Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Saitama and Sweet Mask are very normal.

Only King is exceptional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Watchdog man in exceptional... an exceptionally good boy

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Raw update today is just a single image of Saitama with a note from ONE.

Looks like we're getting a bit of a hiatus and redraws for the last 8 chapters

The Saitama image is pretty though...

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/2550689798289615231

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bucswabe posted:

Looks like we're getting a bit of a hiatus and redraws for the last 8 chapters

lol.

lmao.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
We're getting phoenix man'd again aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Understandable, it's a fight with only ninjas, it could look much faster.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
We pivot back and it's Saitama and Monster Garou sitting at the table in the destroyed house

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

RareAcumen posted:

Understandable, it's a fight with only ninjas, it could look much faster.
He's going to remove all the ninjas from every panel because they're stealthy

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
One of the ninjas is actually Phoenixman after he put on a ski mask

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

We pivot back and it's Saitama and Monster Garou sitting at the table in the destroyed house

The fight we got instead was epic and all, but I'm still kinda pissed they didn't go with this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

there clearly wasn't enough horny or King in these chapters.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

there clearly wasn't enough horny or King in these chapters.

"OR" :raise:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yes.

It's possible to be horny without King around but you can't have King and not be horny.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

syntaxfunction posted:

I thought the animation in season two was fine, the story was just the manga but moving and I'll be honest I'm just here to see *at least* one punch.

The animation was very bad. A lot of the fights the anime adapted were really cool in the manga and the drat still images of the manga conveyed more kinetic force and movement ttn the actual anime.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Never forget the loving hadouken

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

What I remember from S2 was Garo always looking off model because they couldn't decide how wide he should be, and a fair number of scenes where (non Saitama) characters punch with only their arms, not their back, or even shoulders. The "hadoken" is just one example.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kild posted:

lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvjIc-h3mBM

Good break down. I think the thing that kills S2 the most is the frequent off model drawings, and a few too many animation shortcuts even on "sakuga" sequences. Maybe less amibitious shot composition compared with S1 too.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Kild posted:

It's the little off-center fart cloud ki blast that's sending me :discourse:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm not against better animation at all, I just enjoyed season 2 regardless. It was definitely a step down from the first season, but I enjoyed the show too much to rally get upset about the animation.

Now realistically why doesn't someone just ask Murata to redraw season 2? It might kill him, but he'd do it.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
The redraws have begun, raws up, will have to look through and see what's changed

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/14079602755396392866

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Tweets by Murata suggests we’ll get another redraw next week.

He also mentioned that the new versions will be very different, and he’s committed to drawing a “heavenly” battle

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Translation up: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/W3eM8jV/1/1/

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

That is certainly quite different!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh it's aaall the way back there

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
thank god Slaughterous Massacre made the cut

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
itd be funny if the redraw simply added like 50 new redundant ninjas

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
What's the change here? Less ninjas? Blast is suspicious of Saitama? It's been too long, I can't remember.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GodFish posted:

What's the change here? Less ninjas? Blast is suspicious of Saitama? It's been too long, I can't remember.

Have a little look, it's a bit less goofy and we're dropping the focus on eliminating monster human cell fusion to focus on the planet's wellbeing and Garou getting absolutely dismantled by Saitama.

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/0trPtg5/1/1/

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

RareAcumen posted:

Have a little look, it's a bit less goofy and we're dropping the focus on eliminating monster human cell fusion to focus on the planet's wellbeing and Garou getting absolutely dismantled by Saitama.

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/0trPtg5/1/1/

Thanks for the link! I see, it's a bit of a shame to lose the Manako content though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Awww I gotta admit I'm kinda disappointed that Blast is (somewhat) aware of Saitama's power, I liked the idea that he'd gone under his radar.

At least the retcon hasn't changed that earlier chapter panel where Blast is relieved to see that Tatsumaki is safe under the protection of King :bisonyes:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

GodFish posted:

Thanks for the link! I see, it's a bit of a shame to lose the Manako content though.

It might just get added to another redrawn chapter, it felt kinda important and the part with the bear monster seeming to start turning back into a person was cut too.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Jerusalem posted:

Awww I gotta admit I'm kinda disappointed that Blast is (somewhat) aware of Saitama's power, I liked the idea that he'd gone under his radar.

At least the retcon hasn't changed that earlier chapter panel where Blast is relieved to see that Tatsumaki is safe under the protection of King :bisonyes:

I think the implication there is Blast is at least partially aware of the time jump?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I still think Rumbling Thunder should carry a sheet of aluminium to make theatrical thunder noises when he announces his name :colbert:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm not even gonna lie, I don't like the redraws

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

From the first ninja school, Redrawn Character

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Tunicate posted:

From the first ninja school, Redrawn Character

Second-draft Re-draw

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

The best thing to do with a comedy manga, is redraw it to remove the comedy whenever something is funny.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
feels like they are trying to make things more grim and serious retroactively so that when Saitama shows up the impact is even stronger ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Sally posted:

feels like they are trying to make things more grim and serious retroactively so that when Saitama shows up the impact is even stronger ...

we went through like six years of that with the monster association :(

and then they undid the sitting on a futon having tea