Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Mr. Nice! posted:

I guess Dallas is just gonna do everything in the draft.

Jerry’s going ALL IN BABY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
He's a great guy but he might be cooked after that Achilles injury. Didn't have much of an impact last year. Hopefully he bounces back.

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1767573179508081083?t=_PP0vPB_i5nRYU3_HrV0rQ&s=19

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I feel like Stephon Gilmore has to go to the Steelers. They love veteran DBs there.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Mooney to Falcons.

This the first big WR move? I thought everyone was waiting for the Calvin Ridley decision.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Looks like a decent deal for Mooney.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1767577059923050708?t=1dav0QFqlhXvY241xyFK6Q&s=19

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Blind Pineapple posted:

I feel like Stephon Gilmore has to go to the Steelers. They love veteran DBs there.

Sorry he's coming to Detroit to mentor his brother. :)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Geez, that seems like a lot of money for a Bears WR not named Moore

E: Seriously? This gets $13m per year?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The question mark will be his return from the ACL injury.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Jimmy saw what Flacco pulled off and went, "Yeah, I want the opposite of that."

It's more like, when Watson has a sluggish start for the first 6-7 games, everyone claims "rust" again, and the fans are about to riot for him to be benched in favor of Flacco mania. Jimmy doesn't want that dilemma.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Soul Glo posted:

Mooney to Falcons.

This the first big WR move? I thought everyone was waiting for the Calvin Ridley decision.
Gabe Davis signed yesterday. "Big" is obviously relative when were talking Mooney and Gabe.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Kalli posted:

Ok now double all the numbers since the Bears automatically have a 0.5 multiplier.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Kalli posted:

Mooney is fine but you gotta remember Justin Fields sucks

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

It's more like, when Watson has a sluggish start for the first 6-7 games, everyone claims "rust" again, and the fans are about to riot for him to be benched in favor of Flacco mania. Jimmy doesn't want that dilemma.

Yeah that is the downside to Flacco it would be a QB contreversy because Watson has yet to cement himself as starter with a huge portion of the fanbase.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Mooney was poorly utilized in the Bears bad offense, but there were times he looked like he was loafing it and dropping balls.
That is too much money for him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I didn't expect this amount of RB musical chairs lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
A Bengals/Texans trade you say? Oh hell yeah Tee H- gently caress

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I can't tell if the likes of Mooney and Gabe Davis getting $13m a year is a sign that Ridley is going to get $20m+ from someone or that no one wants to pay him like a WR1. His market seems weird.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Intruder posted:

next up is bringing darren sharper out of retirement

Holy poo poo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

I can't tell if the likes of Mooney and Gabe Davis getting $13m a year is a sign that Ridley is going to get $20m+ from someone or that no one wants to pay him like a WR1. His market seems weird.

I just don't see much upside with either Davis or Mooney.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Big Ben as QB coach, so Deshaun & Jameis can improve their techniques.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This was pretty obvious looking at the availabilities, but Schefter doesn't think Fields is getting a starting gig.
https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/1767568855294005501?s=20

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Sad King Billy posted:

Big Ben as QB coach, so Deshaun & Jameis can improve their techniques.

Cleveland legend Trevor Bauer making a comeback, but not to baseball.

Intruder posted:

A Bengals/Texans trade you say? Oh hell yeah Tee H- gently caress

I feel like Mixon is a pretty good add for the Texans, though?

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767590727620370907

lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Like, seriously, has Dallas done anything in free agency?

I mean, besides letting some people walk.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767591767455510996?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's funny how we're told it's fine that Joe Douglas doesn't sign any good players in free agency because that is what the Ravens do while the Ravens sign good players in free agency pretty much every year lol

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

It's funny how we're told it's fine that Joe Douglas doesn't sign any good players in free agency because that is what the Ravens do while the Ravens sign good players in free agency pretty much every year lol

And in fact, they've outbid the Jets twice! Most notably for Marcus Williams.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Feels weird that both the Eagles and Ravens, two teams lauded for analytics decision making a lot of the time, spent big on old running backs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I do not like this. Henry is years overdue for the wheels falling off and I don't even know if he fits the Ravens offense. Should be a decent pass blocker at least.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Feels weird that both the Eagles and Ravens, two teams lauded for analytics decision making a lot of the time, spent big on old running backs.

Because they both have running QBs they'd rather not have to run.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

gently caress this

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

To be fair it sounds like a one year deal with easy cast off if it doesn’t work out. Which seems to be what RB contracts are becoming now

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

SMH

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blind Pineapple posted:

Cleveland legend Trevor Bauer making a comeback, but not to baseball.

I feel like Mixon is a pretty good add for the Texans, though?

I like RBs who haven't broken a woman's face with a punch

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

This was pretty obvious looking at the availabilities, but Schefter doesn't think Fields is getting a starting gig.
https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/1767568855294005501?s=20

I know one team where he'd be a starter!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I do not like this. Henry is years overdue for the wheels falling off and I don't even know if he fits the Ravens offense. Should be a decent pass blocker at least.

/checks which ravens poster this is

This loving rules. Henry running against dime defenses, or running the option with Lamar is loving awesome.

go the ravens bitch

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wc-M0jcToU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

it'll be fine. i dont think this stops them from drafting an RB in like the 3rd or 4th or later. i'll be the rear end in a top hat that says it feels like an overpay but realistically 9 mil guaranteed over two seasons is not bad when the cap keeps going up

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair it sounds like a one year deal with easy cast off if it doesn’t work out. Which seems to be what RB contracts are becoming now

yeah that's my take on it

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

FizFashizzle posted:

I know one team where he'd be a starter!

/checks which ravens poster this is

This loving rules. Henry running against dime defenses, or running the option with Lamar is loving awesome.

go the ravens bitch

Go Ravens indeed. I just don't know that Henry has the acceleration to make edge rushers pay for targeting Lamar on those options runs. He should be great for the teams RedZone production. Can pound the rock in short yardage and is going to demand attention in a way that will be a big for misdirection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I imagine this is a play to get a better offer because the Jags are like out of cap space after signing Gabe Davis. Sure they could make the space, but that seems like... probably not the move you want to be making.