Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Besides Kinlaw I don't think I've heard of any of these guys the Jets have signed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Jets just have no interest in adding good players.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Dolphins signed Shaq barrett 1 year $9m. Seems sensible I guess

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
What an absolutely deranged free agency from Joe Douglas, lmao

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Professor Funk posted:

He signed Aaron Rodgers last year! What more do you want from him?!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
He traded for Aaron Rodgers!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

We added a backup QB who ideally never sees the field and a league average guard while letting our best homegrown pass rusher since John Abraham walk out the door what more do you want?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

We added a backup QB who ideally never sees the field and a league average guard while letting our best homegrown pass rusher since John Abraham walk out the door what more do you want?

Simpson isn't league average. He's actively bad. He spent 2022 on a practice squad. He was one of the worst guards in the league in 20 and 21. He had one ok year (graded like poo poo) in the perfect situation.

Nov 6, 2002

edit: hosed up

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 12, 2024

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Simpson isn't league average. He's actively bad. He spent 2022 on a practice squad. He was one of the worst guards in the league in 20 and 21. He had one ok year (graded like poo poo) in the perfect situation.
He's getting $6m instead of $20m. An ok starting year on the Ravens is worth at least that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

He's getting $6m instead of $20m. An ok starting year on the Ravens is worth at least that.

OK but you are still starting a mediocre LG at best now. What is the ceiling to how good the Jets' OL can be? Who gives a poo poo about having a warm body..... are we trying to win anything this year or just fill out a roster? To me, this is a lateral move from Tomlinson and they had an embarrassingly awful OL last year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

OK but you are still starting a mediocre LG at best now. What is the ceiling to how good the Jets' OL can be? Who gives a poo poo about having a warm body..... are we trying to win anything this year or just fill out a roster? To me, this is a lateral move from Tomlinson and they had an embarrassingly awful OL last year.
I've already said, the best case scenario is he's the worst guy on the line, and he's probably a lateral or slight upgrade to Laken at a cheaper price. They still need a good LT and to burn their 1st on another.

Nov 6, 2002

Some Jets fans still have faith in Douglas.

https://twitter.com/NewEraNYJets/status/1767549849979740614?t=2n-2ij_3XtBswPQ5pNFhfA&s=19

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

The algorithm puts this guy in my feed all the time and he's a loving psycho

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Jets probably would have been in the mix with Pittsburgh to get the last wild card spot (then obviously and immediately lose) year with Tyrod so uh there’s that I guess.

The plan really does seem to be either become living gods in New York when Aaron wins MVP and drags everyone to a championship. Or Aaron bombs again and everyone is fired. So either way who cares about 2025.

Maybe Douglas doesn’t literally think of it in those terms but it’s sure the aura the team has projected since the second ARod went down. They think they have everything but the QB in place to take down the Chiefs

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I like the fact that re-signing Ashtyn Davis is at the same level of importance here as signing a borderline hall of fame LT.

Docjowles posted:

Jets probably would have been in the mix with Pittsburgh to get the last wild card spot (then obviously and immediately lose) year with Tyrod so uh there’s that I guess.

The plan really does seem to be either become living gods in New York when Aaron wins MVP and drags everyone to a championship. Or Aaron bombs again and everyone is fired. So either way who cares about 2025.

Maybe Douglas doesn’t literally think of it in those terms but it’s sure the aura the team has projected since the second ARod went down

My brother in Christ. There is ZERO chance that Tyrod Taylor would've played more than 2 games for the Jets last year if he had started out as the Jets' backup instead of Wilson. ZERO.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 12, 2024

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

The Jets should have explored signing Kirk Cousins to be their backup QB IMO

Nov 6, 2002

Hanzus has terminal Darnold brain worms.

https://twitter.com/DanHanzus/status/1767266557246185472?t=kjKQJtHkgYTtDxZ-GmoPDw&s=19

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Lots of people do. Nate Tice loves him too. I'll root for him to succeed, but there's no evidence that he's anything more than a mid-tier backup.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

The Jets should have explored signing Kirk Cousins to be their backup QB IMO

I feel like you aren’t acknowledging that Taylor is slightly more fragile than Samual L Jackson’s character in Unbreakable.

Nov 6, 2002

Tyrod would rather eat a monster sack than turn the ball over.

Which is a major improvement from Wilson who will do both.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

I feel like you aren’t acknowledging that Taylor is slightly more fragile than Samual L Jackson’s character in Unbreakable.

I am sure you would have been perfectly happy if they'd signed Ryan Tannehill or Drew Lock instead. All of these backups, even the solid ones, have critical flaws. That's why no one wants them starting.

Anyways, apparently the Jets have scouts at Bo Nix's workout LOL

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 12, 2024

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
As an Oregon Ducks person who really likes Bo Nix - lmao, lol, etc.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There is just no way the Jets are taking a QB at 10. I'll eat my shorts if they do.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

There is just no way the Jets are taking a QB at 10. I'll eat my shorts if they do.

This is tempting fate if I've ever seen it, please delete immediately

Nov 6, 2002

Aaron Rodgers would like immediately retire lol.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Aaron Rodgers would like immediately retire lol.

If he retires they still have all the dead money in 25, 26 and 27 right? lol lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/benshpigel/status/1767651030819332471

God drat I need this to happen

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

gently caress it. Aaron Rodgers retires to run for VP with RFK Jr. Tyrod Taylor starts week 1, replaced by #10 overall pick Bo Nix by week 6. Jets posters do a Goon meet in a field in upstate New York and commit ritual suicide in order to cast a blood curse on Woody Johnson.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Id get tickets for that

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Yay!

Also the Bills signed a JAG linebacker from the Eagles

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

gently caress it. Aaron Rodgers retires to run for VP with RFK Jr. Tyrod Taylor starts week 1, replaced by #10 overall pick Bo Nix by week 6. Jets posters do a Goon meet in a field in upstate New York and commit ritual suicide in order to cast a blood curse on Woody Johnson.

You think that might work?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Does running for Vice President count as "bullshit that has nothing to do with winning?"

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

pasaluki posted:

Also the Bills signed a JAG linebacker from the Eagles
Considering they ended last season with a geriatric RV tourist at LB, more depth is welcome. Milano and Bernard are both coming back off injury, Dodson may or may not return. Insurance signing by Beane.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miamis apparently in talks to sign some DT and Kendall Fuller?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
When you talk Miami, you’re talking Super Bowl.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Apparently it’s DJ reader which makes very little sense so I’m not sure I’m buying it Omar

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

Apparently it’s DJ reader which makes very little sense so I’m not sure I’m buying it Omar

What? He's a good DT and they need one?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Oh, they need 2, Davis has signed with Indy.

They've let go a lot of people who've made consistent noises about wanting to be back :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

What? He's a good DT and they need one?

Not sure you’ve noticed this thing called the cap but you should check it out!

Reader had tons of interest - he’ll be $