...

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Oh lordy, I HATE hunters, and now there's more of them? I'd rather have the chargers.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Lumpy posted:

Oh lordy, I HATE hunters, and now there's more of them? I'd rather have the chargers.

you can bring stuff to kill the hunters more safely now. its time for the MGs to return to primacy

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Bye bye, free mech! :(

The free period worked, I got attached to it. I've been keeping myself at over 20k req. Only level 23 though. Just a little more...

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Back Hack posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1bcxc7j/they_fly_now/

trizzNPH
Feb 17, 2022

heavenly piercing toke'n smoke'n

hey mom its 420 posted:

it really confuses me how people want the glowing tail removed/think its a trap. It's a giant, soft non-vital spot for small arms fire to damage less efficiently than actual tools meant for the job. they should remove that and make chargers entirely impervious to anything non explosive? how would that help anyone?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

trizzNPH posted:

it really confuses me how people want the glowing tail removed/think its a trap. It's a giant, soft non-vital spot for small arms fire to damage less efficiently than actual tools meant for the job. they should remove that and make chargers entirely impervious to anything non explosive? how would that help anyone?

The butt takes 10% damage from non-explosive weapons, it is absolutely a trap for new players who think they're doing something useful by shooting it with their liberator

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

trizzNPH posted:

There's a difference between less efficient, and the current total waste of time.

It's a complete trap option to shoot them, you and your team are better served clearing small stuff than shooting it for a minute for it to bleed out another minute later.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 12, 2024

trizzNPH
Feb 17, 2022

Piell posted:

The butt takes 10% damage from non-explosive weapons it is absolutely a trap for new players who think they're doing something useful

The butt pops within a mag and a half from the current post-nerf stock breaker, the hulk's heatsink pops in a magazine. the butt is very squishy and pops fast with explosives, yes, but acting like it's not a totally valid small arms target is silly and is spreading bad info to new players. There's no trap about it, it's what you shoot if for some reason you do not have EATs/RR on your team.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

THIS MECH AIN’T FREE

trizzNPH
Feb 17, 2022

Infidelicious posted:

There's a difference between less efficient, and the current total waste of time.

It's a complete trap option to shoot them, you and your team are better served clearing small stuff than shooting it for a minute for it to bleed out another minute later.

if you're shooting a chargers tail for a minute before popping it i feel very confused what kind of loadout you could possibly be running. at some point you gotta learn your matchups and loadouts if you're trying to play higher levels...

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Happy with the charger nerf (in theory) if only because the AC was becoming an auto-bring on bug 4 - 5 but was feeling underpowered against chargers (or I'm just bad). I know AC can be used for most anything but I'm most happy taking using it to one shot strider knees and hive guard.

In any case I look forward to taking EATs and freeing up that backpack slot for a while.

To add my data point to the bug/bot debate, I love both but I was playing 2:1 bugs:bots until difficulty 4-6 and now it's a much more even split. I'm eternally pleased with how different the experience feels going from one to the other.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Trying the new tower mission was a mistake on Suicide - I have no loving clue what is happening. Turning on a battery tower seems to make the bugs go crazy and attack it, resetting its progress, and after 20 minutes I dipped because we weren't getting anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
So what exactly are we supposed to do with the chargers now?

Just shoot it in the face with anything explosive? Or are most explosive weapons still useless against it?