Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I would have the new battlepass by now with super credits but the other down I leaned on the controller and accidentally bought the most expensive suit for super credits lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Freedom is FABULOUS!

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 14, 2024

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Doctor Zero posted:

Freedom is FABULOUS!

IN THIS HOUSE
We Believe
Love is Love
Black Lives Matter
Women's Rights Are Human Rights
Death to the Enemies of Democracy

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i like the laser minigun assault rifle thing, cool sound effect and also it seems kind of overpowered

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

It does a whole lot of damage. Seems extremely strong for mid-range horde clearing, like a mini Stalwart almost. But you can't snipe with it at all because of the windup time and full auto-only so who knows how good it is vs bots

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

good, long may it reign

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
The plasma shotgun feels like it would be really good at clearing small enemies off a patrol or poi quietly, without a chance for them to call reinforcements. The two matches I had time for was everyone going crazy with the machine gun though so I never got to try it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

GruntyThrst posted:

The electric shotgun is rear end

wrong

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

johnny park posted:

It does a whole lot of damage. Seems extremely strong for mid-range horde clearing, like a mini Stalwart almost. But you can't snipe with it at all because of the windup time and full auto-only so who knows how good it is vs bots

it's an accurate hitscan gun with a magnified sight, you can blast the regular bots from range very easily

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Need to try the new weapons, hopefully they are not all rear end.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

With as often as people toss down Tesla Towers and dont say poo poo about doing it, or mindlessly blast arc throwers. The new arc armor is my new go to so I can survive my own team.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Dead Like Rev posted:

With as often as people toss down Tesla Towers and dont say poo poo about doing it, or mindlessly blast arc throwers. The new arc armor is my new go to so I can survive my own team.

The need to make one of those except instead it protects against mortars.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

WhiteHowler posted:

The need to make one of those except instead it protects against mortars.

It's called the shield generator backpack

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The EMS mortar is the only sentry I respect

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Owl Inspector posted:

I did a mission yesterday for the first time with the RR, mines, and the EMS mortar to hold one of the battery towers and I don't think I've felt so directly impactful on a mission. It owned.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Owl Inspector posted:

Yeah EMS mortar owns. At worst it's mildly inconvenient for the team and you can just shoot it to make it go away but it's so good at setting up juicy chokepoints for bombs and strategems while your attention can be focused elsewhere.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tesla tower def has a role in battery defense. Nice that it has a solid niche

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Sioux posted:

Anyone found those deep tunnel openings that look like bug exits? You come across them randomly on the map, but they aren't an objective, they look like general scenery. When you toss a nade down, you hear a couple of explosions and the light goes out. It's my untested and unverified theory that if you nade them, the heat for the rest of the mission goes down a lot.

I'd love to find out more about these. I get the feeling it's just a way to create an explosion if stuff is chasing you. Some people claim it eliminates fog in the area, others claim to have received resources and currency like medals from blowing them up. Maybe not all holes are the same every time? These are a couple of discussions about it, but no one can agree on exactly what to call them, or exactly what they do. Some people have claimed to kill Bile Titans with the explosion.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/553850/discussions/0/7599331177369138503/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1bao9im/does_anyone_know_what_the_volcano_holes_do_other/

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

All holes are landing zones for your drop pod. Getting out of the hole is for the next Diver to deal with.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

TheMostFrench posted:

I'd love to find out more about these. I get the feeling it's just a way to create an explosion if stuff is chasing you. Some people claim it eliminates fog in the area, others claim to have received resources and currency like medals from blowing them up. Maybe not all holes are the same every time? These are a couple of discussions about it, but no one can agree on exactly what to call them, or exactly what they do. Some people have claimed to kill Bile Titans with the explosion.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/553850/discussions/0/7599331177369138503/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1bao9im/does_anyone_know_what_the_volcano_holes_do_other/

They're there for loving idiot teammates with all of your teams samples to fall into.

Edit: This reminds me, I was carrying a hard drive for one of those 'get the hard drive to this other point' missions, and I walked into some water. I immediately dropped it and it sunk into the depths, irretrievable.

The mission site spawned another one though, I had to walk back and get it, with my friends groaning at my poo poo.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

new one first since there seems to be a good gun in there. breaker incendiary is not better than the normal breaker

The other battlepass has a good gun in there too (the JAR-Dominator)

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The other battlepass has a good gun in there too (the JAR-Dominator)

Please, don't lie to people like this.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

JAR sucks compared to slugger.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

why does the continuous beam laser AR exist now that there is an alternative version that's effectively a straight upgrade across the board

BastardySkull posted:

JAR sucks compared to slugger.

if it's a slightly worse version of the slugger it could still be better in a lot of situations depending on how its recoil patterns/animations are

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010
Not one of the new laser wapons but I bought the Scythe and couldn't really tell if I was doing much to the bugs. It seems like it gives no feedback for damage like the ballistic weapons so that may be why.

Does anyone use it or have I pissed away some medals on the way to the Slugger?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

turn off the TV posted:

why does the continuous beam laser AR exist now that there is an alternative version that's effectively a straight upgrade across the board

if it's a slightly worse version of the slugger it could still be better in a lot of situations depending on how its recoil patterns/animations are

was the same in hd1 lol

afroserty posted:

Not one of the new laser wapons but I bought the Scythe and couldn't really tell if I was doing much to the bugs. It seems like it gives no feedback for damage like the ballistic weapons so that may be why.

Does anyone use it or have I pissed away some medals on the way to the Slugger?

sorry to tell you its the latter

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

turn off the TV posted:

it has a spin-up, making it awkward to use in situations where you need quick, precise snap-fire.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
They have a pistol, a machine pistol, a revolver, and a laser pistol now.

Where's my Space Desert Eagle?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Sestze posted:

it has a spin-up, making it awkward to use in situations where you need quick, precise snap-fire.

the beam is also awkward in those situations because it barely does damage

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

new one first since there seems to be a good gun in there. breaker incendiary is not better than the normal breaker

Incendiary owns against bugs on diff 1 or 2, when most enemies die easily, and the larger magazine capacity compared to the basic Breaker pays off. At diff 3 or more, you need the damage per shot more than the capacity. Of course, there's also style to consider. Setting everything around you on fire may not be efficient, but we fight for Liberty.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Breaker incendiary is incredibly useful for hit-and-run shenanigans because you can just ignite a bunch of bugs and kill a good chunk and then book it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Scythe is for that one achievement about completing a mission without firing your primary or support

harder to accidentally fire

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

jokes posted:

Breaker incendiary is incredibly useful for hit-and-run shenanigans because you can just ignite a bunch of bugs and kill a good chunk and then book it.

Breaker Incendiary is great against chargers because then you have flaming chargers, which kill you and your teammates even faster.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The Breaker Incendiary also throws off sparks and cool embers when you hit stuff with it! You get to watch a cool pyro show as you die.

Also the Dominator has one thing over the Slugger: Burst Mode. If you're wearing heavy armor with recoil reduction, oh man can you do some work with that...but it's chunky, and you're extremely vulnerable, and you burn through ammo like crazy. So overall it's a miss, I think.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Ravendas posted:

Breaker Incendiary is great against chargers because then you have flaming chargers, which kill you and your teammates even faster.

Flaming charger sounds like a drink i'd order at a Tiki Bar.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Needs more cough syrup tbh

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I saw a few posts here saying that the new patch has brought more bugs(crashes etc). I have noticed way way more bugs.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 14, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

turn off the TV posted:

I was so excited to finally try the JAR, took aim at the center of an automaton, and then fired half a dozen shots over each of its shoulders and between its legs. Eventually I hit it and killed it though, but it's just an insanely inaccurate weapon. You can be a foot away from your target, the dot dead center of the circle lined up center mass and shots will still go wild.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

OGS-Remix posted:

They really should give a laser designator to the spear backpack. That would be much more consistent then trying to lock on yourself and encourage team play.

In BF4 using the SOFLAM and just annihilating enemy vehicles from just out of their spawn was hilarious.

Hell make the laser designator a secondary weapon and that way anyone can pick one up and support. Or make it a backpack item. It's a way to have people work together like reloading. I'll designate and you fire.

Also, there could be a backpack drone that instead of firing lazers or ammunition just designates the heaviest target all the time. That one seems kinda dumb but I still like the idea of having target acquisition be a co-op task

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

new quad missile launcher datamined is laser guided, Commando from HD1.