Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Arc Hammer posted:

Hi Helldiver who drops a mortar sentry on yhe extraction point. You're doing *great*

Don't be afraid to shoot friendly turrets. Mortars especially, when you're fighting near them they can be a boon, but as soon as the fight shifts a little further away just finish them off with your rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Nuebot posted:

Most weapons bounce right off the head and it's such a small and fast moving target I can't imagine too many people try to hit it in the first place.
It's not hard to shoot a charger's head with EAT/RR after it turns to face you, is rearing to charge, or is walking into position/unaware.

Nuebot posted:

The devs seem to want people to be running anti-tank or anti-material rifles specifically for chargers, while also making them insanely mobile and spawn so frequently the limited ammo of those weapons could never keep up.
If 2-3 people run EATs, or 1 person runs RR and either gets time to reload(often unrealistic) or gets assisted reloads(much more practical but requires voicecoms/premade teams), or 1-2 people run eats and also supplement with stratagems, killing chargers dead works just fine on 9.
It's just hard to do that while also dealing with everything else.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

My gang tags got nuked, gently caress me up fam.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I don't know about anyone else but I find the most dangerous part of chargers is their janky momentum that will have them powerslide right over you, even if stunned or killed.

I baited a charge into one of those deep water pits on the TCS map and watched it go off the edge, then it climbed right back out straight up the wall at me. Also on a TCS mission around one of the objectives I watched a charger straight up wallride up the edge of the silo to path around light units.

Re: mortars vs bugs, just kill it if bugs are anywhere close to you or you think they will be soon. It’s a dick move but so is bringing mortars vs bugs, especially when you could have EMS mortar, which is probably one of the best team-support strategems in the game vs bugs. It’s starting to be a lock in all my load outs when playing bugs, especially with a mech.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

LazyMaybe posted:

It's just hard to do that while also dealing with everything else.

That's basically the problem though. The game is, very obviously, geared around team work and cooperation. They nerfed the railgun earlier because everyone was using it and they didn't like a specific meta loadout dominating the game and making it too easy. But they're kind of going out of their way to ensure people build around dealing with chargers by making chargers suck so much. And at the same time dealing with chargers in the way they, specifically, want doesn't work half as well as they want it to because teamwork doesn't work as well as it should when every team mate has their own charger bearing down on them and a swarm of hunters after them.

It just feels like "thing takes semi-complex effort and tactics to take down" and "constant swarms of things you mow down perpetually" don't mesh well together at the same time. So I just take a shield and flamethrower to bug missions now because dealing with bugs just isn't fun anymore.

causticBeet posted:

I baited a charge into one of those deep water pits on the TCS map and watched it go off the edge, then it climbed right back out straight up the wall at me. Also on a TCS mission around one of the objectives I watched a charger straight up wallride up the edge of the silo to path around light units.

I like how if you think you're clever and stand on a cliff or a rock or some point the bugs can't naturally reach you, they'll just magically pop up next to you because gently caress you.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

https://x.com/HB73423182/status/1768025307725136115?s=20

I hate this./

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Tag me in for democracy, please!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

:five:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Just had a bug where I couldn't reinforce at all. Two other people died and when the last guy reinforced us, the 3rd guy to die was the only one who came back.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Away all Goats posted:

Just had a bug where I couldn't reinforce at all. Two other people died and when the last guy reinforced us, the 3rd guy to die was the only one who came back.

I had this bug when steam servers went down for maintenance on Tuesday. Just three dudes watching me flail around and die until the game kicked me back to the ship 5 minutes later with a connection lost message.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I've had that bug(or similar) like 6 times by now.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I tried the AMR against bots and I don’t like it. I can see the potential advantage it has over the railgun alone, but I don’t see why you would ever use it when the Slugger exists and does the exact same thing but better and without using a stratagem slot. It kills hulks I guess but also you could bring a railgun or EATs or spear or autocannon or laser cannon or railcannon for those instead. If you really wanted an automatic weapon for killing raiders and a devastator sniping tool you could even bring the Slugger and Stalwart and be better at both roles.

It’s a shame because giant sniper rifle is really cool in theory, especially as a stealthy operative, but in practice it is underwhelming.

Smoke is good though, would recommend. It’s not as tall as you might like so make sure to use it at the tops of hills instead of on the incline but otherwise A+

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Darox posted:

I tried the AMR against bots and I don’t like it. I can see the potential advantage it has over the railgun alone, but I don’t see why you would ever use it when the Slugger exists and does the exact same thing but better and without using a stratagem slot. It kills hulks I guess but also you could bring a railgun or EATs or spear or autocannon or laser cannon or railcannon for those instead. If you really wanted an automatic weapon for killing raiders and a devastator sniping tool you could even bring the Slugger and Stalwart and be better at both roles.

It’s a shame because giant sniper rifle is really cool in theory, especially as a stealthy operative, but in practice it is underwhelming.

Smoke is good though, would recommend. It’s not as tall as you might like so make sure to use it at the tops of hills instead of on the incline but otherwise A+

The amr is one of the first unlocks you have access to.

The slugger is one of the last.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

lmfao

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Worf posted:

nice profile pic cutie

lol

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Eediot Jedi posted:

The amr is one of the first unlocks you have access to.

The slugger is one of the last.

The Slugger is a primary and the AMR is a stratagem support weapon. The Stalwart and EATs are also super early unlocks and are both fantastic at their jobs all the way up, let the AMR be good.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Darox posted:

I tried the AMR against bots and I don’t like it. I can see the potential advantage it has over the railgun alone, but I don’t see why you would ever use it when the Slugger exists and does the exact same thing but better and without using a stratagem slot. It kills hulks I guess but also you could bring a railgun or EATs or spear or autocannon or laser cannon or railcannon for those instead.
AMR has better range+accuracy than the railgun due to the further scope+better reticule and doesn't have to reload after every shot.
You don't have to keep calling it in like EATs.
Spear is a meme until they fix the horrible lockon, and it usually doesn't oneshot hulks even after you finagle a lock.
Laser cannon is totally fine, it's slower but easier to use. I'd call it competitive with AMR.
Orbital rail is a single target stratagem with a long cooldown, not really a great solution to hulks unless you're playing on lower difficulties where they don't show up that much. Alright for tanks, but I'd rather use airstrike/rocket pods.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I feel like the orbital rail is the most accurate call-in for Bile Titans? Laser just kinda goes right between their legs.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
laser also takes 200 million years to kill them, spending its whole lifetime on them, and has a longer cooldown+limited uses.

Orbital rail is better despite not oneshoting them(usually), 500kg better still on higher difficulties due to being able to use way more often despite the increased difficulty+inconsistency, and rocket pods do fairly well too.
Laser is good but mega overrated vs titans, it rules for calling in on bot bases.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

ye, the orbital laser is more good for sweeping up a hoard of mediums or tossing into a nest/outpost than against a heavy like a bile titan or even a charger. the ttk on the big bois is just far too long

Vooze
Oct 29, 2011

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I'd love to get tagged up

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

God I love this game.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I feel like hunters are still my number one death against bugs, followed by temporarily not being able to deal with a titan or charger, and definitely not the spewers. But they will absolutely melt you nigh instantly with either the spit stream or the bile artillery, which is one of the major reasons I still use the shield pack instead of constantly rocking an AC or RR. Stuns and slows and general chip damage from hunters and brushing up against chargers is the main reason but not being surprise one shot is pretty strong too. I want to like the AMR more against bots but I usually end up feeling like I'd still be better off with the railgun. Even though the railgun can't deal with tanks and turrets as well as the AMR those things are pretty vulnerable to impact grenades, and if I've dealing with either at long range then that's stratagem territory.

Pure Art

E: What I really love about this is that you can follow the trail of the spear missile for the entire travel distance and it does like a 190 degree turn and then just stops tracking the instant it's going straight for the helldiver.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

penetrated by his own penetrator...

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

honestly the craziest thing here is the spear locked on in the first place

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

anyone on PS5 geting the bug where after you log in, some stuff that should be saved is reset? whenever I log in, I have the random voice for the helldiver, the liberator as my primary weapon, I see the major orders instructions when I look at the map and I keep getting the tutorial overlays (use your strategems!)

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

hey mom its 420 posted:

anyone on PS5 geting the bug where after you log in, some stuff that should be saved is reset? whenever I log in, I have the random voice for the helldiver, the liberator as my primary weapon, I see the major orders instructions when I look at the map and I keep getting the tutorial overlays (use your strategems!)

Yeah I have the same thing and it's annoying as poo poo.

Maybe of note to people; this was discussed yesterday in the SA Helldivers Discord: supposebly a new warbond is showing up today in your acquisitions. If you have 1000 super credits to spare, and want this new warbond but are also eying the current Steeled Veterans warbond, you can buy that one with :10bux: :10bux:, get some extra goodies and save your super credits for the new warbond.

Sindai posted:

Someone did a lot of interesting research on what influences how frequently patrols spawn: [snip]

Anyone found those deep tunnel openings that look like bug exits? You come across them randomly on the map, but they aren't an objective, they look like general scenery. When you toss a nade down, you hear a couple of explosions and the light goes out. It's my untested and unverified theory that if you nade them, the heat for the rest of the mission goes down a lot.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Sioux posted:

Anyone found those deep tunnel openings that look like bug exits? You come across them randomly on the map, but they aren't an objective, they look like general scenery. When you toss a nade down, you hear a couple of explosions and the light goes out. It's my untested and unverified theory that if you nade them, the heat for the rest of the mission goes down a lot.

One of my regular divers loves falling down those things so his gear and samples are completely unrecoverable. I'll ask him next time if he saw anything cool at the bottom.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Sioux posted:

Ohh I have never tried to nade them. Good idea.

Once I lost like 15 samples in one of those holes, and since them I avoid getting close to them like the plague lol

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Gangtag giveaway over, please be patient as myself and the admins get these all queued and actioned.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

2 more hours of work, then to go home and spread Democracy through the galaxy

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
I'm fairly certain the Termicide will cause absolutely nothing, such as mutated bugs. Curious to see where this one goes.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Please let there be a very dramatic boss fight

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Asteroid Alert posted:

I'm fairly certain the Termicide will cause absolutely nothing, such as mutated bugs. Curious to see where this one goes.

What happens when you put something under massive evolutionary pressure?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Asteroid Alert posted:

Why would it? It’s completely safe.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So to see what these new missions were like I did one at a low difficulty and I gotta say; I have no interest in doing one for real. First tower was weird. It died once when it went from full health to critical in the span of a single reload, then died while I was clearing out the enemies that had rushed in while I was reloading. Tower two was funny; not a single enemy went for the tower, instead they all kept rushing after me. Tower three had enemies coming from both sides of the tower and by the end I could barely tell what was and wasn't hitting it because there were so man corpses piled up at its base. Then as soon as I hit the buttons for the extraction about twice as many enemies as I'd seen through the rest of the mission swarmed the extraction point. Also there are no PoIs as far as I can tell.

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

Buddy and myself slapped on some recon armor and went about covert ops truffle pigging for super sample spots. Works relatively well if your goal is just to get super samples and medals, though can get dicey with rocket devastators doing their thing.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

What's the damage rating on the plasma punisher?

Edit: 100. Lol.

raverrn fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 14, 2024

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Only managed to play one round last night but I can confirm that the Slugger does have target penetration. Went in one side of the skull and helmet of the dumbass Helldiver who stepped in my line of fire, out the other side, and into the bug I was firing into. Thankfully he was pretty chill about being domed like that. Then again when you and your best friend are basically running the fire shotgun it probably leads to a very casual attitude about friendly fire.

Also I had a weird thing where my mine drop order wouldn't expire so I had orders that actually scrolled off of the page so I couldn't see the second personal order. Whatever it was, I got it done (and got credit for it) same time I finally finished the mines one. As a side note: dropping a mine calldown on a bug patrol that hasn't aggroed on players yet is hilarious. I was giggling like an idiot as I watched the horde angrily attack the mine launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I hope none of the cool guns in the new warbond are as disappointing as the dominator