Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

Maybe with a late mid-to-late 2nd or something but I don't think anyone is using a first anymore. IMO, the middle of this draft isn't too bad, there are some high upside guys that will be there, and there are a few "Not much upside but will probably be useful and cost controlled" guys at the end of the first. So I don't see where Bronny fits in.

Maybe he just gets through the draft even if he isn't selected at all and then has time to try to make the NBA on his own terms. He'll play NBA level defense but a 6'4 guy who does that is not enough to make the NBA today. His jumper looks like it could turn into something and if he gets acclimated to pro-league speed he might have the handles to be an ok rotation combo guy, but all that will take turn.

Going into the draft and getting selected really late or not at all would be make a decent 2nd act for the, let's face it, inevitable movie this turns into.

It would come down to workouts. Wouldn't be the first time a highly rated high school prospect did almost nothing in the NCAA then had good workouts and ended up drafted close to where they were projected. It would be pretty easy to make the case for Bronny since he's a point guard on a poorly coached team with no one to pass to (although to be fair USC's talent has started to emerge the last few weeks) the college experience just didn't showcase him.

I do think he's probably better off staying in college one more year, USC is moving to the land of oafs which makes point guarding easier. Or he could transfer to somewhere with more talent that compliments him better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/jeskeets/status/1767512753755783645

I don't think he will beat the record but it'd be crazy to see.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
OG back and the Knicks are good again.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fast Luck posted:

Thanasis made the NBA, so did Chris Smith. Bronny should be a shoe-in

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1547724343030870016

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol

https://twitter.com/damianmathewss/status/1767735634016268377

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

worst at what? theyre pretty good at producing highlight clips like this

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I love him

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

mcmagic posted:

OG back and the Knicks are good again.

Tobias Harris scored two whole points

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
a draft thread:

https://twitter.com/OranjeGuerrero/status/1753097882524409875?s=20

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Oh no, Kawhi just left the arena - didn't return after the first quarter.

Maybe he had another appointment?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Red Rox posted:

it was Apple Time

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I think Jokic is some guy who found a genie lamp and we're currently living in the reality where he wished to be the best basketball player on earth and the genie is somehow invisibly supporting his shots and winking at the camera

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Red Rox posted:

Oh no, Kawhi just left the arena - didn't return after the first quarter.

Said to be thoracic spasms.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Back on the Doc'enfraude gravy train

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I too am having thoracic spasms watching Bones Hyland attempt to play basketball

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sometimes I worry the Wolves are about to fall apart suddenly, but then they take those fears and are like

NAW

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Imo Keon Ellis should start and Kevin Huerter should be limited in minutes, at least until he makes amends to the bog witch that cursed his 3 point shot

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

IcePhoenix posted:

Sometimes I worry the Wolves are about to fall apart suddenly, but then they take those fears and are like

NAZ REID

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I would recommend you look at the box score from tonight

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
NAW loves to light up the Clippers. I’m for it.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Covid was in essence a bioweapon because it was assembled with parts from the bioweapon toolbox as part of peter daszak, ralph baric et alls attempt to create a polycorona vaccine. It escaped, long story short, because France wanted a biotech industry to compete with Germany's and built BSL4 labs in China, including Wuhan, to a not great standard of worksmanship.

The covid vaccine mandate did expose otherwise healthy young people with natural immunity to harms because it did not provide them with any more protection than they already had. Remember there was a whole stretch of time where the mass media decided there was literally no such thing as natural immunity to viruses.

In many cases where vaccines were rolled out without enough development time, there are problems. the us military inoculated soldiers with anthrax vaccines that caused all kinds of problems.

I think the libertarian right like John Stockton were surprised to see supposedly their side, these "Small government" republicans support things like mask and vaccine mandates, general lockdowns because they thought they were on their side. Got all shaken up. But lawmakers were aware from the start about the probability of covid being in essence accidental biological warfare on the population and were trying to protect people.

I think that's the most diplomatic way that can be put

My friend who has autism got 15 vaccinations by lying about previous vaccinations at different sites and he seems fine. There was apparently some guy who got 217 via a similar train of thought that more vaccinations would be better. So you know only the unlucky really suffered clotting and similar issues while covid was a more wide ranging threat.

This is just your typical OKC fan. Nothing to see here.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I think Sacramento stumbled into a sneaky good strategy. Be able to beat good teams but lose to all the bad teams so you’re stuck at the 8th seed where everyone is better than you

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

nikosoft posted:

Imo Keon Ellis should start and Kevin Huerter should be limited in minutes, at least until he makes amends to the bog witch that cursed his 3 point shot

Seriously. The Kings really needed a blow out and it is cool that it came against a really good Bucks team, but he fact that Huerter has remained as part of the starting line up makes zero sense. Fox and Sabonis are consistently great. Martin is definitely awesome and is not as confident as he should be. Barnes has been inconsistent but good and holding up. Huerter... tries but is getting out played by Davion Mitchell at this point. Why is he still a starter? Bench him and give Keon and Davion most of his minutes.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Brown benched Huerter back in the loving preseason for sucking rear end but Chris Duarte was even worse so that didn’t last long. Keon looks actually good but Brown seems to only like him as emergency option

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Teams will continue to draft young and rookie contracts are practically a rounding error in the grand scheme of things.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

WhyteRyce posted:

Brown benched Huerter back in the loving preseason for sucking rear end but Chris Duarte was even worse so that didn’t last long. Keon looks actually good but Brown seems to only like him as emergency option

At this point Duarte is playing at an even level. With Davion's receint accuracy and Keon's good vision, Huerter has been a liability most of the season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

I think Sacramento stumbled into a sneaky good strategy. Be able to beat good teams but lose to all the bad teams so you’re stuck at the 8th seed where everyone is better than you

I like their shot but extremely worry about them losing to one of those bad teams in the play-in.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I do think Brown is worried that benching Huerter will put him in his feelings and he’ll be in a free fall/lost cause. Plus what the hell is he doing off the bench when he can’t spam hand offs with Alex Len or Lyles

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I will say it feels like Brown and Monte are in some kind of pseudo cold war where Monte refuses to give Brown help and Brown refuses to change his rotations because his pieces suck. Like, Monte says “I got you Duarte and Vezenkov stop asking me to trade second rounders for a good wing” and Brown refuses to play Ellis because he wants to highlight how bad or unavailable they’ve been

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
VOTE https://www.buss2024.com/

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
defense is allowed again basketball is good again NBA is actually back

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Platform could be way way worse but “human trafficking” as a top five issue feels like a red flag

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The West #1 seed race is getting ridiculous, it feels like all three teams have been tied since New Years :stare:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

east #1 seed race is ridiculous too. 9.5 games over the #2 seed? woah!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

fart simpson posted:

east #1 seed race is ridiculous too. 9.5 games over the #2 seed? woah!
8 Ws to secure 1st

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I feel compelled to share this box score (via Defector). It's one of those things where you notice a new thing every time you look

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I feel compelled to share this box score (via Defector). It's one of those things where you notice a new thing every time you look

Love my alma mater! Go D'antoni's brother.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Bellmaker posted:

The West #1 seed race is getting ridiculous, it feels like all three teams have been tied since New Years :stare:

Shai is focused on what matters: getting 30 points

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Panzeh posted:

Love my alma mater! Go D'antoni's brother.

that box score is from the women's team, coached by Kim Stephens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

dokmo posted:

that box score is from the women's team, coached by Kim Stephens.

Oh.