Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Xaris posted:

what breaks more brains: podcasts or vtubes

Podcasts for sure for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fine. I went and read the posts in usce and I can't believe the fascist sinophobes are buying g the propaganda line hook line and sinker

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

Fine. I went and read the posts in usce and I can't believe the fascist sinophobes are buying g the propaganda line hook line and sinker

shocked pikachu growing increasingly shocked until the universe is pure electricity

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

aw frig aw dang it posted:

gjb swimming in reports like scrooge mcduck

I also wasn't kidding, the admin said they just need him back because the dnd reports are enormous and he does the heavy lifting lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i dont think the usa and china wil go to war. economies too interlinked & everyone loves chinese babes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

really queer Christmas posted:

I also wasn't kidding, the admin said they just need him back because the dnd reports are enormous and he does the heavy lifting lol

realist forums governance

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

lol he loves that poo poo. sitting down to a giant plate of reports with a napkin tucked into his collar and a knife & fork

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

aw frig aw dang it posted:

lol he loves that poo poo. sitting down to a giant plate of reports with a napkin tucked into his collar and a knife & fork

i love it too, its great fun

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Smythe posted:

i dont think the usa and china wil go to war. economies too interlinked & everyone loves chinese babes

Check this thread out
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4036386&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Seems it is a problem the admins created amd if they want it fixed should do something about d&d and those who make endless reports.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

tristeham posted:

full support for their crusade againt the d&d fascists then.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It is so cool we had this massive struggle session about Russian supporters in cspam that ended with a bunch of decent posters getting nuked, but we can have an entire subforum of zionists support the Palestinian genocide.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Xaris posted:

shocked pikachu growing increasingly shocked until the universe is pure electricity

It ain't about that though. The usa government stated like yesterday or the day before that a tiktok ban was about information getting out about what is happening in Gaza. You can't tell me that as much as those freaks read the news they don't know this. So why would Leon Trotsky 2012, who already got into trouble for pro-zionism in the d&d thread, be in support of this ban?

🤔

selec
Sep 6, 2003

dumbest thing about banning tiktok now is even if it passes and biden signs it, then it's going to be immediately held up in the courts, at least long enough to go past the election. so now you got an entire app that is on death row, and the people on that app know that a big part of it was being pro-palestine. so now they get to hang around, you've given them a cause to fight for during election season, and you also want to have youth brand ambassadors on that same app trying to pitch for your election campaign. lollllllllll.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

selec posted:

so now they get to hang around, you've given them a cause to fight for during election season, and you also want to have youth brand ambassadors on that same app trying to pitch for your election campaign. lollllllllll.
california voter turnout for 18-30 demographic was somewhere around 2% despite being almost mandatory mail-in ballots for everyone

dont think dems have to worry about them. they'll get more money from mark zuckyberg and other 'moderate' sinophobes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://www.wsj.com/tech/why-the-new-effort-to-ban-tiktok-caught-fire-with-lawmakers-7cd3f980?mod=RSSMSN

quote:

Gallagher is well-liked by Democrats and his GOP colleagues and respected as an expert on the issue. His efforts appeared to stall in 2023, but were revived in part by the fallout from the Oct. 7 attack by Hamas on Israel, according to people close to TikTok and people close to lawmakers. TikTok’s users quickly inundated the platform with videos about the attack and Israel’s war on Gaza. Some lawmakers said TikTok appeared to favor pro-Palestinian and anti-Israel content, and renewed calls to ban the app in the U.S.

TikTok’s spokeswoman said that the videos that lawmakers are concerned about were created by its users, and the company argued it has been fair in moderating pro-Israel and pro-Palestinian videos.

“Oct. 7 really opened people’s eyes to what’s happening on TikTok” and its “differential treatment of different topics,” said Krishnamoorthi, adding that the coming election also fueled concerns. “People are concerned about interference using TikTok.”

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

DaysBefore posted:

It's so loving good. Highly recommend people click on the mfing podcast subforum every now and then just tonsee what they're up too

the cum town thread is back there and still funny

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

begged lobster to hand out a two week probe because he is too lazy to keep up the chain

lobster shirt posted:

lol i undertook that out of my own volition when i woke up this mornign and saw that user had been reported five times in the like one hour gap between probations. unacceptable.

i was happy to continue the chain but i was very transparent with our ik contest winner that i will not be setting my alarm for 3am to keep unbroken chains.

anyways, people escaping between the gaps of a chain to become more and more deranged for small periods of time before they are annihilated again is one of the best parts of a chain probe...

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

no it's bad lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

speng31b posted:

i was happy to continue the chain but i was very transparent with our ik contest winner that i will not be setting my alarm for 3am to keep unbroken chains.

anyways, people escaping between the gaps of a chain to become more and more deranged for small periods of time before they are annihilated again is one of the best parts of a chain probe...

the anti dog brit poster i chained hasn't posted since lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

every time i see bobby kotick's name i thimk of this post and smile

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

bobby kotick is a fat gay retard

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

debatable

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

Lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

16bbh is right

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lobster shirt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE-Bxl3XZWc

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

I’m not usually one to leap to advocating for a perma… but I mean, come on.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

the anti dog brit poster i chained hasn't posted since lol

Great work

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
whoa i looked over and majoran is getting his asskicked. 🦭 💥 🔫

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

yep

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

he of everyone knows better and yet he wont stop, a true poster's heart

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

one of the worst threads on the forums

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Majorian is being pwned by the most obnoxious nerd we've ever produced lmfao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

How many days after a post can a mod no longer probe?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Mr Hootington posted:

How many days after a post can a mod no longer probe?

may i conduct an experiment upon one of your old posts

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

true, depends on how much cum is in your heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i dont think majorian is being pwned at all. i contend hes owning his enemies actually. they look foolish.. facile... insipid even