Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

Gangtag por favor

Request - Please remove Only Trust Your Fists, and if the Goon Squad tag can link to this music video it would be appreciated.

Molrok
May 30, 2011

Mode 7 posted:

Gang me up

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Mode 7 posted:

For Managed Democracy

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mode 7 posted:

Hell yeah

Qubee posted:

I don't know if it's a latency thing or maybe I need to reverify game files, I'm having a lot of strange behaviour from objects when killed / destroyed. It's extremely noticeable with the bot carrier ships, once I land a killing blow on one of their engines, they don't drop down, they teleport offscreen and fly in for a 2nd time and then explode in the sky and clip down to the ground. It's very immersion breaking. Same with bugs or robots, when I kill them, 80% of the time they'll do some weird teleporting antics or stretching.

I'm thinking it's rubberbanding of some sort and I want to force-lock my region so I play in the Middle East rather than connecting to Europe or Asia servers. Is this possible? I read online the game is P2P so I might just start hosting my own games, if that would help?

I'm not sure they even have region locked servers, fine myself playing with euros and Asians quite frequently especially during off hours.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Mode 7 posted:

for democracy!

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Mode 7 posted:

A NICE CUP OF LIBER-TEA!

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Mode 7 posted:

Hell-Diving, yeah!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Mode 7 posted:

I'd like a tag! I'll swap out the top one, the Triangula de la Muerte tag.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Mode 7 posted:

Join the Helldivers!

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

The game should let you pick Hellbombs as a regular stratagem. I got a 50x spree detonating one in a bot dropship base, let me do that for any heavy outpost I can sneak into.

Mode 7 posted:

Call it in.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Mode 7 posted:

Bird up

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Mode 7 posted:

:emptypost:

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

For Super Earth!

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Mode 7 posted:

DEMOCRACY

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Mode 7 posted:

Yes please, in the name of Democracy

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Mode 7 posted:

Gang tag me please, if you can replace the Animal Crossing tag with this one I'd appreciate it.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Mode 7 posted:

Please and thanks!!!!!!

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Final ran into my first resource hacker.

They were really bad at the game and didn't understand the new tower mode at all.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Mode 7 posted:

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Mode 7 posted:

Pick me Democrodaddy.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Mode 7 posted:

Please help me represent managed democracy

Eels
Jul 28, 2003

Shootenanny

Mode 7 posted:

Heck yeah

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Mode 7 posted:

Sir, yes, sir!

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy

Mode 7 posted:

For super earth!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mode 7 posted:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Mode 7 posted:

I am pro diver

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

LuiCypher posted:

It's a satire/dig at any kind of authoritarian regime, which includes Soviet/Chinese communism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6By_dQS84E

It's a pretty good trailer and worth watching the entire trailer if you missed it and haven't watched it yet.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Mode 7 posted:

Hell yeah

Darox posted:

The game should let you pick Hellbombs as a regular stratagem. I got a 50x spree detonating one in a bot dropship base, let me do that for any heavy outpost I can sneak into.

Call it in.

Agreed, also is it just me or are the Bots somehow even meaner than they were before this last patch cause Sweet Liberty were the couple of Bot missions I did tonight were rough

Though honestly the main thing that impedes me being able to enjoy fighting Bots is 1) the bugged out spawns and detecting they've had for a bit now(since it completely fucks up the pacing of Bot missions since they're at full speed the entire mission) and 2) Berserkers are just plain overtuned thanks to their ridiculous health pools, doesn't even make them interesting to fight just incredibly tedious(especially since I have yet to find a weapon that works well against them consistently, even weapons like the Autocannon I often have to blow an entire clip on killing even a single one and it's rare to encounter less than 3 to 5 of them at a given moment)

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Mode 7 posted:

Quoting for my cup of Liber-tea!

get it farted on
May 22, 2022

Mode 7 posted:

now watch this dive

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Being able to buy a 5th stratagem with excess requisition could be interesting. You'd have a team of people doing missions in a certain order hopefully taking turns to purchase especially helpful things. But we already know there are going to be even more things like ai controlled soldiers in the future.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Yes, I would want this thing.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Tag me up, fellow diver!

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
The dailies should have a little picture of the insect/robot it wants you to kill a dozen of. The enemy type names are all interchangeable in a way that works for the aesthetic but it's annoying to have to wade through AI gen clickbait articles online just to find a photo of the enemy I'm supposed to be killing.

At least, they should have a little icon letting you know which faction they're part of (because it's not like you need to go out of your way to target the specific enemy time once you're in).

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Hell yeah

Agreed, also is it just me or are the Bots somehow even meaner than they were before this last patch cause Sweet Liberty were the couple of Bot missions I did tonight were rough

Though honestly the main thing that impedes me being able to enjoy fighting Bots is 1) the bugged out spawns and detecting they've had for a bit now(since it completely fucks up the pacing of Bot missions since they're at full speed the entire mission) and 2) Berserkers are just plain overtuned thanks to their ridiculous health pools, doesn't even make them interesting to fight just incredibly tedious(especially since I have yet to find a weapon that works well against them consistently, even weapons like the Autocannon I often have to blow an entire clip on killing even a single one and it's rare to encounter less than 3 to 5 of them at a given moment)

For Berserkers you want Raw DPS or a staggering effect so Breaker / Slugger are stand outs - especially if you're running an AC since it can cover mid/long range pretty well. If it's a big pack of them it's worth tossing impacts into the middle of them just to make it easier to gun them down.

burgersmith
Jun 27, 2023
That's right boys, Mondo cool.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

TAG ME, PLEASE

burgersmith fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 13, 2024

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I have no idea how some people are reaching level 30+ in this game. I did my first TCS mission last night with a pair of pubbies who were on voice chat with each other, and they were utterly oblivious as to what they were meant to be doing. Constant back and forths of "Do you know what we're supposed to do now?" My dude, it literally has it written on the screen AND I am pinging it for you.

Not to mention the one tower I didn't have a mech for took at least 10 attempts because they kept shooting the tower :doh:

Mode 7 posted:

I'm doing my part to make the thread unreadable!

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Infidelicious posted:

For Berserkers you want Raw DPS or a staggering effect so Breaker / Slugger are stand outs - especially if you're running an AC since it can cover mid/long range pretty well. If it's a big pack of them it's worth tossing impacts into the middle of them just to make it easier to gun them down.

For all the medium bots the lower torso is unarmored for extra damage, and the legs and head are lightly armored and destroying any of them is a kill. The legs have more HP than the head, but are easier targets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

The Grumbles posted:

The dailies should have a little picture of the insect/robot it wants you to kill a dozen of. The enemy type names are all interchangeable in a way that works for the aesthetic but it's annoying to have to wade through AI gen clickbait articles online just to find a photo of the enemy I'm supposed to be killing.

At least, they should have a little icon letting you know which faction they're part of (because it's not like you need to go out of your way to target the specific enemy time once you're in).
The game should have the bestiary from the Playstation website in it because also the entry for each one is excellent.
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/helldivers-2/ (scroll down)