Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

BlackIronHeart posted:

Sure, I love instantly dying in a fire after equipping something.

"For liberty" I whisper as the shoulder straps settle and the drones pilot light flickers on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

footage of the last rear end in a top hat who said bugs could fly

I love that dumb chuckle from Ace just nice chuckle moments had on a battlefield

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

God there are a lot of you.

I'm working through requests in batches as I've got availability, both to spare my sanity and to not flood the modqueue.
Once the window closes I will also post instructions on how you can buy the gang tag for yourself if you missed out.

Mega apologies to both Droxis and FunkyFjord whose avatars I broke; old avatars require some manual code corrections when changing them, a fact I have now belatedly learnt but at least I shouldn't break anyone else's going forward. Corrections already queued up, you'll have your avs restored shortly.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Then why can I pick up all those discarded EAT tubes hmm??

Everyone knows that tubes retain Liberty better than magazines. It’s just a fact.

Quicksilver6 fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 14, 2024

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

whiskey patrol posted:

I use a similar loadout (EAT / laser dog / eagle napalm / whatever) and run the armor with extra grenades to use on the spitters.

Laser dog takes the small ones, EAT the big ones, and punisher for the medium bugs.

I've been liking the punisher over the slugger just for the handling. I couldn't hit poo poo with the slugger in 3rd person but the pubisher seems fine.
Nice, I didn't think about using impact grenades on the spewers. Not having a regular support slot calldown means I might actually grab one out in the field too.

Now to see if there are any light +grenade armors, or +grenade armors that look nice. Fashion while dying for democracy is important.

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

Nice, I didn't think about using impact grenades on the spewers. Not having a regular support slot calldown means I might actually grab one out in the field too.

Now to see if there are any light +grenade armors, or +grenade armors that look nice. Fashion while dying for democracy is important.

There's at least one light +grenade armor in the Superstore rotation. It looks pretty good too at least imo

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Schwawa posted:

There's at least one light +grenade armor in the Superstore rotation. It looks pretty good too at least imo

Green scout trooper from the mirror universe where scout troopers have amazing improved accuracy AND resistance to thermal detonators!

EDIT: Wait. that is the Light fortified one :downs: Though I think the light engineer is inspired by Eagle pilots? Which makes sense given the extra kaboom.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Schwawa posted:

Cool! Time to save my superfunds. Or see what comes in the next warbond.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Oooh, gang tag please!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Mode 7 posted:

I'm working through requests in batches as I've got availability, both to spare my sanity and to not flood the modqueue.
Once the window closes I will also post instructions on how you can buy the gang tag for yourself if you missed out.

Mega apologies to both Droxis and FunkyFjord whose avatars I broke; old avatars require some manual code corrections when changing them, a fact I have now belatedly learnt but at least I shouldn't break anyone else's going forward. Corrections already queued up, you'll have your avs restored shortly.

The legions of democracy are endless.

(Thanks for putting up with us.)

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

I am in deepest darkest Wales for my dad's 80th, and this means I can't get in on the new warbond. Plz gang tag me in place of this

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Would love one of these bad boys.
Edit:(Last tag switched me to left aligned from centred, so if I can be switched back that would be cool. If not no worries.)

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 14, 2024

Lord Doom
Jul 17, 2008

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I'd appreciate one of these if still available.

I'd also appreciate a flame resistant armor set so that I can safely continue burninating the bug countryside. I wonder what other armor set gimmicks we'll end up seeing. I usually use the 50% chance of resisting death armors.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Play posted:

I think this might actually be server backup or something for all the records that are created or updated right when you finish a mission. I've gotten stuck unable to enter, then all the sudden it lets me in which is why I think that might be it.

Yeah I could've told you the mission length thing was a lie. I mean just clearly untrue from playing the game. Those other discoveries are pretty interesting but seems far from solved. Enemy variety and numbers is just so drat different from game to game, even on the same planet and doing the same mission with the same number of players. Big time mystery.

It's interesting that splitting up the team increases spawns. Always seemed to me that two man teams were really effective and while one team was heavily engaged the other often wouldn't be and could get on with the objectives.

Autocannon sentries and mechs for the big boys, gatling or tesla and guard dog for the little guys.

But really, I've also taken a totally normal load out and had a fine time on 7.

Saw a YouTube video on diff 8 and somehow over twenty bile titans were spawned in one mission which is pretty nuts.

The Bile Titan swarm was pretty much caused by the youtuber's team not understanding the mechanics of Termicide missions. Clicking "Start" on a silo will kick off a wave of bug holes, up to and including multiple BT spawns. Game doesn't care whether you cleared the nasties from the previous lost attempt, and you should do your best to clear the bugs from previous scuffed towers before starting a fresh tower.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

oooh lemme get in on this, just bought the game the other day after finally crumbling to peer pressure attending mandatory re-education camps to ensure that I understood that spreading Managed Democracy is the only way to defend Freedom :911:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 14, 2024

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I would love to do my part in representing goon based managed democracy and will gladly turn in my Raccoon Goons tag to do so.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Schwawa posted:

Yeah I got this awhile back and it's my main terminid armor. I sometimes remember to switch to the medium version on bots.

Grenades in general are incredible. One can take out most of a terminid patrol or a dropship full of troopers and walkers as they land.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The EAT and Laser Cannon not sucking has massively improved my enjoyment. I already enjoyed the Laser, but it kinda sucked from an actual utility standpoint. Now it melts everything but the heaviest armor. The EAT I already mentioned yesterday, but what they gave us is basically what I wanted when I was complaining about it a couple weeks ago.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I want this tag if I can! If Grimey Drawer counts against my tags, drop that, but if it doesn't leave it be.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Lord Doom posted:

I'd also appreciate a flame resistant armor set so that I can safely continue burninating the bug countryside. I wonder what other armor set gimmicks we'll end up seeing. I usually use the 50% chance of resisting death armors.

To go along with that, I'm curious if new enemies will start introducing other elemental attacks. We already have tesla towers and arc throwers. Somewhere there is gonna be an electric eel type bug or a bot with tesla cannons for arms.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Droxis posted:

Flamer, but corrosive fart gas/goo. I'm willing this into reality.

Oooh, good ol' Tiberium Sprayer would be fun.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If I reinforce and my Hellpod rams straight down the middle of a Bile Titan, it should kill it :argh:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Droxis posted:

Flamer, but corrosive fart gas/goo. I'm willing this into reality.
The toxin thrower was one of the most hilarious guns in the first game because the DoT damage was so high that if you clipped a teammate for even a fraction of a second they were dead

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I'd love this gang tag if possible. The ones I loved got wiped out by the guy who meltdown bought all the hillary avatars.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

You can lose the street fighter looking tag, thank you!

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Why take an EAT in slot when you can have the mech instead?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Infinitum posted:

If I reinforce and my Hellpod rams straight down the middle of a Bile Titan, it should kill it :argh:

sometimes it does, and sometimes it lightly tickles it before stepping on you.

hellpod roulette.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

wilderthanmild posted:

The EAT and Laser Cannon not sucking has massively improved my enjoyment. I already enjoyed the Laser, but it kinda sucked from an actual utility standpoint. Now it melts everything but the heaviest armor.

It's reticle was also hilariously unstable, laser cannon is drat stable now.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mode 7 posted:

Thanks for all your work man, really awesome to have these. I will be recommending you to my Democracy Officer for a commendation.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Infinitum posted:

One time I literally smashed off a Charger's rear end with my Hellpod. It turned around, instakilled me, and then bled out

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Always mark the bile titan before you reinforce. When yer buddy is flying back in they'll see the indicator

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Chillgamesh posted:

I literally smashed off a Charger's rear end

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hellamp!
Hellamp!
Hellamp!
It really smashes, the Charger's rear end!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

.Z. posted:

Not sure if it can tank a full length blast, but if positioned correctly the Bile Titan will just kill itself. (Forgot to add the video in my original post)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6mCIIGXV4w
vindicated by how, at 1:43, you can see the same glitched out enemy vertexes I talked about seeing near launch that goons told me was likely my graphics card dying and not the game

Play posted:

It's interesting that splitting up the team increases spawns. Always seemed to me that two man teams were really effective and while one team was heavily engaged the other often wouldn't be and could get on with the objectives.
I mean, that post is just talking about patrols, yeah? But not only can you often just go around them, there can only be 1 breach/dropship at once on most mission types. So if one team is getting a breach and the other isn't, the one that isn't is pretty free to do whatever, extra patrols or no extra patrols.

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 14, 2024

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

https://packaged-media.redd.it/yyg4...8b05cc0b5ba#t=0

Musluk
May 23, 2011

magiccarpet posted:

Why take an EAT in slot when you can have the mech instead?

Look it is my liberty given right to drown the bugs/bots in spent casings/tubes, and in that case, spent EAT tubes are bigger than the puny MG casings. Plus with every upgrade, you can call in 20 EATs to mech's 18 in between every mech calldown.

LazyMaybe posted:

vindicated by how, at 1:43, you can see the same glitched out enemy vertexes I talked about seeing near launch that goons told me was likely my graphics card dying and not the game

Considering it's the same engine as Vermintide, I'm surprised the sphagettification of enemies isn't more prevalent.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

love getting wrecked by bile titans because neither of the two spears we brought would even acknowledge their existence (or, on the rare occasion they deigned to lock on, would miss)

the two pelicans dropping off our mechs autocannoning each other and going down in flaming wrecks was the cherry on top :allears:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

LazyMaybe posted:

I mean, that post is just talking about patrols, yeah? But not only can you often just go around them, there can only be 1 breach/dropship at once on most mission types. So if one team is getting a breach and the other isn't, the one that isn't is pretty free to do whatever, extra patrols or no extra patrols.

I was one of those and I was wrong. When I said that I hadn't seen that happen yet, but I have now. You weren't crazy!

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003
Has there been any word on the new war bond? Is there any confirmation that it's coming out tomorrow or is the expectation based on that pre-release plan of second Thursday of the month?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Worst thing about getting into Helldivers is having to go to work and not being able to defend Liberty and spread Managed Democracy to the traitor bug menace.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

whiskey patrol posted:

Has there been any word on the new war bond? Is there any confirmation that it's coming out tomorrow or is the expectation based on that pre-release plan of second Thursday of the month?

Its coming out tomorrow according to Playstation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Infinitum posted:

This was probably my saltiest BT non-kill, come on

https://i.imgur.com/2iSMs9p.mp4

I'm starting to get on board with the idea that the 500kg mostly does damage above it rather than around it. They seem to work a lot more consistently when they hit the ground.