Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I forgot Raekwon even played for us tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Yeah sure. Rogan for surgeon general. Portnoy for secretary of labor. Sidney Sweeney for Defense.

Full clown show.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/jumosq/status/1767674615416095149?s=46

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767680531938881650
Disgusting (jets should've done this but they aren't interested in acquiring good players)

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
DJ Reader played for Anthony Weaver in Houston, he's also extremely on-brand for IDL in this defense. The last couple of years in Baltimore they love sitting a big, power-oriented NT type at 2i in the Nickel on the weakside and just have him kill some bread and butter run concepts that way. Reader might be a priority signing because he's got juice as a pass rusher beyond most guys like that.

He'll probably be expensive but I don't know backload the contract who gives a poo poo.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Poyer is cooked and often hurt.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767680531938881650
Disgusting (jets should've done this but they aren't interested in acquiring good players)

Makes sense, you're probably going to be a two-deep safety big nickel style team, and Poyer is still a decent split safety. You probably need another one if Holland is going to be your "star", though.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Is Fuller still good? I know Poyer is on the back end but that would be a pretty decent secondary.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
But seriously, the only thing the Jets have going for them as a destination for players is playing with A A ron and now there is a question about if he's actually going to play all over twitter. I guess that assumes they are actually trying to recruit players though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hamhandler posted:

DJ Reader played for Anthony Weaver in Houston, he's also extremely on-brand for IDL in this defense. The last couple of years in Baltimore they love sitting a big, power-oriented NT type at 2i in the Nickel on the weakside and just have him kill some bread and butter run concepts that way. Reader might be a priority signing because he's got juice as a pass rusher beyond most guys like that.

He'll probably be expensive but I don't know backload the contract who gives a poo poo.

I forgot about the Anthony Weaver connection.

Guess we’re about to find out

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

mcmagic posted:

Does running for Vice President count as "bullshit that has nothing to do with winning?"

yes, in two ways

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Enjoy the weather Jordan <3

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Who are the Dolphins going to sign that is willing to squeeze Josh Allen’s balls in the scrum?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

But seriously, the only thing the Jets have going for them as a destination for players is playing with A A ron and now there is a question about if he's actually going to play all over twitter. I guess that assumes they are actually trying to recruit players though.

It would be pretty stunning if he actually didn't play. He just said like a week ago that he wants to play a few more years, presumably while (or after) this VP outreach was happening. But it's still a huge distraction. The guy is a clown and full of poo poo.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yeah sure. Rogan for surgeon general. Portnoy for secretary of labor. Sidney Sweeney for Defense.

Full clown show.

Will our enemies be too distracted by her boobs to focus on espionage/surveillance against us or did she recently do/say some really stupid poo poo?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

How demanding are the responsibilities associated with running as a third party candidate VP really anyway? Was Cheri Honkala's calendar really that packed?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

Will our enemies be too distracted by her boobs to focus on espionage/surveillance against us or did she recently do/say some really stupid poo poo?

You just know she’d be abreast of any situations that crop up.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

of all the cabinet members that could feasibly carry on a professional football career at the same time as their official duties, i gotta say veep is high on the list

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

https://x.com/Marcel_LJ/status/1767697076614320399?s=20

I mean gently caress it, that's pretty good at that price especially if he'll be a part-time third safety.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

there is at least a chance she isn't a rabid zionist. i'm down.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Rodgers as VP would make Mcafee watchable again at least. Imagine the poo poo he’d leak just for attention

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Rodgers as VP would make Mcafee watchable again at least. Imagine the poo poo he’d leak just for attention

The least plausible thing about anything you've written here is that Mcafee could be watchable.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Pablo Bluth posted:

Considering they ended last season with a geriatric RV tourist at LB, more depth is welcome. Milano and Bernard are both coming back off injury, Dodson may or may not return. Insurance signing by Beane.

Oh yeah, it's a solid move. I can't hate how Beanes been handling the offseason so far.

He probably moves like the speed of light compared to AJ Klein.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pasaluki posted:

Oh yeah, it's a solid move. I can't hate how Beanes been handling the offseason so far.

He probably moves like the speed of light compared to AJ Klein.
Seriously, watching AJ Klein "play" "linebacker" last season was painful.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Declan MacManus posted:

of all the cabinet members that could feasibly carry on a professional football career at the same time as their official duties, i gotta say veep is high on the list

OR Rodgers realized he doesn't have it anymore and this is his way of bowing out without actually admitting he couldn't hang with Brady.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Flikken posted:

OR Rodgers realized he doesn't have it anymore and this is his way of bowing out without actually admitting he couldn't hang with Brady.

Rodgers and Wilson both thought they could copy what Brady did going to the Bucs for another ring, and both instantly ate poo poo lol

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I guess I’m voting third party just cuz “lol Jets”.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/BackPageGuyNYDN/status/1767718440243204306

Is this bullshit that doesn't have anything to do with winning? It kinda looks like it but you can never be sure........

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1767717808585007566

Joe Douglas Overpaying good players: Drake no meme

Joe Douglas Overpaying bad players: Drake yes meme

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/BackPageGuyNYDN/status/1767718440243204306

Is this bullshit that doesn't have anything to do with winning? It kinda looks like it but you can never be sure........

i don't think it's even remotely possible (or necessary like people were discussing earlier), but rodgers retiring for a "political career" in year 2 would definitely eclipse the past year of jets/rodgers content

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Make Aaron Great Again.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

AFCE 2024: bullshit that doesn't have anything to do with winning

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Getting rid of Parker is addition by subtraction but it'd be nice to get an actual receiver in too...

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Arik Armstead to Miami makes some sense too

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1767721425421373871

lmao there is absolutely no way someone turned down 2yrs for $11m guaranteed/$15m total for a 1yr $3m deal with escalators

uche is 25, even if he wants a prove it contract the 2yr offer easily suffices

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah that’s some serious nonsense but i bet folks will eat it up

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

He got offered a $20 million two-year contract from this team up in Canada you’ve probably never heard of them

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's very funny that the Jets or A A Ron hasn't said that he wasn't running for VP this many hours after the report. I would kinda feel bad for Douglas and Saleh having to operate with that in the background if they didn't get paid so much to suck as their jobs as much as they do.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

stuker posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1767721425421373871

lmao there is absolutely no way someone turned down 2yrs for $11m guaranteed/$15m total for a 1yr $3m deal with escalators

uche is 25, even if he wants a prove it contract the 2yr offer easily suffices

Pure agent fluff, no way someone offered that and he said no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1767888952826962374

Something is going on behind the scenes with the jets because they quite obviously aren't trying to win or improve the team.