Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cythereal posted:

I found the first part, including the highly instructive comments. Didn't know there was a followup.

Yeah it didn't take him long to blow the whole thing up.

r/legaladvice: [CA] Girl lies to owner of local hobby store and now I'm banned?

quote:

Hi. I'll try to keep this brief.

I usually spend my Fridays at a local hobby store playing D&D and MTG. Over the years I have been playing there, I got a crush on one of the employees, A. She has a boyfriend, R, but I felt like I had to say something or I'd regret it, so I did.

She told me she was "flattered" but not interested. I'm not the type to give up, and my dad told me persistence pays off, so I started bringing her flowers every day. Both at her work and her apartment. (I didn't stalk her, She lives close to the store and I've seen her walk home a few times.)

She took me aside on Monday and told me that she felt it would be best if I dropped out of the D&D group she runs for the store. I asked her if she was also kicking R out of the group, she said no, claiming that I was harassing her.

Tuesday I went in and complained to the store owner, telling him about the situation, and how it's unfair that she is kicking me for having feelings for her, but not her boyfriend. I told him how unprofessional it is to hang out with her boyfriend at work. The owner told me he'd "investigate" and asked for my phone number so he could get back to me.

This morning I got a phone call from him, that after speaking with A and the other employees, I'm 'harassing' her, and he's decided to ban me from the store. I tried to tell him they were lying to him but he hung up on me.

I want to sue him for punishing me for something I didn't do. Is there a specific type of attorney that specializes in this? Does the fact that I'm black and the rest of them are white give me any grounds for a discrimination lawsuit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy :allears: That said, this was 6 years ago, hopefully he's grown up by now in both age and mentality.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
“I didn’t stalk her, I just happened to see her go home a few times” is so frighteningly common.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Defiance Industries posted:

Don't forget "half the stages aren't allowed and items off is the only REAL way to play the game."

I tried watching a Youtube video on why/how they banned the stages, and they showed a tournament where a bunch of random wild bullshit swung the competition, with every video/picture/account showing everyone involved having a blast with the whole thing and thinking the dumb random stuff ruled.

I closed the video when the narrator said that this was of course completely unacceptable and an absolute disgrace.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It’s been almost thirty years since the first one and yet there’s always some rear end in a top hat that starts yelling “NO ITEMS!” upon seeing the title screen.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I would have won if it wasn't for that loving BLUE SHELL ARRRGHHH

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

You can probably guess how often new people join the Melee community from that fact alone, and the game is 23 years old.

Forgive me, but I must leave, as my skeleton is withering to dust :corsair:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

quote:

I didn't stalk her, She lives close to the store and I've seen her walk home a few times

:gonk:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Forgive me, but I must leave, as my skeleton is withering to dust :corsair:

someone who just joined the forums is 7 years younger than my SA account

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
If my Tumblr feed is to be believed, the Tekken community is composed exclusively of trans people who, while lovely, will go off on weird Tekken 8 meta tangents several times a day

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The whole "leaving flowers at work/home/car" thing must have been a common piece of advice in guides of gentlemen etiquette at some point because it's an extremely common trope in lovely romcoms.

Granted, the man doing it is usually rich and hot so as to make it clear its a 'good' thing , not a proto-incel child.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

“I didn’t stalk her, I just happened to see her go home a few times” is so frighteningly common.

"Downtown train"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Bubblyblubber posted:

If my Tumblr feed is to be believed, the Tekken community is composed exclusively of trans people who, while lovely, will go off on weird Tekken 8 meta tangents several times a day

that and dudes abusing the dress up system to turn their fighter into a huge featureless cube so you can't tell what they're doing, which is equal parts hilarious and infurating just like when soul calibur had it happen a few years ago

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for lying about my sex dungeon?

quote:

Throwaway account.

I (25F) and my husband (26F) were on vacation, and we were grabbing lunch at a cute outdoor spot. A bunch of teenage kids were being completely disrespectful of our personal space and while we were eating they were standing right next to us having a conversation and putting their hands on our table, completely oblivious that other people other than themselves existed. My husband and I were very annoyed by this, so I started very loudly asking him how our sex dungeon was coming along. At first he was thrown off by this and didn't know what I was talking about, but then he started joining in and started talking about where to put our (nonexistent) collection of butt plugs and strap-ons.
This is where I may be the rear end in a top hat - although my husband and I got a good laugh out of it and the teenagers DID leave us alone after that, I was telling my friend about this today and she said I was a complete rear end in a top hat for lying about having a sex dungeon just to get some teenagers to go away from us. So Reddit, am I the rear end in a top hat here?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Besides Smash and Tekken, you have the Melty Blood crowd, which comprises of the same twelve people randomly appearing at different convention hotel rooms and bathrooms, because thats the only place they can play the game

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023
As an owner of a sex dungeon I'm offended. My culture isn't a costume.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

DemoneeHo posted:

Besides Smash and Tekken, you have the Melty Blood crowd, which comprises of the same twelve people randomly appearing at different convention hotel rooms and bathrooms, because thats the only place they can play the game

In my experience from going to a few events, Smash players smell worse than you can possibly imagine, Tekken players are Brazil’s largest voter bloc, and everyone else is just Justin Wong wearing various costumes.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
AITA for telling my stepmother she's not my mom and I am not going to give her that mother/daughter experience?

quote:

My stepmother married my dad when I (17f) was 10 and my mom died when I was 5. My stepmother and my dad have 3 sons together and no daughters. My stepmother always wanted a daughter though and when she married my dad she tried really hard to take over in the role of mom. I never wanted her to be. That's not a her specific thing. I wouldn't have allowed anyone else in to be my mom. Still I liked my stepmother for the first couple of years and other than a couple of annoying things; she tried to give me a more girly nickname because my name is more unisex and her talk of being a new mom. It got more strained though when my oldest half brother was born just over a year after my dad and stepmother got married.

Once he was born she asked me if she could adopt me and if I would like to be "her little girl" and I said no. My dad asked me to talk to him about it and I told him nobody else could be my mom. He mentioned legal stuff and I said I didn't want the legal protections from adoptions and wouldn't choose my stepmother if he died anyway. My dad understood and he told me as long as I treat her respectfully, he wouldn't push the issue. He talked to his wife about it and told her the adoption was off the table and that she wasn't to bring it up again.

My stepmother went crazy after that. She was always trying to sign us up for mother/daughter trips and tried to spend more and more time with me. She would come up with random trips or experiences for us to do together and she started cutting my chores and responsibilities that I did before I knew her. She admitted she wanted to show me how great having a mom again could be. I told her I didn't want her doing that stuff. Then I started making excuses and getting out of spending any time with her. She had my second half brother and was growing more depressed that we never spent time together anymore. After my third half brother was born she really got intense. It didn't help that she found out I had gone to my grandma over her with my first period and I hadn't mentioned getting periods to her at that point. I had them for 3ish years at that point. She had this whole talk planned and was upset that I had skipped it with her and went to someone else. She was also upset that I didn't experiment with makeup really or go to her for makeup/hair advice.

Last week my stepmother told me she wanted to be the one I go prom dress shopping with. She told me it's a huge milestone for mom's and daughters and she refuses to let us miss out. I told her I'd go with my friends when the time comes and she was upset and told me she wants this to be a nice mother/daughter experience. I told her she's not my mom and I'm not going to give her this mother/daughter experience. I told her she's not going to get any of those, because she's not my mom and I don't want her to be.

She got really upset and I heard her and my dad fight about it. He told her she can't force that on me. She said I should be more willing to let her in. AITA?

quote:

Yes, she always had this idea that she would have at least one little girl and she tried to make me that before she had kids, but it got so much worse when she couldn't have her own. This was about fulfilling a wish of hers. Makes me feel bad for my half brothers because she has put a lot more effort into me than into them.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

AnoHito posted:

I tried watching a Youtube video on why/how they banned the stages, and they showed a tournament where a bunch of random wild bullshit swung the competition, with every video/picture/account showing everyone involved having a blast with the whole thing and thinking the dumb random stuff ruled.

I closed the video when the narrator said that this was of course completely unacceptable and an absolute disgrace.

There's one video where a commentator is previewing new stages and having a laugh because all of them are going to be banned. "OH IS THAT A WALK OFF? BANNED" goes through my head now and then

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

DemoneeHo posted:

Meanwhile in street fighter.
AITA for not letting her son beat me in a tournament for $500

quote:

I (M 16) play and take fighting games seriously and I wanted to try and play in a cash tournament for $500. Where I am there’s no big events where I live like EVO so when I saw there was a fighting game tournament where I live I had to sign up. When I got there there was little about 30 people in this gaming store so the owner of the store had to make more rules like each player has to run a set of 5 to make it longer and more fun. ( for people that doesn’t know a set is when to players keep on playing until they lose or win and they have the chance to fight them again.) then the event started I was doing good on the first half of the event winning most of my games. Then I made it to the quarterfinals and that’s when I ran into the kid. His mom was right next him because he looked really young around 10-12 but I didn’t mind it at all. The first game started and I could clearly tell he doesn’t know what he is doing. He was jumping every time he could to move and to fight so I started to counter him every time we he jumped towards me and I could tell that he was getting mad because he started to hit his buttons even harder like it will make the character hit harder. After the whole set I one of course and he didn’t take the lost to well because he started crying and making a scene in front of everyone and his mom started to yell at me saying “why didn’t you let my son win the game!” And I had to tell her that “I wasn’t gonna let him win and beat me because it was a tournament and it was for $500”. It got broken up quickly because of the owner stepping in to break up the mother that was all in my face. But the kid didn’t stop he just kept on yelling and almost broke the controller that the store owner let him borrow and it’s not like some basic PS5 controller is was a razor kitsune and that’s not cheap (around $300 - $330) but some guy that was also playing took it out of the kids hand. The owner took the mother and the kid out the store and we just continued where we left off like that whole thing never happen. So I’m wondering AITA for not letting him win and enjoy his first ever tournament or did I do the right thing

AITA for telling my parents and my pregnant sister that I will not babyproof my area of the house and saying that I will be locking them out instead?

quote:

My parents live in the in-law suit of my house. They pay rent to help me cover the mortgage but the house is completely mine. Their rent is $600 a month. That includes all utilities including internet and streaming services.

My older sister is pregnant again, yay, and she needs a place to stay as her baby daddy bailed out and moved back to Romania without her. My parents agreed to let her stay with them. They did not ask me but, like I said, they pay rent and can do as they wish with their living area.

My parents have full run of my house except for my bedroom and my office. My dad likes to putter in the garage and plays with my dog. My mom likes to bake in my kitchen and work in the garden. The basement has a kitchen but it is small and mine is just better all around.

Nope, they want me to babyproof my levels of the house. I asked why I would need to do this as the kids would 100% NOT be in my area. My mom said that it would not be fair to keep the kids cooped up in the basement all day. I said that there was a huge yard, and sunroom for them to spend time in if they really wanted. My sister said that she couldn't spend all her time cramped up like that with three kids. I asked when she found out she was having twins. She shut up. I dragged it out of them that she was planning on watching her friend's toddler for money. I said I did not have insurance for her to run a business out of my house. She said it was all under the table and that she needed money.

This was when I said that I would be taking the keys to my area back from my parents and I was also going to change the locks. I said that I agreed to let my parents live with me to help them out. They agreed to let her move in because she is an irresponsible wench that can't understand birth control. I never agreed to let her use my house as a day home. I know I do not want three kids here along with four adults. Well three adults and a pregnant dumbass. (I thought this but did not say it)

My mom is mad that I am going to lock them out of my area but my dad understands. The thing is I would let him keep a key but my mom would get it from him and she would give it to my sister. I said I would leave the garage lock the same and that was good enough for him.

My mom and my sister are upset and giving me the silent treatment. My mom got my dad to ask me if they paid for the insurance if my sister could watch her friend's kid. I agreed but I did say that they should get my sister to pay it.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

Bubblyblubber posted:

Pretty sure that's a feature of Tumblr, not Tekken.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fighting game dude's only mistake was not telling the mommas boy "welcome to the real world"

Cerekk posted:

Pretty sure that's a feature of Tumblr, not Tekken.

Yeah thats tumblr, see also what they seem to think Breaking Bad is about.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

three adults and a pregnant dumbass

Getting really tired of this edgy prequel trend

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Kurieg posted:

AITA for telling my parents and my pregnant sister that I will not babyproof my area of the house and saying that I will be locking them out instead?

ESH. Mom doesn't respect boundaries, Dad is a doormat, Sister seems to be full-on 'better to ask forgiveness than permission'. While OP is in the right, he's also being a real rear end in a top hat about it, and I get the impression even if his sister was in a stable relationship with her own home, he'd be mad at her for something else and never want his nieces/nephews to visit.

"My older sister is pregnant again, yay, " "she is an irresponsible wench" "Well three adults and a pregnant dumbass"

I bet this guy owned a fedora and said 'milady' until someone told him they were red flags, but he doesn't understand why they were so just dropped those and didn't actually examine his behaviour.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm just gonna post this in response to the Smash story

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it is more of a party game

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Kurieg posted:

Meanwhile in street fighter.
AITA for not letting her son beat me in a tournament for $500

I found footage of this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RkapfBYIfc

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Uh, this clearly can't be the match because this is online and not an in-person tournament? the actual footage is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJU8u10FhM0

(full respect to skullzer here, he came back to evo a couple years later and rematched with Strider and they both had a good time)

Mushmouth
Feb 21, 2004
Urban Tumbleweed

Wait am I not supposed to relentlessly dunk on my friends and be dunkt upon in return when we play stuff? Because I'm terrible at Mario Kart and must take joy in being in the back with all the blue shells, hootin and hollerin at my suffering betters.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Cythereal posted:

I found the first part, including the highly instructive comments. Didn't know there was a followup.

I [17M] am in love with the GM of my weekly D&D group [32F]. How do I tell her?

This guy is reminding me of a couple guys I've known in the past who got loving creepy about me. Both of them would tell others that they wished my husband was dead so they had a chance with me. I only knew because those people were concerned for his safety so they brought it up with us to make us aware. One of them one day begged for several minutes for me to get into his car after spotting me at a bus stop on the opposite side of the city, which I knew would be the biggest mistake of my life. A stranger on a motorcycle even checked on me to ask if I was okay after he witnessed it. I've been followed and harassed by strangers too. And it's not like I'm hot or anything, I appear a lot more innocent and naive and younger than I actually am, and I'm usually in public by myself, so I think I'm presumed to be an easy target.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mushmouth posted:

Wait am I not supposed to relentlessly dunk on my friends and be dunkt upon in return when we play stuff? Because I'm terrible at Mario Kart and must take joy in being in the back with all the blue shells, hootin and hollerin at my suffering betters.

Heck I am going to go shoot some layups

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Cythereal posted:

I [17M] am in love with the GM of my weekly D&D group [32F]. How do I tell her?

quote:

I'm pretty sure she has some kind of feelings for me, because she's bought me dinner a few times on game night,
I read that as "She bought pizza a few times for the table" and he's making it A Thing.

I also forgot she worked at the store.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Kitfox88 posted:

that and dudes abusing the dress up system to turn their fighter into a huge featureless cube so you can't tell what they're doing, which is equal parts hilarious and infurating just like when soul calibur had it happen a few years ago

dudes rock

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

The context isn't particularly interesting but just know that the OP is indeed an easily manipulated moron.

quote:

You loving idiot. You utter empty headed buffoon. You deserve to be some psycho narcissists plaything. There aren't enough apologies in the universe to undo the total nuclear holocaust you have unleashed on your marriage. Stupid stupid stupid. Unbelievably stupid. You deserve what happens next.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Herbotron posted:

The context isn't particularly interesting but just know that the OP is indeed an easily manipulated moron.

Was he basically brainwashed into cheating?

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Crocobile posted:

Was he basically brainwashed into cheating?

She's being mind controlled by her "friend" into believing he cheated with said friend, despite substantial evidence pointing to the contrary.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Elfface posted:

ESH. Mom doesn't respect boundaries, Dad is a doormat, Sister seems to be full-on 'better to ask forgiveness than permission'. While OP is in the right, he's also being a real rear end in a top hat about it, and I get the impression even if his sister was in a stable relationship with her own home, he'd be mad at her for something else and never want his nieces/nephews to visit.

"My older sister is pregnant again, yay, " "she is a irresponsible wench" "Well three adults and a pregnant dumbass"

I bet this guy owned a fedora and said 'milady' until someone told him they were red flags, but he doesn't understand why they were so just dropped those and didn't actually examine his behaviour.

It's pretty gross you just assume the gender of the OP like that. Have some concern for people who may not fit your narrow-minded worldview.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Runcible Cat posted:

drat I want those booty shorts.

:same:

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm just gonna post this in response to the Smash story

I assume this guy is complete poo poo at Smash, because that list absolutely reads like he's a sore loser whose response to every loss is to whine "waaaaa unfair, that loss doesn't count, that was cheap and should be banned! screw this, I'm making my own tourney without anything cheap".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

pentyne posted:

It's pretty gross you just assume the gender of the OP like that. Have some concern for people who may not fit your narrow-minded worldview.

Making poo poo up about the stories is half the posts here.