Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I GOT A BUNCH OF RANDOM SQUIGGLY LINES ON MY UPPER ARM CAUSE ITS MY TRIBAL SYMBOL.

AM I A TRY HARD? IM WHITE IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I don’t think of tattoos as trying to make anyone look particularly tough anymore. It’s a purely aesthetic choice without a lick of transgression left and I think that’s ok too.

I've already seen this thinking come back to bite a dude who got a confederate flag, skulls, roses, etc... a sort of popular aesthetic for awhile that didn't necessarily mean anything.

He had to explain himself to pretty much every black person we knew and I've lost touch with him but it's an even bigger deal now so I hope he got that poo poo covered up.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Internet Old One posted:

I've already seen this thinking come back to bite a lot of people. I knew a dude who got a confederate flag, skulls, roses, etc... a sort of popular aesthetic for awhile that didn't necessarily mean anything.

He had to explain himself to pretty much every black person we knew and I've lost touch with him but it's an even bigger deal now so I hope he got that poo poo covered up.

my first tattoo that i wanted was spqr, the laurels, and a roman fasces, when i was a teen/early 20s cause i was hella into the classics lol

glad to not have that on my body these days

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Internet Old One posted:

I've already seen this thinking come back to bite a lot of people. I knew a dude who got a confederate flag, skulls, roses, etc... a sort of popular aesthetic for awhile that didn't necessarily mean anything.

Sounds like that dude is dumb because the confererate flag has always represented a slave state lmao.

Saalkin fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 12, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

my first tattoo that i wanted was spqr, the laurels, and a roman fasces, when i was a teen/early 20s cause i was hella into the classics lol

A short and to the point tale of why it may not be a good idea to get a tattoo in your youth.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Oh lord brother you dodged a cannonball there. I knew some wiccans who liked to get runes and nordic stuff. I'll bet you there are at least a few people rocking black suns with zero clue.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ah, that explains your love of forums, an invention of ancient greece. and the fasces, well, you are a moderator.

the subconscious finds ways of expressing our innermost desires one way or another

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I went to a Burlington coat factory and copped a nice jacket but we also saw a dude who had brands tattooed on neck and body because I’m certain he thought that they implied a level of class. DC (the clothing brand), Mercedes Benz, etc. I don’t remember the others. Then other cringe tryhard tattoos on his neck that I truly hope were done in his youth, but who knows.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

ah, that explains your love of forums, an invention of ancient greece. and the fasces, well, you are a moderator.

the subconscious finds ways of expressing our innermost desires one way or another

lol

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Saalkin posted:

Sounds like that dude is dumb because the conferedate flag has always represented a slave state lmao.

Agreed but at the time you could go to a kid rock concert and see that poo poo right behind a black guest rapper, duke reruns were airing and growing up my 50% black grade school with a black principal in a northern state we had history textbooks that were careful to "respect both sides of the story" if you catch my drift.

So I would have never gotten that poo poo but I didn't necessarily think it was racial commentary every single time I saw it.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Sorry I forgot to explicitly say that hate symbols still retain their transgressive power to identify someone as a piece of poo poo.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Tattoos becoming more common has reinforced two things I already kind of knew but didn't have to think about too much.

First, art is completely subjective.

Second, most people's taste in art is complete trash. Whatever, you do you, if you wanna scribble all over yourself like a toddler on the hallway wall I'm not gonna tell you that you can't. Telegraphing your awful decision making ability is really just saving the rest of us time in the long run.

Internet Old One posted:

Looking awful is the point. Anyhow grills don't have to be expensive or permanent. I think they look like absolute deranged rear end but gotta respect the effort to troll normies.

Jokes you on, I was acting r*tarded on purpose! Trolled!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Not pictured: Normies just in shambles everywhere this bad rear end goes. Shambles!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i now regret associating with the gbs anti-tattoo lobby.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

actually i’m being subversive by not having video game or pop culture tattoos

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I don't have any opinions any more cuz I don't really care.

But I will form an opinion on the spot if you like.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I must flay my own skin to remove these tattoos; I deserve them not for I have not fought in war.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Rad-daddio posted:

It's weird seeing cops with full sleeve tats or neck tattoos. Used to be that stuff was an automatic no go for those jobs.

Now there's soccer moms rocking full sleeves.

I'm sorry, full sleeve tats are ugly

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

counterfeitsaint posted:

Telegraphing your awful decision making ability is really just saving the rest of us time in the long run.

When you see someone with cornrows, face tats, and a sharktooth grill this is exactly the judgement they want people to make.

-----------

I have awful tattoos and when I got them I had just gone to some of the worst places on the planet and was going to have to go to more awful places soon.

I considered that future me might regret getting these deliberately awful tattoos. I thought about future me and said "If that guy is happy then gently caress HIM! He owes me!"

and I got those awful tattoos and me and my pals laughed about it all night. For a few hours I was happy and it was one of the best nights of my life. I sort of regret it but I survived and sort of appreciate old me's sense of humor and if it wasn't for these tattoos, at present I would not fully comprehend just how little fucks I gave in that time and place.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jesus, dude, you were just being transferred between one Chuck E. Cheese and another that was fifteen minutes away, it couldn’t have been that bad

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

rotinaj posted:

Jesus, dude, you were just being transferred between one Chuck E. Cheese and another that was fifteen minutes away, it couldn’t have been that bad

You haven't seen what happened in that bathroom. We put up an out of order sign and told people it was a plumbing issue.

Then under cover of night we bricked over the door like it was never there and changed the sign on the men's room to unisex. This is the first time I told my secret to anyone.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

There are only three genders

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mr.Acula posted:

There are only three genders

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

U heard me bithc

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Yes, No, Optional.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
I once thought of the perfect tattoo, and it ended up being an amalgamation of "lord, give me the...", and the tri-force. I am glad I didn't get it.

I also hope to continue to change, so present me better have something real drat important to say if they gonna tattoo it in future me's skin.

And, as always, gently caress you too past me!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Look I’ll be honest. I like the spinoff avatar slightly riffing off the hipster pug, but the other avatar you had was primo.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

OK I'll be honest. What do you look for in security?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

buglord posted:

Look I’ll be honest. I like the spinoff avatar slightly riffing off the hipster pug, but the other avatar you had was primo.

it's my og av. it'll be back. this one is staying for a bit tho

Senator Sprinkles
Aug 16, 2008

Rich people will never ever ever ever experience substantial consequences for the things they do wrong. Not like you or I will.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

sW1chyboi

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

it was a fail av. it won’t be back. this one is staying forever

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

counterfeitsaint posted:

Not pictured: Normies just in shambles everywhere this bad rear end goes. Shambles!

xan takes a deep beath and explains for the 5000th time

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Senator Sprinkles posted:

Rich people will never ever ever ever experience substantial consequences for the things they do wrong. Not like you or I will.
Oh yeah what about the one that just got drunk and drove into a lake. Extremely an everyman situation.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Mitch McConnell's bitch sister in law.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

submersibles making short work of billionaires lately

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

submersibles making short work of billionaires lately

yup. surprised it didn't come up in the everest thread

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

speculating about the bones, what became of them do ya reckon?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

"I'm dying for my music," he mumbled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Elon Musk is ironically billionaires worst news....