Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

credburn posted:

If I'm playing a multiplayer shooty thing and it doesn't allow me to disable cosmetic stuff, I'm not interested.

I want to play a game, not look at silly hats.

I can't think of a single example of a game with paid cosmetics that allows this; what multiplayer shooters do you play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

goferchan posted:

I can't think of a single example of a game with paid cosmetics that allows this; what multiplayer shooters do you play?

The only game I can think of that has that as an option is Street Fighter 6 (which isn't a shooter obviously), and that's because it's arguably a competitive advantage to cover Blanka in a Rathalos costume or whatever.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

mycot posted:

The only game I can think of that has that as an option is Street Fighter 6 (which isn't a shooter obviously), and that's because it's arguably a competitive advantage to cover Blanka in a Rathalos costume or whatever.
I don't get it, why would a visual change be a competitive advantage in a fighting game?
https://twitter.com/ManOfSands/status/1767740224690327584

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Hogama posted:

I don't get it, why would a visual change be a competitive advantage in a fighting game?

Outplayed

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Pick a top tier (outfit)

Orv
May 4, 2011
Honestly extremely on brand for Yoshi players

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

goferchan posted:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hogama posted:

Idgi, those are just two normal Tekken characters? :confused:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

gently caress me, there's a major Steam sale tomorrow. how can valve have a Spring sale if it's not Spring for another week?????

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's one of their themed sales. It's games that have springs in them.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

The Steam these games have sprung a leak and a bunch of their prices came out. Get em now before we refill em sale.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

goferchan posted:

Guild Wars 2 has an option to turn every other player model into generic shapes based on their armor (light/medium/heavy) which is based on class, so just 3 meaningful shapes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hogama posted:

This is just a normal looking Tekken character?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

The 7th Guest posted:

gently caress me, there's a major Steam sale tomorrow. how can valve have a Spring sale if it's not Spring for another week?????

smh global warming :(

Orv
May 4, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

Attack and dethrone the sun

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Baldur's Gate 3 better be on sale that's all I'm gonna say.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Phigs posted:

What're ya gonna do if it's not, dork

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Orv posted:

What're ya gonna do if it's not, dork

Something no one should ever do.

Pay full price for a video game.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

I have never been good at the shooty parts but you can unlock builds that kill everything by crashing into it or by just being constantly on fire

:dawkins101: And here I thought I wouldn't spend any more on Steam this month, god loving damnit

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

So I held off on that Star Wars Battlefront Collection to see how.. aspyr it ended up.

And I’ve woke up this morning to Mostly Negative (21%) from 975 reviews. lol. lmao.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Phigs posted:

I wouldn't hold my breath.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Bumhead posted:

So I held off on that Star Wars Battlefront Collection to see how.. aspyr it ended up.

And I’ve woke up this morning to Mostly Negative (21%) from 975 reviews. lol. lmao.

appears they forgot to include proper servers for a multiplayer game

Orv
May 4, 2011

Phigs posted:

:shittypop:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Phigs posted:

:mods:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

the publishers said games needed to be $70 then made them so bad they had to be instantly discounted so people would buy them

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1349600/Slavania/

What's with the sudden inflow of slavic-themed games in the recent months?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The gratuitous frequency of releases seems rather slavinly.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Starfield still being 50 bux is incredibly funny, and it still selling well is incredibly sad

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Starfield still being 50 bux is incredibly funny, and it still selling well is incredibly sad

Is it selling well though?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

It’s not selling that well, is it? And many (most?) of the sales were people blindly buying the next game from the makers of Skyrim/Fallout.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Selling copies != concurrent players. Look into your libraries, know your truths.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I'm curious as to what the promised DLC that comes with the premium version will be. It will either be medeocre and totally tank the game permanently (horse armor-tier) or open the door for a no-man's-sky engoodening. But lets be honest, it's going to be space horse armor.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Seems pretty clear that Starfield made a lot of money but isn’t what anybody would consider a success, especially if you’re a beancounter expecting Bethesda’s next game to be worth ten Skyrims.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jack Trades posted:

Is it selling well though?

can you look at Steams sale chart? at least yesterday it was in the top 20, which is nuts

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

can you look at Steams sale chart? at least yesterday it was in the top 20, which is nuts

On global sellers it's right below a decade old TES spinoff.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Goa Tse-tung posted:

That's at sale pricing though, and if I remember rightly this is only the.. second time it's had a discount on Steam? I don't think it's the games first sale but I think we're still in that window of time where every discount is going to capture a different bunch of people who are waiting for those price barriers to come down.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I don't at all regard Starfield as a success, but I've noticed more than one goon saying that they want to buy it because they've stayed away so far and they're bored and looking for a new game. They've heard it has significant issues but have also heard it has some high points, and they're on the fence. It's kind of a fallacy of thinking "surely the truth is in the middle". It's not tho, Starfield sucks.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Jack Trades posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1349600/Slavania/

What's with the sudden inflow of slavic-themed games in the recent months?
One thing that pisses me off about it as a Slav is that they seem to think the word equals Russian, which it isn't - Slavic folklore is a lot more varied than that - and at the same time is an association that most of us would vastly prefer to avoid.

Then again, that's a Russian propaganda trick that's at least two hundred years old.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 14, 2024

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

anilEhilated posted:

One thing that pisses me off about it as a Slav is that they seem to think the word equals Russian, which it isn't - Slavic folklore is a lot more varied than that

The devs are Russian and Russians might not be the Slavs, whatever that is, but they're Slavs.

By this dumb standard devs from other Slavic countries can't call their game Slavic either, because how dare Poles suggest they're representing Serbs.

quote:

and at the same time is an association that most of us would vastly prefer to avoid.

Then again, that's a Russian propaganda trick that's at least two hundred years old.

lol eat poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Bumhead posted:

That's at sale pricing though, and if I remember rightly this is only the.. second time it's had a discount on Steam? I don't think it's the games first sale but I think we're still in that window of time where every discount is going to capture a different bunch of people who are waiting for those price barriers to come down.
lol, on sale price for Aus is $80AUD