Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

mikerock posted:

Classic WAR CRIME GIGOLO post

I love the smell of shatter in the morning. Smells like victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
debugging neural networks is basically unironically swinging thuribles and praying to the machine god

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Belgorod is in the bell good region. Which tells me that Russia Russia Russia...
:discourse:

mikerock posted:

Classic WAR CRIME GIGOLO post
:hmmyes:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Sedgr posted:

A pigeon is just a small goose really.

And geese have always known war.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there are only geese.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

haddedam posted:

How do such nutjobs even get to power.in america?

Well throughout the 20th century we had this thing called "leaded gasoline" and lead, a neurotoxin, was literally everywhere.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Anyway we should talk about what the rebels are advocating for. And that is just not voting in the elections and not voting for Putin. This is partially a political statement as well as a military statement. I mean taking towns is a pretty big deal, and once again a second slap in the face against Putin. Who is supposed to be the strongest in the world. If they end up actually causing a retreat from Belgorod that would be a major statement to Russia's population in that region. Especially with an election on the horizon. Which maybe sham but not every Russian knows it's a loving sham. They think it's all real for the most part.

The coming days will determine how meaningful this attack really is, I mean the legion has popped open towns before hung out a little bit stole some equipment and left, it's a little different if they actually try to hold these loving things and turn coat some of citizenry.

Now these guys definitely don't have a big leader like prigohzin who is very well liked among the military they're rebels. Not 'parriots' as Wagner was seen. So it's doubtful that the military is going to surrender to them unless they are completely capitulated.

But once again Russia is extremely embarrassed. With the sacking of the naval command guys and now this very embarrassing retreat from the border.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Belgorod is currently being sieged by Russia freedom federation as are half dozen border towns. Rebel Control isn't fully established yet in some. In others yes. Voronezh and Oryol oil depots were hit earlier and caused big explosions and following dark clouds. Well it's impossible to confirm but this may be part of the general uprising of the Russian freedom group. The reason I surmise these attacks could be synchronized is the sky when it becomes thick with smoke is difficult for air assets to operate in. And with its close proximity to the bell garage region but we could be seeing a far more organized attempt at actually carving out a little piece of said region. More time will tell. But things are definitely picking up in the Russian border area in the bell good on the region.

In other news Russia has swung back into the close to 1000 person casualty levels that we haven't seen in a couple months with the average day being around 600. We saw a casualty rates like this around the time the battle of bakamut was occurring. Which tells me that Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia is launching many offensives and losing

Mid writing edit: Okay something strange just happened. I said Russia once and it shot it out 20 times over and over.

What the gently caress?

I'm now disturbed to continue to discuss this after that weird Google glitch. I'll edit this later

Wait you dictate your posts? That explains so much lmao.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

spankmeister posted:

Wait you dictate your posts? That explains so much lmao.

I like to imagine WCG as pictured in their avatar, squatting in the corner of a gentlemens' retiring room with a wall of books and overstuffed leather chairs, holding a smoking pipe, holding forth to a secretary dutifully typing posts into SA

anyway I'm doubtful those towns will add up to It's Happening, but it's definitely embarrassing and Putin hates it, which is funny in the same way it is when a celebrity says something mean about Trump and you know he has a mini stroke. Also, I hear we're sending more of the shorter-range ATACMS with the apocalyptic amount of cluster munitions in, so possibly lmao for any remaining A-50s.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

This is partially a political statement as well as a military statement. I mean taking towns is a pretty big deal, and once again a second slap in the face against Putin. Who is supposed to be the strongest in the world. If they end up actually causing a retreat from Belgorod that would be a major statement to Russia's population in that region. Especially with an election on the horizon. Which maybe sham but not every Russian knows it's a loving sham. They think it's all real for the most part.

Probably the most coherent and important part of the WCG posts. The presidential election is soon and this incursion is opportunistic to remind people of how much the war sucks.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The surest sign of a united country and winning a 3 day operation that's taken three years is to have armed rebels with tanks seizing cities on your border

How could America do this

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Belgorod is currently being sieged by Russia freedom federation as are half dozen border towns. Rebel Control isn't fully established yet in some. In others yes. Voronezh and Oryol oil depots were hit earlier and caused big explosions and following dark clouds. Well it's impossible to confirm but this may be part of the general uprising of the Russian freedom group. The reason I surmise these attacks could be synchronized is the sky when it becomes thick with smoke is difficult for air assets to operate in. And with its close proximity to the bell garage region but we could be seeing a far more organized attempt at actually carving out a little piece of said region. More time will tell. But things are definitely picking up in the Russian border area in the bell good on the region.

In other news Russia has swung back into the close to 1000 person casualty levels that we haven't seen in a couple months with the average day being around 600. We saw a casualty rates like this around the time the battle of bakamut was occurring. Which tells me that Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia is launching many offensives and losing

Mid writing edit: Okay something strange just happened. I said Russia once and it shot it out 20 times over and over.

What the gently caress?

I'm now disturbed to continue to discuss this after that weird Google glitch. I'll edit this later

lmao

technology strikes again

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What the gently caress?

I may be a hair away from burnout, but this absurdity is the funniest poo poo I've read in awhile.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's a technically a valid sentence like "buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo mango habanero buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo"

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

In other news Russia has swung back into the close to 1000 person casualty levels that we haven't seen in a couple months with the average day being around 600. We saw a casualty rates like this around the time the battle of bakamut was occurring. Which tells me that Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia R exussia is launching many offensives and losing

What the gently caress?

:same:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What the gently caress?

Even aside from Russia Russia Russia this is absurd to call it a rebellion. Even the Russian legion or whatever they call themselves are calling this thing a "raid".

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Ukraine War: bell garage region of Russia Russia Russia Russia

but yeah, Russian legion "invasion" is attempted distraction at best

in other news, another drone attack on the oil refinery, this time in Ryazan

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1767827769080111564

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What the gently caress?

Sorry if you've addressed this elsewhere before, but is there a particular reason why you construct your posts by ranting at a voice to text program like a lunatic rather than just typing out what you want to say?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Luck, or good info on the target?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

The Lone Badger posted:

Luck, or good info on the target?

in some of the videos it can be seen that the drone was heading for the tower

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Dwesa posted:

in some of the videos it can be seen that the drone was heading for the tower

If there was a spot you wanted to hit, that was it... right in the heart.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Yeah looks like they are hitting the distillation tower, not something easy to replace and basically the heart of any refinery, so its hosed.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

It will be interesting to know whether it's remote operated or terminally guided by a thermal seeker looking for a large, warm object.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

It will be interesting to know whether it's remote operated or terminally guided by a thermal seeker looking for a large, warm object.

i'd guess GPS guided since the tower isn't moving. No need to deal with remote radio links or fancy IR sensors, just send a dude out with a GPS and a laser rangefinder in advance to figure out the exact coordinates

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Vampire Panties posted:

i'd guess GPS guided since the tower isn't moving. No need to deal with remote radio links or fancy IR sensors, just send a dude out with a GPS and a laser rangefinder in advance to figure out the exact coordinates

Nah I suspect the final approach is manned, especially given that we see the drones banking around the tower for their final. Someone is likely controlling it.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Vampire Panties posted:

You'd think they'd have GNSS jammers protecting the very foundation of the imperial petrostate if they have enough to make every Uber get lost in Moscow.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What the gently caress?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Sekenr posted:

Even aside from Russia Russia Russia this is absurd to call it a rebellion. Even the Russian legion or whatever they call themselves are calling this thing a "raid".

Things went badly for WCG's repeated projections of imminent Ukrainian breakthroughs during the counteroffensive, he needs something new to get overexcited about.

LordArgh posted:

Sorry if you've addressed this elsewhere before, but is there a particular reason why you construct your posts by ranting at a voice to text program like a lunatic rather than just typing out what you want to say?
I think you answered your own question.

sorry WCG, couldn't resist

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://x.com/yarotrof/status/1767824155108311284?s=20

WhY woNt tHe uKrAiNE negOtiAtE?!?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Very, very long wire. Impossible to defeat. We've been over this.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

But tankies said that if we abandon Ukraine they would be forced to negotiate a peace treaty with Russia. Could the tankies maybe have been wrong about this? Boggles the mind

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

LordArgh posted:

It's far faster, I mean I can fire out a five paragraphs in less than 5 minutes at a rapid pace. I cannot allow my political voice to be dependent on the speed of my thumbs.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
at least do the polite bare minimum of looking at your vomit before you post it

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

No you're wrong, this is way better.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

I'm pretty sure that happened and WCG still decided to post it anyway, which makes it even better :sun:

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Commodore_64 posted:

No you're wrong, this is way better.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
FINE I assume WCG is a surgeon as well then.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

FINE I assume WCG is a surgeon as well then.

HIPAA VIOLATION GIGOLO

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

:wrong:

Wcg your posts are great please never stop tia

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

We should be denied this content? Are you for real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

GABA ghoul posted:

But tankies said that if we abandon Ukraine they would be forced to negotiate a peace treaty with Russia. Could the tankies maybe have been wrong about this? Boggles the mind

No you see, the ukraine has gone too far with resisting, it should have just let it happen, now they pissed russia off and they will unfortunately burn it all to the ground. Alas it didn't have to come to this. I am very smart