Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If the Jets do sign Bahktari and he can actually play, that’s a pretty big improvement on 60% of the Oline even if he’s just ok. He’s only 32 so there’s reason for optimism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The idea that a guy who never plays is going to come to the Jets and all of a sudden be healthy is just not a plausible outcome. He just got cut for a failed physical.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

TheBizzness posted:

If the Jets do sign Bahktari and he can actually play, that’s a pretty big improvement on 60% of the Oline even if he’s just ok. He’s only 32 so there’s reason for optimism.

I don't think you can sign Bakhtiari to be your starter. I'd be fine with signing him for cheap to be a depth guy/spot starter, but his injury history is just too long at this point to rely on him as a regular player.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Didn’t realize he’d only played 14 games in the last 3 season lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Signing Bakh with no expectation he's a reliable starter would at least give them options in the draft.

There's essentially no good WRs left available and if they can fill OT with someone who can hold the fort like Tyron with Bakh backing him up, it would open up #10 for Odunze or Nabers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Tyron Smith is also a huge injury risk but at least he's played the majority of 2 of the last 3 seasons... That is the risk you take.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

The best thing they can do right now is sign Tyron Smith, who I think you can at least rely on to play at a high level for 12-14 games a season. That gives you real flexibility in the draft that you don't have if you try to fill LT with Bakhtiari. Otherwise, the whole league (again) knows they'll be targeting a LT at 10 overall.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

The best thing they can do right now is sign Tyron Smith, who I think you can at least rely on to play at a high level for 12-14 games a season. That gives you real flexibility in the draft that you don't have if you try to fill LT with Bakhtiari. Otherwise, the whole league (again) knows they'll be targeting a LT at 10 overall.

I also feel like the Smith contract is going to be less than everyone thinks it's going to be.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

I also feel like the Smith contract is going to be less than everyone thinks it's going to be.

Yeah I totally agree. I think if someone was going to pay top dollar for him he would have signed already.

Also, the Chargers just released Mike Williams. That's an option at WR, though a super low floor/high ceiling option.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
More incest
https://x.com/Marcel_LJ/status/1767974029288415508

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
He's a really good special teams guy.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Didn't Bahktari refuse to play on turf last season? How the hell would that work for the Jets at Metlife?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So this Mike Williams fellow.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah I totally agree. I think if someone was going to pay top dollar for him he would have signed already.

Also, the Chargers just released Mike Williams. That's an option at WR, though a super low floor/high ceiling option.

They can't do Mike Williams. He just never plays.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Look if you get ALL the injured players you're bound to have a couple work out, right?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Look if you get ALL the injured players you're bound to have a couple work out, right?

Mike Williams, David Bakhtiari, and JK Dobbins. The holy trinity.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

To rebut my own point:

https://twitter.com/thejetpress/status/1767977105692700954?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

But oof, he will be 30 and coming off a torn ACL.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Miami Dolphins Plan

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

But oof, he will be 30 and coming off a torn ACL.

Yeah, I think I would be extremely ambivalent about it if it happened. He's kind of the perfect type of WR to play next to Wilson, though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There is going to be a pretty big market for him anyway. There is no way the Jets are winning a bidding war for him.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think he'll be relatively cheap. Look at what Nuk Hopkins commanded last offseason. Hopkins is the better player and had a cleaner bill of health.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

fsif posted:

I think he'll be relatively cheap. Look at what Nuk Hopkins commanded last offseason. Hopkins is the better player and had a cleaner bill of health.

Hopkins did get popped for a PED suspension though

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Miami Dolphins Plan

Surely THIS time it’ll work!!!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

MUH TAXES
https://twitter.com/MattCouture5/status/1768003018681663864?s=20

Nov 6, 2002

Bill would have disapproved.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Bill would have disapproved.

Get a guy who runs a 4.7 40 but says yessir more.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Badlands guys are now convinced CJ Mosley is getting cut because some rando hit on the Morgan Moses trade and the Titans getting Ridley.

https://twitter.com/PrettyRickey213/status/1767949772122399033?s=20
https://twitter.com/PrettyRickey213/status/1767951416071516176?s=20
https://twitter.com/PrettyRickey213/status/1768011505205711051?s=20

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Gabe Davis is now a team's WR1 lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

Gabe Davis is now a team's WR1 lol
They have Christian Kirk.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

92 mil with 50 mil guarenteed For Calvin Ridley??? No thanks I’m good

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Rodgers is a Sandy Hook truther and I am ascending into heaven.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

gently caress him. I hope he retires.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1768028898921443488?s=20

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

fsif posted:

Rodgers is a Sandy Hook truther and I am ascending into heaven.

This is what they call long term storytelling

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

lol a a ron getting oppo dumps. also jake tapper loving sucks so i'm gonna choose to not believe this

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

So a couple of 3rd or 4th round picks can fix a receiver room, right?

in this class they actually might

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Badlands guys are now convinced CJ Mosley is getting cut because some rando hit on the Morgan Moses trade and the Titans getting Ridley.

This doesn’t seem like the type of thing Caporoso or Rogers would go for

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

They should cut Mosley.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
They should cut Rodgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

lol a a ron getting oppo dumps. also jake tapper loving sucks so i'm gonna choose to not believe this

Jake Tapper has nothing to do with that story. If you read his ranting to a reporter about the US govt involvement in sandy hook and conclude "oppo dump" and "tapper sucks" you might not hate the jets management enough.