Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Has there been any reports that Tony yells in the announcers ears?

I'm gonna bet no because it's always projection with these dorks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

There are like five assumptions built on total conjecture here

I would suspect that this is one of you trying to rile us up for ha-has but I feel like an SA goon would get more views on their channel

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
freaked out that there is an arlo for wrestling and he's worse than the real arlo

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

freaked out that there is an arlo for wrestling and he's worse than the real arlo

was thinking the same thing. it's actually nuts

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
man who uses a puppet for his youtube show criticizing a man wearing a mask at a wrestling show ftw

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This will not shock anyone but Marvin the Movie Monster has some big problems with modern media.

marvin’s dead movie review channel posted:

Modern Hollywood really pisses me off. Woke Hollywood writers are creating political propoganda and disguising it as entertainment. I dunno about you, but I'm not entertained by woke Hollywood. If you're as fed up as me then subscribe and let's rage out together. Check back for movie reviews, TV reviews, pro wrestling reviews, Hollywood news, commentary, and more!

We're talking about Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Lord of The Rings, TMNT, WWE, AEW, and much more!

We gotta find out where this puppet was on January 6th.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

A Fancy Hat posted:

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Shard posted:

When Excalibur is doing those reads running down upcoming shows he is actually doing simultaneous translation from Tony k speaking in his natural tongue of coke fiend

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

rotinaj posted:

I feel like an SA goon would get more views on their channel

X-JAKK would disagree.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cant even get 100 subs :sad:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Taz is definitely having a terrible time on commentary and you can tell by how happy he sounds all the time

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

A Fancy Hat posted:

This will not shock anyone but Marvin the Movie Monster has some big problems with modern media.

lookin 4 buds 2 rage out wit me bout marvel and star wars. no limit chat plz

Luigi Thirty posted:

I ended up on a flight out of Tampa with someone who I was sure was a wrestler from first glance but I couldn’t place him. Not just his fanny pack, but his face looked familiar. I spotted his WWE Hall of Fame ring as we were boarding and looked up hall of famers, eventually landing on the one whose tattoos matched: I was on a flight to Atlanta one row behind Brutus loving Beefcake.

He looked ancient and could barely move around the plane. I was going to offer assistance with his bags (weird rear end in a top hat or not I still felt bad for him) but the gate staff took care of it.

Say what you will about Bruti but he still passes the airport test!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I personally do not want to know the dollar store muppet’s opinions on the ninja turtles

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it's Taz!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

If you ever think the incel puppet posts stuff he knows is dumb to try to get engagement, nope, he's just dumb and deletes things when people make fun of him.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

If you ever think the incel puppet posts stuff he knows is dumb to try to get engagement, nope, he's just dumb and deletes things when people make fun of him.

Hahahaha loving Christ he can’t even get this right

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
AEW created an entire community of miniture cornies making content about how bad AEW is they've made it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/MetlKen31/status/1767690102615285867

Well if a professional wrestler says it it must be true.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the thing i remember about TNA during the Jarret years is that he would never drop the belt and everyone was sick of it and not watching

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

Taz is definitely having a terrible time on commentary and you can tell by how happy he sounds all the time

nothing weighs heavier on a mans heart than doing what he loves with his son by his side. getting old is hell.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

AEW created an entire community of miniture cornies making content about how bad AEW is they've made it

billionaires are job creators. we need to lower capital gains taxes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

I don't think Jeff has ever said this.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the other thing is no one is watching cable tv anymore and cable ratings are no longer a metric anyone but wrestling fans care about and they only care about it now that AEW exists

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Global Force Gold

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Maybe I should just become an anti AEW grifter so I can quit my day job

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Ganso Bomb posted:

You need a unique gimmick. Puppet’s already taken, fast national leaker is taken, and bitter guy who didn’t get hired by AEW has been taken multiple times.

Maybe do an animated thing? Or do it all in shadows with a voice modulator, claim you’re in witness protection hiding from the Elite.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A Fancy Hat posted:

You need a unique gimmick. Puppet’s already taken, fast national leaker is taken, and bitter guy who didn’t get hired by AEW has been taken multiple times.

Maybe do an animated thing? Or do it all in shadows with a voice modulator, claim you’re in witness protection hiding from the Elite.

Maybe I can write my fake bad thoughts into an AI generator and have it give me a script, but I’ll present it as just flatly asking AI for its opinion and proclaim that even AI is smart enough to hate AEW. I’ll call it AIEW.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the other thing is no one is watching cable tv anymore and cable ratings are no longer a metric anyone but wrestling fans care about and they only care about it now that AEW exists

It feels like the promotion owners are less interested in ratings than these people.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

At least Arlo likes Pikmin, one more good thing than I've seen this guy like

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

Odds are drat near 100 that these two dudes did not watch TNA during that period

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think Jeff has ever said this.

I kind of remember Jeff talking about it on his podcast a few years ago and I think it was that TNA made 8 million in profit, not that he took home 8 mil

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I'm not sure what evidence there is that any of these people have been able to "quit their day jobs", based on the engagement numbers most of these people have I'm not even sure it qualifies as a side hustle income-wise. I'm guessing for most of these people it's just a very devout hobby they're in for the love of the game.

For reference, here is a sample of subscriber counts for some wrestling-media Patreons:
6,029 - Deadlock
4,024 - OSW Review
3,849 - Major Wrestling Figure Podcast
2,556 - VOW Flagship
2,124 - Wrestle Me! Podcast
1,929 - POST Wrestling
1,198 - WrestleTalk
1,010 - Jim Cornette's College of Wrestling Knowledge
958 - Vince Russo's THE BRAND

The only people to get decent numbers on bashing AEW on Patreon are two people who arguably turned hating AEW into potentially lucrative side hustles after they hosed up their day jobs in wrestling too badly to continue.

Alfred 100% has a shoot job based on his LinkedIn, and comedy is his main side hustle, in that there's evidence he's been paid to perform stand-up comedy a few times, which is more than can be said for his wrestling opinions.

Duke Pukem posted:

I kind of remember Jeff talking about it on his podcast a few years ago and I think it was that TNA made 8 million in profit, not that he took home 8 mil
And whether that $7M went to the company in general or specifically to Jarrett, that was still the era where wrestlers appearing regularly on Impact were getting paid so well they themselves had lucrative side hustles in working at Sunglass Hut and/or literally being on food stamps, so that's a terrific business model to aspire to!

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 13, 2024

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

vTuber

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

A Fancy Hat posted:

Nastyism has already taken the animated thing too and The Snob is using a voice modulator.

Duke Pukem posted:

TNA as a company was in the black for one year or part of a year and that was 2008, and overall had lost something like 95 million by the time Heyman got to look at the books in 2009.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

not having a job is a requirement but you're confusing cause and effect

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Shard posted:

he citation for that claim is a clip from All Access, the clearly staged reality show lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Listen guys the point is I’d be GOOD at it and engagement would be off the charts. Help me complain about wrestling as a caricature and I’ll buy you all jackets.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

A Fancy Hat posted:

Irrelevant film critic with an OnlyFans to promote is back open I hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

just do a twitter that roleplays as Cody and/or Punk's dogs and talks endless poo poo about Tony Khan via the worst dog puns