Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Breakdown picks a Cybertruck alt mode. His boyfriend Knockout pukes in disgust at this horrible fashion faux pas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

Breakdown picks a Cybertruck alt mode. His boyfriend Knockout pukes in disgust at this horrible fashion faux pas.

actually Breakdown picks it and lets KnockOut paint it. KnockOut hates it, but with enough polish and buffer anything can look good.

Except that.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
On the upside even scraplets won't go near that alt mode. On the downside Breakdown will keep reversing into bodies of water

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
ngl, the first time i saw one of those, i thought, is that a real car?

and on the back end of that, i could see Musky paying to get it in the next Transformers movie. He'd deny it of course.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I never understood Breakdown/Knockout. Knockout was barely concerned with him and went “not really” at the idea of avenging him.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Haslab Fire Convoy ended up doubling its initial target for backers, but it didn't get swamped like Victory Saber or Deathsaurus, unless there's a shitload of orders that are only gonna get entered/counted in the next day

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Phy posted:

Haslab Fire Convoy ended up doubling its initial target for backers, but it didn't get swamped like Victory Saber or Deathsaurus, unless there's a shitload of orders that are only gonna get entered/counted in the next day

That usually happens for Haslab anyway. A bunch of orders from other sources will get added in when it ends. Day and a half still to go, y’all!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Finally backed Omega Prime.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I have the gift of Transformers premonition. I just went to my local game shop, not really intending to pick anything up, but as I left the house I thought to myself, haha, wouldn't it be funny if they had Titans Return Blaster or something there?

Yeah...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

He’s not amazing, but he’s fun at least!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dabir posted:

I have the gift of Transformers premonition. I just went to my local game shop, not really intending to pick anything up, but as I left the house I thought to myself, haha, wouldn't it be funny if they had Titans Return Blaster or something there?

Yeah...

This guy scales well with Netflix Soundwave (if you go by G1 toy scale).

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Nodosaur posted:

I never understood Breakdown/Knockout. Knockout was barely concerned with him and went “not really” at the idea of avenging him.
It's a lovely abusive relationship because Knockout is a narcissist and Decepticons have to be eeeeeevil.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Nodosaur posted:

I honestly think it was just the writers not being allowed to show them in an actual relationship? Primus knows we saw arcee going through a lot losing both of her platonic partners, I'm pretty sure the writers would have made it a lot more clear than the two of them were non-platonic but they weren't allowed to? Or they just didn't want to put in the show for some stupid reason. I did think we were ripped off because we never actually saw anything from knockout in terms of grief and we know for a fact that dude would have been emotional about losing him.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Transformers # 6

It's the finisher for the first arc.

The storyline opens with Jimmy telling his dad not to worry and that nothing bad is going to happen. Those last words are shown over the shuttle he was in exploding upon launch, think Challenger. Sparky is brought back to the present as Optimus screams they need to take cover as he drags Ratchet along. You may recall one of the cons shredded his leg the last issue. They head towards the Ark as Devastator rages upon them. In this he is super big, he’s like an adult with toys.

Cliffjumper races towards his friends and is willing to go in guns blazing but Carly stops him pointing out he’s small like her, they can’t do anything right now against something like the big D. They need to be smarter, thankfully sneaking into the Ark is an option.

Starscream is having a great time. The best of times, he’s gleeful. Devastator is stomping upon the Autobots and Screamer is throwing up a pair of devil horns while laughing. BAH GAWD Optimus comes out of no where from the side with a big boot to Starscreams head. That shut him up. Optimus leads the crew into the entrance to the Ark as the other Decepticons fire upon them, Optimus being the guy he is protects Sparks.

Devestator grabs him by the leg.

What comes next can only be said to be the comic version of the Hulk smashing Loki that one time. You know the scene, smashing him on the floor repeatedly. Devastator absolutely thrashes Prime here and even sends Starscream into the air by smashing them into one another. The Autobots open up fire as best they can with a battered utterly broken Optimus on the ground. His chest is torn open in places and everything.
They try to flee further into the Ark as Devastator reaches in to grab them, he’s way too big to enter. He is however able to grab a crawling Ratchet whose leg has left him in a precarious predicament. He starts getting pulled out as Jazz yells at him to hang on, Ratchet yells for them to close it. So, they hit the button and a door falls down severing Ratchets leg above the knee. Devastator isn’t happy and has to be told to stop from tearing into the Ark and pointlessly damaging it. But he can dig into the Ark via the mountain to get at the fleeing Autobots. He likes Soundwaves suggestion.

Carly and Cliffjumper finally manage to climb into the Ark via an open access hatch higher up between the big thrusters of the ship. So does Starscream. Carly yells at him “You killed my dad.” Starscream laughs. Pauses. “Wait. What is dad?” Yeah, it was her father he popped like a cherry back in issue one or two. Now he intends to kill Cliffjumper, then Carly. They can join this dead dad thing.

The rest of the bots are crowded around Prime, they can hear Devastator coming. Ratchet is trying to do what he can. Optimus tells them it’s too late. They look to Ratchet. “I don’t think he’s going to make it”. Optimus apologizes, he thought they still had hope. Arcee tells him he can’t die. Optimus removes the Matrix and tells them he can feel his gears slowing, his spark giving away. It’s time. “One of you must take it.” He tells one of them to take it once more and unable to hold it any longer drops it to the ground.

Sparks looks at it asking if there was only a way. His men. His sons. He always thought “If only I could take their place. If only it was me instead of them”. Devestator is getting closer. Sparks tell Optimus he knows they’re going to take care of the world in the same way he cares for his sons. He reaches into the Matrix as energy like lighting erupts around him. Spark tells Prime to watch over them for him and begins to push further in asking only when Spike wakes “Tell my son I’m proud of him”. And then he's gone.

An energy discharge from the Matrix fixes Prime, he tells his friend he will not be forgotten. Optimus will protect his son. He will protect the world. Devastator finally bursts through the mountain into the Ark. Prime has had enough. He rips off one of Devastators fingers and slugs Thundercracker with it as fighting breaks out. Prime grabs his blaster and with it and Megatrons fusion cannon goes full Rambo on the big D. Prime rushes at him as in the back ground of the panel via speed lines the words “You know the song” is shown. Come on. You know the song that is meant to be playing here. Prime drop kicks Devastator right in the chin.

Starscream has Cliffjumper locked in a camel clutch (You sit on the opponents back, lock your hands under their chin and pull back, it’s something the Iron Shiek use to do). Starsceam intends to break him in half, he doesn't notice Carly is able to reposition one of Cliffy’s guns and blast Starscream in the chest. The tables have turned. Cliffjumper gets his gun, he had wondered how this moment would feel. He remembers when Starscream wiped out his whole clan, how Starscream had taunted him for it. Had taunted him during this fight. He sticks his gun right in front of Starscreams face.

He can’t pull the trigger. He thought it was what he wanted, he thought this was what he needed he tries to tell Carly as she yells at him. She wants him to finish it. He killed Cliffjumpers friends, her father. Starscream needs to die. Cliffjumper is tired. Tired of it all. Starscram isn’t and grabs Carly saying they’ll both be at rest and begins to squeeze Carlys legs. A nice bone shattering kkkkk effect is shown.

Outside Devastator is chasing Prime who leads him further up the mountain in truck mode while taking pot shots at him with Megatrons fusion cannon. Seriously, give me a toy version of this Hasbro. Prime avoids a punch and transforms back to bot mode as he goads on the big guy while unleashing upon him with everything he has. Enraged Devastator lunges at him, Prime ducks, reaches up grabbing him at the waist and then using the big mans own momentum hurls him over the top.

Below Cliffjumper yells at Starscream to let Carly go, Starscream has backed out to the top of one of the Arks thrusters and tells the little red bot no and begins to squeeze once more. Devastator comes crashing down smashing into Starcream nearly crushing him whole, Carly is tossed into the air and Cliffjumper is able to catch her. The Constructicons break apart and fall. It’s raining Constructicons, hallelujah! Cliffy checks on Carly. She’s not happy, he could have ended it. Ended it all.

Starscream and the Constructicons finish hitting the ground, Starscream is out for the count. The Constructicons drive away carrying him to safety. Soundwave cradles Ravages body as Optimus ask him to wait. To let
it be over with, for both of their sides to find a way to save their world. Soundwave saying nothing looks to Ravage, back to Prime and then tries to punch him. Prime catches the punch but doesn’t punch back, only
tells him to not be mistaken, while Prime wants peace he’s no fool. Thundercracker flies over and Soundwave grabs on and escapes. Until next time.

Back in the city at the battered remains of the hospital Spike wakes up from his coma, the doctors tell him to not try to speak so he weakly writes a single question.

Where’s my dad?

End issue six.

Great first arc! The art is worth all the stars. The story is everything I could want and never knew I needed, there's emotion! I didn't expect this comic to make me actually care. Again, humans good?! The hell! If this isn't what what you want from Transformers I really have no idea what will make you happy.

10 out of 10

Buy. Read. Enjoy. It's worth it. Get the trade if nothing else for the full effect. If beyond lucky, get autographed copies. I'll be extremely jelly as the kids say if you do.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
The trade is out in May I think. Highly recommended, it was a wild ride. I'm going Daniel Warren Johnson doesn't stay away for long, his art is perfect on this book.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Speaking of!

He has a kickstarter out for a book with his art:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skyboundent/extremity-signature-edition

Debating if can afford it right now. 13 days left.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/theeunclejerry/status/1767958738097381522?s=46

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

getting their money's worth out of that trailer

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cowslips Warren posted:

I honestly think it was just the writers not being allowed to show them in an actual relationship? Primus knows we saw arcee going through a lot losing both of her platonic partners, I'm pretty sure the writers would have made it a lot more clear than the two of them were non-platonic but they weren't allowed to? Or they just didn't want to put in the show for some stupid reason. I did think we were ripped off because we never actually saw anything from knockout in terms of grief and we know for a fact that dude would have been emotional about losing him.

The absence of any subtext whatsoever leads me to doubt a lot of this. I feel like a lot of Prime fans profoundly misunderstand the actual Lockdown from the show.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Tells you how wonky that Ravage mould was that the head works perfectly for this dog.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

On the other hand. While odd that Knockout never went for him, he did make it very clear he wanted Cylas to suffer when he got his hands on him.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Should have gone harder like 7/11 did for their branded prime

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Makes sense that they'd use a mainline figure rather than an MP - that Target Optimus is basically part of the Buzzworthy Bumblebee subline, but they're doing away with that specific branding (which is why Origin Wheeljack has normal Legacy United packaging).

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Last Call posted:

Great first arc! The art is worth all the stars. The story is everything I could want and never knew I needed, there's emotion! I didn't expect this comic to make me actually care. Again, humans good?! The hell! If this isn't what what you want from Transformers I really have no idea what will make you happy.

10 out of 10

Buy. Read. Enjoy. It's worth it. Get the trade if nothing else for the full effect. If beyond lucky, get autographed copies. I'll be extremely jelly as the kids say if you do.

You have convinced me; I have ordered the trade.

What a Bumblebee-rear end thing for Cliffjumper to do.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

honestly wish they used the earthrise, or even volvo prime mold instead of laser prime

I think the mold is good, but I'm just not sold on this particular deco when we've already gotten a couple really killer decos out of it, *and* they're doing a refresh of the normal Laser Prime deco in the mainline right now anyways.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Darth TNT posted:

On the other hand. While odd that Knockout never went for him, he did make it very clear he wanted Cylas to suffer when he got his hands on him.

Starscream literally asks him if he’s doing all that to avenge his partner, and Knockout’s reply is a disinterested “not really”

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Prime Knockout reminds me a lot of Entrapta (though she's way more autistic-coded) from Netflix She-Ra. He can and did switch sides when it's convenient for him. He definitely has feelings but doesn't express them the way you assume he will. No miniature baked goods, for instance.

Guys the Netflix She-Ra show is pretty good honestly. My daughter's old enough to enjoy it now, so I have an excuse to watch it again.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Darth TNT posted:

i remember reading that his reaction was very much like Dreadwing when it came to his dead brother: this is war. People die, you miss them and move on. But you don't desecrate the dead. Which is what happened to Dreadwing's brother and Breakdown. That poo poo is unforgivable.

Plus we never know how much KnockOut was told about who killed his partner.

Starscream, iirc, asked KO if he didn't feel weird doing all these experiments on the corpse of his former partner. KO said not really, but cylas, who is in said corpse, once had Breakdown strapped down to a lab table to be dissected. So it would please Breakdown's spark to play a part in this revenge, and that was what pleased the medic. poo poo, just look at his reaction when he first finds Breakdown "alive" and then takes him back to Megatron: dude is loving pissed and disgusted and wants revenge right there.

I guess KO and Entrapta do have some similarities though. She has her thing for tech and he has his thing for polish and looking good all the time (and lots of human poo poo, like movies. And cars, like with the street racing. I forget what episode it was, but both he and Breakdown were looking in a car lot, and Breakdown is just smashing poo poo with his hammer, while KnockOut is kneeling down to inspect under the vehicles, and takes care not to scratch the paint when he gets up). KnockOut definitely had no real reason to be loyal to the Cons, and it was, I admit, only Starscream being a loving idiot that gave the medic the proper motivation to prove he wanted to be on the other side.

Netflix She-Ra was loving awesome. Sadly that gave me hope for their Transformers series, and, well....nope.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://x.com/vinnieartzalot/status/1768080773444145478?s=46
https://x.com/vinnieartzalot/status/1768080848639729956?s=46

Speaking of big and short duos, here’s the Vanguardverse’s versions of Starscream and B.B.

They’re BFFs.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 14, 2024

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You have convinced me; I have ordered the trade.

What a Bumblebee-rear end thing for Cliffjumper to do.

Johnson thought Bumblebee was played out at this point, so Cliffjumper fills the role nicely.

"YOU KNOW THE SONG" is the best sound effect put into a comic.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Open Marriage Night posted:

"YOU KNOW THE SONG" is the best sound effect put into a comic.

also a good thread title when one is needed.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Transformers #6 loving ruled. Truly some of the sickest poo poo I've ever seen. I'll be sad to see DWJ take a back seat from art but if the rest of the ongoing keeps up with the writing and staging and themes it's going to be one of the greatest transformer stories ever told.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Turned out the secret sauce to Transformers comics was including wrestling.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Cowslips Warren posted:

Considering the current thread title has been in place for like 3-4 years now I think we are vastly overdue for a new one(threads as active as this one are should change titles on a quarterly basis at minimum), especially since it is honestly kind of a poo poo thread title*

*though at least not as bad as say the lovely homophobic one the Godzilla/Kaiju general thread had been stuck with for years until relatively recently when it finally got changed

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Considering the current thread title has been in place for like 3-4 years now I think we are vastly overdue for a new one(threads as active as this one are should change titles on a quarterly basis at minimum), especially since it is honestly kind of a poo poo thread title*

*though at least not as bad as say the lovely homophobic one the Godzilla/Kaiju general thread had been stuck with for years until relatively recently when it finally got changed

how dare you. perfect thread title. no notes.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I think about this thread title absolutely every time I buy a Transformer at Target or another supermarket.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

Speaking of big and short duos, here’s the Vanguardverse’s versions of Starscream and B.B.

They’re BFFs.

Man, looking at number of likes, B.B. looks more popular than Starscream. Odd, that.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

uh. what Kaiju one now?

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye, You Know The Song That Plays Right Now

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Cowslips Warren posted:

I support this.

Transformers are all about change, it's past time for a new thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

The Last Call posted:

I support this.

Transformers are all about change, it's past time for a new thread title.

unless you are a Functionist.

we know you're out there.