Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

torgeaux posted:

Jake Tapper has nothing to do with that story. If you read his ranting to a reporter about the US govt involvement in sandy hook and conclude "oppo dump" and "tapper sucks" you might not hate the jets management enough.

11years ago and they are just coming forward about it now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's because he's now somehow maybe a politician.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
"Sandy Hook" is obviously one of his calls at the line for a screen play

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
On one hand, I’m pretty skeptical of any piece of reporting about an interaction over a decade ago at a Kentucky Derby party. On the other, Aaron Rodgers is a loving moron who has become a very public conspiracy theorist over the past several years, so it lines up.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why would it come out before, an NFL player with a bad opinion isn’t very interesting or novel

A potential political candidate is another matter

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It would be dumb as hell for the journalist to go on record with the claim if it was totally made up, since Rodgers is definitely going to go on McAfee and get a bunch of conspiracy nuts to harass her.

It’s CNN so “dumb as hell” is definitely in play. But still not something I’d just throw out there lightly.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What about anything Aaron Rodgers has said ever would lead to the skepticism here?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also—just me—but if an even semi-credible news agency came out with a false story claiming I didn't believe in Sandy Hook, I would probably find a way to very, very quickly say, "uh, no, unequivocally, I'm not that big of a loving dipshit."

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Aaron rodgers getting guys cut because according to him they’re crisis actors…. Little do Douglas and saleh know he’s spotted the mask seams on the side of their heads

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Aaron rodgers: it seems pretty tough to get thaaaat many people to those camps. Trust me they can’t even get ME to go

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Phobeste posted:

Aaron rodgers: it seems pretty tough to get thaaaat many people to those camps. Trust me they can’t even get ME to go

lmao

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Phobeste posted:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandy hook didn’t happen but it should have

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Phobeste posted:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Phobeste posted:

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Phobeste posted:

This is great.

I think other than trades there’s not much the Jets can do in FA. Last year the selling point was Rodgers. Now it’s a 40 year old Rodgers who might have rushed back from a major injury. Hackett is a hack, Saleh seems lost, and everyone is probably fired unless they make the playoffs. I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to sign here. They should have ripped off the band aid, fired everyone, let go of Rodgers, and started a rebuild fresh.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Looks like Mosley took a pay cut to stay. That's cool.
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1768253563224953087?s=20

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Looks like Mosley took a pay cut to stay. That's cool.
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1768253563224953087?s=20

Good move. Keeps him around for the Rodgers window (if he's not VP..........) and two years is probably around how long I'd want to pencil Mosley in as a starter. Apparently frees up like $12m in cap this year.

fsif posted:

What about anything Aaron Rodgers has said ever would lead to the skepticism here?

Forgot to respond to this. I believe the report, I was just saying (maybe unclearly) that whatever doubts you have about the age/context of the story, they should be outweighed by the fact that the story aligns with the type of insane stuff we know that Aaron Rodgers believes. He's an absolute clown of a person and it's absurd that he hasn't done anything to renounce the report yet or the concept of Sandy Hook trutherism.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 14, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Mosley took a pretty big paycut huh?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Mosley took a pretty big paycut huh?
He halved it. He essentially turned his 1/$17m non-guaranteed deal to a 2/$17 with $9m guaranteed.

It's good savings that they need to use now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Finally Mosley is getting paid what he's worth lol

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Finally Mosley is getting paid what he's worth lol

It's kind of crazy to think that Mosley has now been a Jet longer than he was a Raven. I hope he retires in NY. Obviously he was never going to live up to his contract, but he's a good player and just generally really well regarded by his coaches and teammates.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Pretty Rickey says Tyler Boyd is heading to the Steelers and we're looking at MVS. These are both just warm bodies anyways.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

MVS sucks. I hate that so much. Dude was terrible with the Chiefs for the whole time he was there to the extend that his drops were a meme, had a few catches in the playoffs from a great QB that I guess are fresh in idiots minds. Dude is sub JAG level. He's literally another Lazard. He had TWENTY ONE catches in a full season playing with the best QB in the NFL when there was no other proven WRs on the team. He sucks!!!!!

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 14, 2024

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
MVS is an elite playoff player and not good in the regular season the jets should not look his way

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Mac Jones trade is officially done btw. So happy.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

:sigh:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12/status/1768318406560760224

Funny that he's addressing this but is letting the VP stuff hang out there lol

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

:feelsgood:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12/status/1768318406560760224

Funny that he's addressing this but is letting the VP stuff hang out there lol

Glad he said something at least, though I still believe the report on balance because he's a nutjob.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
I would never say those things that got Alex Jones sued to oblivion, and I never will!

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Professor Funk posted:

Glad he said something at least, though I still believe the report on balance because he's a nutjob.

Note he doesn't actually deny the report.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It really makes a lot more sense to sign Smith and draft a WR at 10 than to pay any of the current FA WR's.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

It really makes a lot more sense to sign Smith and draft a WR at 10 than to pay any of the current FA WR's.

I think that's probably right. I think you'd still want a WR3 signing of some sort in that scenario though, because you can never be sure how quickly a first round WR will get things in gear.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

torgeaux posted:

Note he doesn't actually deny the report.

Remember what he said about his covid vaccination lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

I think that's probably right. I think you'd still want a WR3 signing of some sort in that scenario though, because you can never be sure how quickly a first round WR will get things in gear.
I'm not convinced we get one of MHJ, Nabers, Odunze just sitting at 10. At which point you're forced to reluctantly draft OT2/3 and sit him behind Tyron Smith and Moses.

Not the worst outcome, but still not ideal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

They are going to sign a WR3 and play/pay him as a WR2.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm not convinced we get one of MHJ, Nabers, Odunze just sitting at 10. At which point you're forced to reluctantly draft OT2/3 and sit him behind Tyron Smith and Moses.

Not the worst outcome, but still not ideal.

Don't think it needs to be MHJ/Nabers/Odunze. There are a ton of good WRs in this class. You could take Brock Bowers or even Brian Thomas to be your second pass catcher there and it would be a fine outcome. Or you could trade back if someone is trying to move up a little bit for a QB.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Here's Zach Wilson's generic Florham Park townhouse for sale if you're interested.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/165-Ridgedale-Ave-UNIT-6-Florham-Park-NJ-07932/324183280_zpid/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Here's Zach Wilson's generic Florham Park townhouse for sale if you're interested.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/165-Ridgedale-Ave-UNIT-6-Florham-Park-NJ-07932/324183280_zpid/

lol @ 950k for that