Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Fools Infinite posted:

*me, connecting robot poo poo hole straight to robot mouth* no you see it is called bootstrapping and actually it is really good
AI
Centipede
AI
Centipe-ede

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Very excited for chuds to start arguing that everything was fine for black people in the past, look at all these pictures we have of them in fancy clothes

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I've always felt that African American erasure from records and depictions of the Wild West era (1865-1895) is a wider issue that many people realise. After the Civil War there was a huge influx of freed slaves from SE states into the frontier regions where they could claim land and start new jobs and roughly 1/3 of the cowboys working the Wild West were African American. That era was also pretty foundational to the US's sense of self & history, especially via Old West TV shows and movies which were a hugely formative factor in how the American people see themselves and their values, and those values and ideas of self have trickled down throughout popular media ever since. African Americans were a huge part of that era but most of the thousands upon thousands of old movies and TV shows which depicted that era completely erased them and that's only started to be reversed in recent times. It's yet another example of "The Good Old Days" which many conservatives yearn for which only really ever existed in classic media which badly skewed and whitewashed the reality of the actual times.

Having said that, I don't think that creating fake photorealistic images will actually help that at all and might actually muddy the waters and make it even harder to acknowledge the reality of the historical situation

https://twitter.com/FreakLimner/status/1767597233246277778

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I've always felt that African American erasure from records and depictions of the Wild West era (1865-1895) is a wider issue that many people realise. After the Civil War there was a huge influx of freed slaves from SE states into the frontier regions where they could claim land and start new jobs and roughly 1/3 of the cowboys working the Wild West were African American. That era was also pretty foundational to the US's sense of self & history, especially via Old West TV shows and movies which were a hugely formative factor in how the American people see themselves and their values, and those values and ideas of self have trickled down throughout popular media ever since. African Americans were a huge part of that era but most of the thousands upon thousands of old movies and TV shows which depicted that era completely erased them and that's only started to be reversed in recent times. It's yet another example of "The Good Old Days" which many conservatives yearn for which only really ever existed in classic media which badly skewed and whitewashed the reality of the actual times.

Having said that, I don't think that creating fake photorealistic images will actually help that at all and might actually muddy the waters and make it even harder to acknowledge the reality of the historical situation

https://twitter.com/FreakLimner/status/1767597233246277778

this is a good post

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/MetalShayne2000/status/1768009818818666887

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Praise be to our Lord and Savior Jesus Crust

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Leviticus is gonna be pissed if he sees that.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
tbh Jesus would probably not be too pleased either

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

a lotta people don't know this but Jesus was a Jew

its true

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Thank goodness christians don't observe kashrut, otherwise the Eucharist would be a real problem

Pigbuster has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Mar 13, 2024

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I’m guessing it’s a lot of Filipino people on Facebook conditioned to click like and comment whenever they see anything even slightly Jesus related

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Christaceans

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Splicer posted:

Christaceans

:vince:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Splicer posted:

Christaceans

lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Splicer posted:

Christaceans

Amen!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Look, how else are we going to solve the problem of lobsters' original sin

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Lobsters' original sin is being tasty, so I hope they never get saved.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Splicer posted:

Christaceans

:hmmyes:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://www.facebook.com/Lovegodgoodloveyou/photos

They have thousands upon thousands of images uploaded but they only have a handful of themes which they revisit over and over and over. It's mostly sculptures of Jesus made out of beach sand or carved logs and flight attendants praying or studying while Jesus looks down on them lovingly.

They recently introduced a new theme of "smug African kids sculpt Jesus out of ramen"

If you scroll all the way back to January it's suddenly all photos of cute dogs, I guess they weren't going viral so they changed tack

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Pastafarians have won.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
There is another page I have seen pop up that has ai pictures of a child next to a cake with similar “I made this” captions. The comments are entirely full of people or bots taking it at face value and congratulating the child on their cake making skills.

Honestly, the reactions and comments are the weirdest part of these pages.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

They recently introduced a new theme of "smug African kids sculpt Jesus out of ramen"

For thine is the kingdom and the power, and the glory, forever and ever. R:amen:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
COME FLY WITH US. EVERY PASSENGER WINS THE JESUS AWARD.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

COME FLY WITH US. EVERY PASSENGER WINS THE JESUS AWARD.

Is that the holy trinity?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

"smug African kids sculpting things" is definitely a weird theme with these accounts

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
jesus this is like those horrifying finger family/"elsa being tortured by spider-man" videos from a few years back. how did they land on such weird poo poo and is it entirely bots making and responding to/consuming this stuff?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Antivehicular posted:

Look, how else are we going to solve the problem of lobsters' original sin
Lobsters, sharks, horseshoe crabs, naked molerats, tardigrades - all free of the curse senescence, so logically all free of original sin.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

jesus this is like those horrifying finger family/"elsa being tortured by spider-man" videos from a few years back. how did they land on such weird poo poo and is it entirely bots making and responding to/consuming this stuff?

There's websites like accs-market.com and fameswap.com where you can buy facebook or youtube accounts which already have an established audience and I suspect that a lot of these botted-out facebook pages are just creating pages for onselling

What a loving weird industry

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Enfys posted:

"smug African kids sculpting things" is definitely a weird theme with these accounts

Sure, suddenly it's art, but nobody gave a crap when my friends built a dog out of beer cans at the festival! They even made sure to empty every can themselves, I'll have you know!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Enfys posted:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Cloacamazing! posted:

Sure, suddenly it's art, but nobody gave a crap when my friends built a dog out of beer cans at the festival! They even made sure to empty every can themselves, I'll have you know!
needs more praising jesus.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

"You've got your Shrimp Jesus, your Orange Fanta Jesus, your Catholic Korean MMORPGesus, and your Pepsi Bottle Supercar Jesus."
"That's a lot of Weird Jesus."
"There's a lot of need for Weird Jesus, so there's a lot of Weird Jesus."

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SkeletonHero posted:

"You've got your Shrimp Jesus, your Orange Fanta Jesus, your Catholic Korean MMORPGesus, and your Pepsi Bottle Supercar Jesus."
Delta Airlines hopes you have enjoyed your in-flight viewing of From Dusk till Dawn.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 15:12 on Mar 14, 2024

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
If you can find weirder Jesus anywhere

gently caress it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Elsevier academic journals have been caught publishing scientific papers which were obviously co-written by ChatGPT yet still made it through the peer review process

Edit: it's highly likely that this is already much more widespread than just the few examples dug up in those threads, the people who submitted those papers were the lazy ones who didn't bother editing out the obvious ChatGPT phrases

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 13:19 on Mar 15, 2024

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Elsevier academic journals have been caught publishing scientific papers which were obviously co-written by ChatGPT yet still made it through the peer review process
Of course they got through, ChatGPT said they were fine and good!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Actually I really wouldn't put it past Elsevier to fire all their human reviewers and just run all the submitted papers through ChatGPT

LOL if you thought that the brain rot caused by AI feedback loops was pretty bad so far, we ain't seen nothing yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kinda seems like most academic papers these days are irrelevant slop with 50 coauthors anyway so why not add chatgpt to the pile.