Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

harley CEO doubling down on the "make very expensive road couches" strategy isnt helping either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Tired of boomers complaining about my NPR radio station as they fly through my front windshield into the back seat.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Arson Daily posted:

harley CEO doubling down on the "make very expensive road couches" strategy isnt helping either.

??? They make 350 and 500 models, they're rebadged Benelli's made in India and honestly pretty affordable. The 350 is an absolute shitter like you'd expect, the 500 isn't terrible.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Tell us about Alta

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Slavvy posted:

??? They make 350 and 500 models, they're rebadged Benelli's made in India and honestly pretty affordable. The 350 is an absolute shitter like you'd expect, the 500 isn't terrible.

youre right i had totally forgotten about them. but then so has everyone else heyooooooooo

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Sagebrush posted:

seriously i read a thing a few years ago that the demographic most likely to die on a motorcycle had shifted, for the first time in history, away from the 18-25 male group and to the 65+ males.

They're clogging the health care industry right now too, you might be able to just say "most likely to die" at this point. Fast and stupid is nothing before a lifetime of slow and consistent cumulative stupidity.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
I had my bikes non road taxed, but insured for theft and damages while in the shed over the winter. I road registered them again now. Funny bit is the 2 veteran bikes was more expensive to insure in the shed than on the road. road tax added it a little more expensive to have them on the road in total.

For my Yamaha xt 600 z
In prices pr year. 1903 nok /182 usd in the shed, 1658nok /158 usd on the road.

interesting tid bits from the insurance papers.
Charging cable and side car is covered by insurance, but not a trailer.
And it does not cover kosovo, russia and belaus

Other things to note is that via the road help part, that if Im outside the Nordics, and my vehicle cant be repaired within 2 days, they cover rent of a "similar vehicle" for up to 30 days for you to complete the planned vacation.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Slavvy posted:

These aren't coming out in America, though (at least not according to the latest stories I can find about it).

So here in FREEDOM LAND we don't ride no sissy bikes that weigh less than 500 pounds!

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Arson Daily posted:

The price tag on them in kangaroo land is insane too. 30+ grand for a stock cruiser is very much rich boomer territory only and that's just for a low rider, the road kings are 40k and up.

Then again, not like anyone can afford houses here anymore, so I guess you could just drop 50k on a bike instead.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I would love to know what HD's sales spread is across their models, i.e. how many of the high end models do they sell vs their cheapest models.
Maybe they build and and market what sells best

Any insight?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Selling one 50k bike is better than selling five 10k bikes from a profitability perspective

Snapshot
Oct 22, 2004

damnit Matt get in the boat

Slavvy posted:

Selling one 50k bike is better than selling five 10k bikes from a profitability perspective

Bike’s likely financed too, so extra cash from the interest on the loan.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
And Harley will finance anyone with a pulse. And at rates where they basically can’t lose money if you make your payments for a while.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Finance on a vehicle that can get cleaned up at the first intersection by some dude in a dodge Ram looking at his phone while driving seems like a bad decision.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I financed a bike as soon as I got out of college and got my first Big Boy™️ job. Never again. I hated instantly being upside down on the loan the second I rode the bike home. It made me not want to ride.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I swiped my R3 on my rewards card and paid it off. Had to call first to let them know I was about to make a big rear end purchase.

The bike has been the real reward.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Yeah I finance my bikes but I usually pay 20%-40% down and pay it off within a year

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I should also clarify my bike was something like 4800 brand new out the door.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Rolo posted:

I swiped my R3 on my rewards card and paid it off.

This.

I haven't paid for a flight in years partly thanks to Kawasaki and BMW.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

You'll never guess what I saw!

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

This is loving cool but I would not be riding or standing within 50 yards of someone on one.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

moxieman posted:

This is loving cool but I would not be riding or standing within 50 yards of someone on one.

whiskey throttle right into a field amputation - I'm with you

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Rolo posted:

I swiped my R3 on my rewards card and paid it off. Had to call first to let them know I was about to make a big rear end purchase.

The bike has been the real reward.

i tried to do that with the ninja but the fee they were gonna charged me was outrageous. they took a personal check though lolololol

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

some kinda jackal posted:

This.

I haven't paid for a flight in years partly thanks to Kawasaki and BMW.

No honey it’s fine, I’m being good with money!

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Rolo posted:

No honey it’s fine, I’m being good with money!

Also can you park in the drive from now on, the garage needs more room for the new bikes that arrive tomorrow.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

People park cars in a garage?? The heck did I miss

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
You mean the motorcycle hole?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

You gotta pay the troll toll to get in this motorcycle hole

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I park all ... uh... 5 of my bikes in my garage and there's even room for tools, a bench, a motorcycle lift, and a Subi Outback.
Tight fit at that point. If you want to work on any of it inside the garage, the Outback is first to stay in the rain.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

TotalLossBrain posted:

I park all ... uh... 5 of my bikes in my garage and there's even room for tools, a bench, a motorcycle lift, and a Subi Outback.
Tight fit at that point. If you want to work on any of it inside the garage, the Outback is first to stay in the rain.

Unf. I want that garage organisation. And that many bikes. Actually 2 or 3 would probably do me.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

MSPain posted:

I was under the impression that you do get a trophy and a recognition plaque when you buy a harley

They literally send you a trophy, yes. When I bought my Softail they insisted on taking a picture of me in front of the dealership and I went along with it because I'd been there for like 5 hours and just wanted to leave and not argue with anyone, and like 6 weeks later they sent me the photo in an engraved plaque with some of the purchase information. I found it incredibly loving weird.

It's funny that so much of that list is "millennials won't by harleys because they only care about fashion" when HD makes a poo poo ton of money selling functionless fashion pants and jackets.
"The handle bars have buttons and levers and cannot be controlled by touch-screen." My harley has a 7" touch screen.

The image should just be "25 year olds aren't buying $35k motorcycles because we successfully destroyed the economy to an extent where none of them will never own anything!" But it won't be updated because whoever made it probably died of COVID.

Geekboy posted:

And Harley will finance anyone with a pulse. And at rates where they basically can’t lose money if you make your payments for a while.

Financing my first bike actually fixed my credit. Turns out when you can make payments on time for a note that has 24% interest, your credit sorta skyrockets.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

lol at literally getting a participation trophy for buying a Harley, a thing invented by boomers to get mad at.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Strife posted:

The image should just be "25 year olds aren't buying $35k motorcycles because we successfully destroyed the economy to an extent where none of them will never own anything!" But it won't be updated because whoever made it probably died of COVID.

What gets me is they tell the same "millenials hurrr" jokes when us millenials are nearly at or over 40 now

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
Wait, how are you guys buying bikes with credit cards? Doesn't the dealership charge a credit card fee that negates whatever points you might get?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Mine didn’t

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

mine did so i paid with a personal check lol. still cant believe they went for that

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
A boomer saw you knowing how to fill out a check and thought hmmm yes this is one of the good ones.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

T Zero posted:

Wait, how are you guys buying bikes with credit cards? Doesn't the dealership charge a credit card fee that negates whatever points you might get?

Junkyards don't care how I pay for the vehicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

cursedshitbox posted:

#4. Participation trophies eh? Who won the Vietnam war?

Saved from the funny pictures thread a long time ago.