Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Oneiros posted:

love getting wrecked by bile titans because neither of the two spears we brought would even acknowledge their existence (or, on the rare occasion they deigned to lock on, would miss)

the two pelicans dropping off our mechs autocannoning each other and going down in flaming wrecks was the cherry on top :allears:
Spear is so good when it locks, too bad it's basically playing russian roulette on whether or not it's going to work at any given moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Schwawa posted:

There's at least one light +grenade armor in the Superstore rotation. It looks pretty good too at least imo

Light armor forever, +2 nades for bug missions + armor for bot missions.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Oneiros posted:

the two pelicans dropping off our mechs autocannoning each other and going down in flaming wrecks was the cherry on top :allears:

Lol, I had no idea this was even possible. :patriot: I was already kinda wondering if they had at some point planned for the Shredder Tank to shoot down SEAF aircraft since it kinda looks like an AA platform.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The 500kg should ricochet off bile titans with an appropriate *bonk* sound effect.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Huckabee Sting posted:

I tend to like the impact grenades but I really struggle using them on the holes.

https://i.imgur.com/NM64vEz.mp4

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Just got killed by a teammate's arc thrower 8 times in 10 minutes. That gun is one of the most free things I have ever seen.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Triarii posted:

This was probably my saltiest BT non-kill, come on

https://i.imgur.com/2iSMs9p.mp4

I'm starting to get on board with the idea that the 500kg mostly does damage above it rather than around it. They seem to work a lot more consistently when they hit the ground.

500kg is for divers who can dance. You call it at your feet right before you taunt the titan into barfing at you or do the crush dance at you.

Insert footloose dancing montages except helldiver helmet and a 500kg blowing up a titan.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

FunkyFjord posted:

Just got killed by a teammate's arc thrower 8 times in 10 minutes. That gun is one of the most free things I have ever seen.

But I'm not even online?

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Something between heavy armour and the mech as a strategem, which is balanced by the armour being ablative and also being slower than normal would be ace. Yes I want to be a space marine/firebat.

edit: a pubbie who had already dinged me twice by being a berk with the arc thrower killed himself with a grenade launcher and seemed to blame us for it cause he got so mad he ragequit. This left two of us doing a 7 alone and we didn't really die after they left.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

BeAuMaN posted:

500kg is for divers who can dance. You call it at your feet right before you taunt the titan into barfing at you or do the crush dance at you.

Insert footloose dancing montages except helldiver helmet and a 500kg blowing up a titan.

I think that's what I did there (baited the barf, threw it, ran) my aim was simply too good and I couldn't help but score the headshot

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm kinda torn between splitting into pairs on 7+ and sticking together to push objectives. In duos I don't have to worry as much about my brain bucket becoming a literal brain bucket from one of my fireteam getting a bit over enthusiastic in spreading Democracy, but you do apparently get significantly less patrols on your rear end if you don't split up. (it's a literal halving of random patrols to stick together vs split. splitting creates a new bucket of spawn points for spawning a patrol)

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Please tag me!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Eediot Jedi posted:

The 500kg should ricochet off bile titans with an appropriate *bonk* sound effect.

Lol the "oh poo poo my grenade bounced back at me run!" bit escalated to a 500kg bomb sounds pretty funny

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
They really should give a laser designator to the spear backpack. That would be much more consistent then trying to lock on yourself and encourage team play.

In BF4 using the SOFLAM and just annihilating enemy vehicles from just out of their spawn was hilarious.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Multiple bile titan spawns should provide us with a hellbomb calldown.

Also, the automaton sauron towers are tough as hell. Took two hellbombs to finally knock it down. I’m assuming the first one glitched.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao, a suicide automaton two-man extermination mission ended in the entire battalion of tanks and dreadnaughts dropping. We won on last reinforce by luring a few into their own minefield, then I threw my buddy's reinforce directly onto the evac point and I went down guns blazing

I love this game

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Triarii posted:

This was probably my saltiest BT non-kill, come on

https://i.imgur.com/2iSMs9p.mp4

I'm starting to get on board with the idea that the 500kg mostly does damage above it rather than around it. They seem to work a lot more consistently when they hit the ground.

Very frustrating considering that so many guns treat the face as a weak spot.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

The deplorable shield might be great for reflecting bile spit but I was disappointed by it against bots. It’s nice for long range small scale engagements but for anything dangerous where you really want cover to buy time like vs heavy devastators or tanks it gets melted in seconds. Not awful but it made me wish I had an airstrike instead, or just a personal shield which has a lot of the same benefits but without the 90s cooldown or deployment time.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Eediot Jedi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDLmYZ5HqgM

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Insert name here posted:

Spear is so good when it locks, too bad it's basically playing russian roulette on whether or not it's going to work at any given moment

tbh, outside of using it at extreme range vs bot facilities without having to worry about positioning, i dunno if it's worth taking over the recoiless or EATs even if the targeting system wasn't designed and built by anti-liberty saboteurs. especially vs bugs, where you really don't want to be wasting limited ammo on body shots vs chargers and titans now

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
diff 9 termicides are real rough. feel like I need to go flamethrower to clear many chargers+some crowd clear on bugs that get onto the tower, rover, 2 stratagems that're good against titans...

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZORE-wxQL18

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

This is right up there with Super Troopers and Waiting... Things people think are spoofs but really aren't!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

LazyMaybe posted:

diff 9 termicides are real rough. feel like I need to go flamethrower to clear many chargers+some crowd clear on bugs that get onto the tower, rover, 2 stratagems that're good against titans...

The stun orbital/mortar is pretty decent to buy time.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Please anoint me with these glorious democratic markings.

Suicide Mission difficulty got extra sweaty today, I didn't blink for about 5 minutes

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time
Edit: I am stupid and thought I was in another thread

Randal fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 14, 2024

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

Please anoint me with these glorious democratic markings.

Suicide Mission difficulty got extra sweaty today, I didn't blink for about 5 minutes

I know the patch was supposed to reduce charger/titan spawns but yeah, level 7 and 8 bug missions have been extra nuts since the patch with somehow more of both than pre-patch.

At least I can headshot chargers now with EATs.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
FWIW I've attempted a diff 5 run on the TCS missions and it would still spawn like a charger every wave so I'm now doubting they nerfed that spawn rate

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I feel like they replaced the reduced Bile Titans and Chargers with more spewers of every type and frankly that might actually be worse in some respects.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Once you know the new maps a mix of mech and mines can deny a very large portion of each battery. Evac is even easier with 100% high ground.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Warbadger posted:

I know the patch was supposed to reduce charger/titan spawns but yeah, level 7 and 8 bug missions have been extra nuts since the patch with somehow more of both than pre-patch.

I think what happened is they increased the spawn counts of the tiny and medium bugs while dropping the spawn rate of Chargers and BTs. Any given bug can spawn a bug hole, which can potentially spawn a charger or a titan, so you get lower chance a given bughole spawns a big bug, but more bugholes it seems, it's a wash overall or an increase in general from what i've seen. I find myself getting overwhelmed a lot more often with how many small and medium bugs there are, poo poo looks evaccing from Planet P.

Huckabee Sting
Oct 2, 2006

A stolen King, a burning ego, and a gas station katana.

How'd you get this footage?! I had my lawyers wipe it from the internet!

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

I've resigned myself to grenade launcher or air strike to deal with these so I can save my precious impact grenades for blowing myself up.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Warbadger posted:

Yeah, I killed about 15 chargers with the rail gun/orbitals in this round, it was absolutely chaos at one point towards the end as we were moving the SSD up to the transmission site. We had 3 bile titans on screen + many other spewers and chargers and I ran about 200km in the last 10 minutes of the match kiting them around, but forgot to check my distance traveled.

I also notice that my GPU (2070S) is running (much) hotter post-patch than it was before, I had to cap my frames at 100 in the nvidia control panel to keep from getting into the 80s C.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The breaker is still insanely good, especially with the increased hunter numbers we're seeing. You barely have to aim and can delete entire large groups of them with a single mag

It's good against regular bits too, just struggles a bit with devastators

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

LazyMaybe posted:

The trick is to realize you don't actually need to kill things so much as get their attention away from the tower. If it's not too heavy its very possible to just kite enemies around the silo and get the clear. Throwing explosives at it seems to make it unstable in my experience, so it's best not to airstrike it too much.

Get the attention of titans and make sure they don't spit on the silo and you're pretty much good. Melee enemies should be shot off if possible. Chargers just chase you around without doing anything (though they can lead to a death if they block your path). The most dangerous things are probably the bile mortars but they don't spawn in every map.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

orange juche posted:

I think what happened is they increased the spawn counts of the tiny and medium bugs while dropping the spawn rate of Chargers and BTs. Any given bug can spawn a bug hole, which can potentially spawn a charger or a titan, so you get lower chance a given bughole spawns a big bug, but more bugholes it seems, it's a wash overall or an increase in general from what i've seen. I find myself getting overwhelmed a lot more often with how many small and medium bugs there are, poo poo looks evaccing from Planet P.

I think they increased the charger/titan spawn rate accidentally while also adding more smaller bugs on top of that. Definitely seeing more of them after the patch, dealing with more multiple spawns (faster?) and they get replaced much faster when they go down. I killed 5 chargers while leaving the drop-in point last game, as an example. This was all in the first 2 minutes of the game and the guy I was playing with got 2 more.

Either way you keep moving, don't get bogged down trying to hold a patch of useless dirt and it's fine. But it probably should be toned down, it's not fun and it definitely incentivizes a very specific (gofast scout) playstyle.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 14, 2024

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

died laughin at 1:25

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I've only played the TCS missions a couple times on diff7 but I feel like I'm in a completely different world. I haven't had a bile spitter mission yet (put Bile Spitters into every bug mission!) but I've only seen a handful titans on any mission, less than the normal pre-patch numbers of chargers, and I've never seen someone hit the button repeatedly to overwhelm the base because I've never seen any of the objectives fail or drop below 90% hp. I've simply thrown down a sentry, tossed gatling barrages at breechs, and EAT'd anything big. I've only done it with 3-4 man teams and I imagine like eradicate that it gets a lot more unmanageable with only 1-2 people but it's far easier at diff7 than bot scientist evacuation ever was even at diff 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

are there any spots on the charger, rear end aside, that AC rounds won't bounce off while still doing damage? is hitting the ground near a leg going to help break the armor there, possibly?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 14, 2024