Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DPM posted:

Share the forbidden knowledge

From googling around:

quote:

The Bay numbers were originally designed only for the Bunnings employees and contractors to use but I guess when they decided to expand it to everyone, they could have explained it better

The bays are labelled by a white label on the left upright on every bay and are usually formatted in a 017.001 format. They work kinda like house numbers, starting at 1 on the first bay on the left and zigzagging down the aisle, meaning all the odd bays are on one side and even on the other. Sometimes, if the shelves have moved since the label was attached, the sticker is covered by a beam. Usually you can count the bays out.

If an aisle number number is higher than say, 60, then the bay is the end cap or a wall of the store. Eg Aisle 136.056 is the back wall, far rightmost of the store. These numbers change slightly between stores but are usually 100+. You'd likely need help from an employee to find stuff.

Bonus Round: Bunnings are organised in the order in which you'd build a house. Concrete and timber at one end, going through the building process until you end with landscaping at the other end. Usually helps to orient yourself by where the garden centre is (usually close to the road) and then it makes it super easy to navigate.

Hope this helps

quote:

As you turn left to enter each aisle, the first bay (each metal shelf/rack section) is Bay 1, then the next bay is 3, then 5, 7, etc. The even numbered bays are on the opposite side (like a little street). There’s a little label on the inside edge at about eye level on the left side with the bay number on it.

Eg. If it’s Aisle 26, Bay 7, it’ll be the fourth bay on the left in Aisle 26.

Those bolded parts are the only bits I have any chance of ever remembering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Things that make complete sense but you never knew until now: Bunnings house build order store organisation

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
No longer lost in bunnings warehouse
I can now shop happily
I came in here for the anal spreaders
Aisle 50 bay twenty three

(Apologies to The Clash)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

bee posted:

Things that make complete sense but you never knew until now: Bunnings house build order store organisation

i feel like i've been played

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Remember last week when that Pommy cop took a minority to court for calling them white?

Just the thinnest of skins over there

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

norp posted:

I asked a staff member about this and they showed me how to decode the less than obvious sticker on the racking that tells you the isle/bay/shelf/whatever info

you're that rear end in a top hat that would post on tech.net that you solved the problem and not provide the solution, arent you?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

who would’ve thought the police force synonymous with helmets and batons would be cowardly idiots …

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
im 6ft 4

i have somehow never known this

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

well why not posted:

who would’ve thought the police force synonymous with helmets and batons would be cowardly idiots …

official vocab guidelines tell us we should use "police service"

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Remember last week when that Pommy cop took a minority to court for calling them white?

Just the thinnest of skins over there

]

You unlocked a high school memory of the cops rocking up to some party we were all at with the Obligatory underage drinking and one idiot of the high school group went up to a microphone and said 'some CUNTstables are here to talk to us'.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My pissed mate yelled at a cop that she looked like Lisa Mccune's character Maggie Doyle from Blue Heelers when we were coming home from the pub. The cops got angry and stopped us and took our details and poo poo.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
All cops are bastards but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the one bastard that got called on me for jogging while howling at the moon (mental breakdown BC my dick didn't work BC venlafexine) and when I was sobbing to her about how my dick didn't work she pointed out she was a lesbian and she didn't even need a dick to pleasure a woman so I'd be fine and that was incredibly comforting at the time. Meanwhile I have had a lot of other cops wind up at my mental health calls and they've all been absolute cunts so please don't take this anecdote as a support of police BC gently caress sending cops on mental health calls.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Non Compos Mentis posted:

im 6ft 4

i have somehow never known this

Never flown economy before or asked if you play basketball?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I would rather you gave Ambos sidearms and no firearms training rather than have a cop show up for their safety but I guess then you'd just wind up with Ambos that are basically smarter cops so I haven't thought this through

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Bald Stalin posted:

i knew i was tall because im 195cm but for some reason i had decided that 200cm was 6ft

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bald Stalin posted:

6'4" is kind of the cut off area where you can mostly buy clothes at normal shops and strangers don't usually comment on your height.

Livo
Dec 31, 2023
At the Sydney Big Day Out in 2011, a drug sniffer dog "sat down" near me and an aggressive as gently caress police officer yelled at me that the dog sitting down was a clear indicator meant I had illicit substances on me, so I had to be searched for it and that he'd take physical action against me if I didn't keep my hands visible at all times. He was yelling and acting like I was Pablo Escobar trying to evade arrest. Didn't have anything on me whatsoever, so whoops, dog screwed up, surprise surprise.

Luckily this was in 2011, so it wasn't a strip search. I was taken to a separate searching tent with a table, and the officers there were far more relaxed: they literally said "Eh, just empty your pockets and bag on on the table, you can take them out yourself as we don't want to touch anything, we'll just do a visual check." I only had my keys, wallet, phone & physical ticket in my shorts, and a little bag with sunnies, sunscreen, hat, jumper & water bottle, nothing else. Since they found nothing, I was let in, but that really soured my mood for the day.

Here's a nice research paper on how dog handlers beliefs can often lead to wrong dog indications, since sniffer dogs like pleasing their handlers.

quote:

This study was double-blind. Neither handler/dog teams nor observers were aware of the conditions of each search area. Because the study was completed across 2 days and we did not want to jeopardize the double-blind nature of this study, all handlers were debriefed and told about the contents of each condition upon the completion of the second day of testing. The experimenter (L. Lit) was the only person present who was aware of the conditions of each search area...

Dependent variables were total number of alerts issued by each dog as reported by handlers in each search area. The correct score for each search area was 0. All alerts were false alerts..In light of written and verbalized instructions that “Each scenario may contain up to 3 of your target scents,” it was interesting that there were 12 runs with either four or five alerts (Fig. 1). It was unclear whether handlers did not attend to the instructions, did not remember the instructions or believed that there were more than three target scent sources in each condition...

There are two possible explanations for the large number of false alerts identified by handlers. Either (1) handlers were erroneously calling alerts on locations at which they believed target scent was located or (2) handler belief that scent was present affected their dogs’ alerting behavior so that dogs were alerting at locations indicated by handlers (that is, the Clever Hans effect)...

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Not even surprised at that result. Basically cognitive bias influencing trained behaviour. And yeah the doggo isn't looking for drugs, it's looking for a reward for finding something.

Also Jezza my fellow effexor survivor. gently caress some of those pills are nasty poo poo. Psychopharmacology feels like just the 21st version of leeches, see if it works, gently caress the patient. Hope your doing better.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

bee posted:

Thanks to this I now know occy straps are used halfway through building a house

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Circa 2005ish, I had a girlfriend who had been mauled by a dog when she was a toddler and was pretty scared of dogs ever since. One big day out she was standing in the queue to get in and a sniffer dog came up to her and stuck its head in between her legs. She froze and started hyperventilating, the cops took this as a positive detection and physically hauled her off into their mobile copshop tent thing. She didn't have any drugs on her, but she did have her period at the time so when the cops didn't find anything in her clothes they strip searched her and made her remove her tampon and squat just to make sure she wasn't concealing anything.

Afterwards they let her go minus any charges or even an apology. But she was so traumatised she ended up just going home.

gently caress the police

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Ive exited through the nursery into post bunnings senescence
2 spline rollers spooning in the drawer

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Cops are fuckin morons.

As livos said, back in the day there wasn't strip searching. But it's so dumb that They saw the oceans of false positive dog searches and rather than coming to the conclusion that it's ineffective and to stop doing it, they infer the opposite and assume that the dogs are effective, the people are just hiding the drugs in their clothes/body, so we need to make strip searching legal to actually catch people.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The history of policing is full of poo poo like that. Blood splatter analysis, that dodgy shot spotter tech, most of forensic psychology is useless etc

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Bogan mime with a mullet pulling doughies and telling you to gently caress off while they are hoeing into a pie on smoko

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Happy Free NVJ Friday to all who partake.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Jestery posted:

Bogan mime with a mullet pulling doughies and telling you to gently caress off while they are hoeing into a pie on smoko

I'm almost certain either Melb or Syd will have one those mimes down wherever the statue people perform. Can see Micko the Bogan mime down at darling harbour with the performers in my mind already.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Jestery posted:

for some reason I pictured a tradie mime doing the hand gesture for a burnout out while eating a pie and I think i just found my calling in life.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

ili posted:

Happy Free NVJ Friday to all who partake.

The ides of nvj

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Laserface posted:

for some reason I pictured a tradie mime doing the vb longneck brekky

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/BOM_Qld/status/1768431458429944227

:toot:

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Time to get the trackies out

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

ili died because of this

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Rip to ili, had a night of not completely hosed temperatures and died

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
he froze

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Yeah it's hosed hey.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Boomers: It's always been this hot in Summer!

The rest of us dying of climate change: The hottest summer of our lives thus far!

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

NVJ works in a Just Cuts backroom, eating all the hair that hets swept up

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

gently caress gently caress gently caress!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
oh so thats why there were people in high vis blocking off the drive thru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

How TF do you have an EFTPOS outage confined to one company, the machines they have are stock models as far as I can tell, do they have a special EFTPOS server?