Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m genuinely emotional that G-1.0 won. What a loving achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m genuinely emotional that G-1.0 won. What a loving achievement.

They did more with less than any other nominee.i mean, you might argue the results in Guardians, but they had, what, 20 times the budget? No question, the greatest accomplishment was from the G -1 team.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Godzilla is the scrappy film that did.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I just need that loving US 4K/blu/anything release to happen already.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Happy for Godzilla, the king!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Hot drat, long live The King!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Can't wait for the statues with G -1 in a tux holding his Oscar

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Does he have a Hollywood walk of fame star yet cause he should

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hallo spacedog posted:

Does he have a Hollywood walk of fame star yet cause he should

He got one like in 2008

Also

https://x.com/tatsujinojima/status/1767007193159614850?s=20

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Not bad. The director and the screenwriter for Minus One took home an Oscar, winning in every category it was nominated in. Not every day a film can say that.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/toho_movie/status/1767024166644204025

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Really happy for em, well deserved. Toho better capitalize on this by giving us that blu-ray!!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Nelzonis2/status/1766994833388847533?t=5QXhqcMPHaR0mli4-hzTIg&s=19

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Sorry to post again with nothing new to say, except this is really, really loving cool and I’m going to sleep tonight with a smile on my face.

I joke the Oscars mean poo poo really, but I’m still so glad and proud for them, for this recognition.

I literally never, ever envisioned a G-film winning an Oscar. So kudos!

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Some friends are saw Minus One and are interested in watching one of the "classic" Godzilla movies. I was trying to decide which one to recommend.

All of them saw and enjoyed Minus One, and a couple saw and enjoyed Shin. Some have seen the Legendary Pictures films and thought they were alright. But none of them have seen any of the 'ol Rubber Suit.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
'54

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All Monsters Attack :sickos:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I was thinking about '54, but I kind of wanted to showcase some of the funny/campy aspects of the series. Shin/Minus One are more serious/dramatic, which overlaps with the tone of' 54 a bit.

Not sure that 54 is a bad choice at all, I just was thinking of trying something wildly different.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1767156336410738976?t=9YqHNRSS6vSD5jBMMDJfHA&s=19

He's beautiful

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Annath posted:

I was thinking about '54, but I kind of wanted to showcase some of the funny/campy aspects of the series. Shin/Minus One are more serious/dramatic, which overlaps with the tone of' 54 a bit.

Not sure that 54 is a bad choice at all, I just was thinking of trying something wildly different.

If you want campy as gently caress Godzilla Vs. Megalon is :discourse:

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Annath posted:

Any of the Heisei films would work for this, maybe start with 84? The tone is very serious, but it also has stuff like the Super X. Or go straight to Vs. Mechagodzilla 2?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Oh yeah, found this in my history..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvuD5bPYimU

Apologies if you've seen it already, it's just a 20-or-so minute film about the making of Minus One with the director and a couple of the lead actors.

Goes over some reactions of the lead actor/actress and how they viewed their roles, plus some time on the VFX.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://x.com/Readful_Things/status/1767612154226635254?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeDbyVODQ5M

Clearest view of Shimo among other fun blink and you miss it moments. Also Scar King is just getting owned in the previews already it ain’t looking good for the new monkey.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress that new monke. He’s a bitch

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I am literally going to the movie to watch Big G and Kong utterly style on the new monke, just gently caress his poo poo up in the most over-the-top way possible. Elbow and running knee drop from Godzilla, Lucha Underground poo poo from Kong. Alas, it's pg-13 so my dream of seeing Godzilla atomic firebreath his junk off his probably not gonna happen, best for everyone I think, but a man can dream!

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
The basic concept of there now being, like, hundreds of King Kongs is really annoying.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Man, if the word bubbles weren't so tiny that would make a helluva animated av.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The basic concept of there now being, like, hundreds of King Kongs is really annoying.

A king needs his subjects.

(yeah, MonsterVerse has definitely taken a turn)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/brndnstrssng/status/1768008091159711778?s=46&t=uiUehxbkNdNcN0PmfZ4Vaw

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'd watch that film.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

:agreed:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

imagine being annoyed at more monke.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
If I wanted more monke I’d watch Planet of the Apes

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If I wanted more monke I’d watch Planet of the Apes

Those are far too small.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Man, if the word bubbles weren't so tiny that would make a helluva animated av.

And the 'raws' if you want to cobble it together with different timing or resize it yourself

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

KOTM set a bad example with there being like 17 other kaiju in addition to the big 4. now we just have to keep upping the sakes past the point of absurdity

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

King Kong's whole thing is that he's a tragic remnant of a lost epoch. The last of his kind... besides Son of Kong, of course.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
King kongs the last of his kind

Oh wait hes just stupid and forgot how to travel to the hollow earth where there is a giant ape society who didnt get involved in kotm because of reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
It’s also another aspect of tripling down on the dumb hollow earth bullshit.