Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

How about a delicious tomato onion sandwich?

Patty Unmelt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Whoever is responsible for unmelted cheese on a burger should get punched in the face

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

:sad:

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Is loco moco a sandwich if i put some rice on top of the patty, too?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
If the rice is pressed together enough to have some structure.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

How about a delicious tomato onion sandwich?

Needs a slice of bread in the middle.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Gromit posted:

Needs a slice of bread in the middle.

I think that technically makes it a club sandwich.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
reuben gang

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Is loco moco a sandwich if i put some rice on top of the patty, too?
Only if musubi are also sandwiches and I'm not ready to die on that hill.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

FFT posted:

Only if musubi are also sandwiches and I'm not ready to die on that hill.

musubi can be calzone, sandwiches, sushi or quiche, depending on how the "filling" sticks out or doesn't (that would be a calzone). no filling makes them a salad. these rules have been settled for a while

https://cuberule.com/

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Mr. Fix It posted:

musubi can be calzone, sandwiches, sushi or quiche, depending on how the "filling" sticks out or doesn't (that would be a calzone). no filling makes them a salad. these rules have been settled for a while

https://cuberule.com/
Musubi are open burritos, but I otherwise agree.

"Sushi" is incorrect for the form factor because "sushi" means "rice". By the traditional rules presented, taquitos would be sushi, which is incorrect. Also, nigiri wouldn't be sushi, which is also incorrect.

stringless fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Mar 13, 2024

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I once got called "the Timecube guy but for sandwiches" on Twitter so I think I'm the most qualified to decide

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Schubalts posted:

If the rice is pressed together enough to have some structure.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

FFT posted:

Musubi are open burritos, but I otherwise agree.

"Sushi" is incorrect for the form factor because "sushi" means "rice". By the traditional rules presented, taquitos would be sushi, which is incorrect. Also, nigiri wouldn't be sushi, which is also incorrect.

i agree that nigiri is the true form of sushi, but the rules are the rules.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Is a Luther burger a sandwich? Do donuts count as bread?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
A lot of places try the donut burger thing and I've only tried it once. It was as silly as you would think it would be.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Only cowards would use plain donuts.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Most donuts are trash. It's rare that a shop can make a good product and have enough restraint to not cover it in bullshit.

Give me a fresh, plain, cake donut or GTFO.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

No. 6 posted:

cake donut

Whoa whoa whoa, let's back it up just a bit and talk this through

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
They said cake donut mutherfucker

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
cake donuts are the worst

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

pistols at dawn, sir

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I've had a donut grilled cheese before and that was pretty good. Never a hamberder sandwhich.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

:wrong:

No. 6 posted:

Most donuts are trash. It's rare that a shop can make a good product and have enough restraint to not cover it in bullshit.

Give me a fresh, plain, cake donut or GTFO.

Krispy Kremes are the foulest garbage-tier food I've literally ever put in my face. They are the worst donut ever invented and the fact that America went crazy for them is far more damning than voting in Trump as President.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Krispy Kreme is an okay donut but I wouldn't call it garbage, particularly if it's fresh. Never understood the adoration though, that much we can agree on

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I like a good cronut. Probably not on a burger or ir hot dog though

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I always saw that old trope of people dipping their donuts in coffee and I'm from the birthplace of Krispy Kreme so I had basically never even seen a cake donut and wondered what the hell that was all about

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't really know about donuts
What's the alternative to cake donut? A yeasted, risen dough?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
My favorite doughnuts are called "bagels," and apparently there are a few types? I just buy the ones at the store.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

EoinCannon posted:

I don't really know about donuts
What's the alternative to cake donut? A yeasted, risen dough?

Exactly, much lighter and fluffier. I don't actually hate cake donuts, but yeast donuts are what I'm going for in general, especially if they're just a very basic one.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Anybody who prefers a cake donut is a real sicko

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

CannonFodder posted:

Is a Luther burger a sandwich? Do donuts count as bread?

During the annual summer exhibition here a few years back, some doughnut burger made the news because it gave a bunch of people food poisoning. It's something I'd like to try but the doughnut burger will forever be associated with that in my mind.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

love cake donuts, especially old fashioneds

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Cake donut haters probably never had a sour cream glazed, smdh... (they're probably going :barf: at this post rn)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

No. 6 posted:

Most donuts are trash.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

wrong so fuckin hard, smdh

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I love all donuts. old fashioneds, long johns, cake, sugar, covered in sprinkles, covered in nuts, cream filled, custard filled, glazed, crullers

all of em.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I could eat so many boston creams

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Stunning Honky posted:

I always saw that old trope of people dipping their donuts in coffee and I'm from the birthplace of Krispy Kreme so I had basically never even seen a cake donut and wondered what the hell that was all about
I'm not a coffee drinker but I'm also from the home of Krispy Kreme and I think they would just dissolve in coffee like candy cotton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Mr. Fix It posted:

love cake donuts, especially old fashioneds

I do too. Old fashioned are the best, until it’s cider donut season. Dunkin’s used to make a cake doughnut with a little knob on the side to hold onto while you’ve dipped it in your coffee. It was called a Dunkin’ Donut.