Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/status/1768042137545838814

from the fantasy perspective

also I did not know Ridley is 3 years older than AJ Brown

Yeah I was shocked to read that Ridley is turning 30 this season. I know he missed the one gambling year but it still doesn’t seem like he should be that old.

This also conveniently helps me cope with New England missing him. He’s gonna be old and busted by the end of that contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Calvin Ridley perfectly slotting into the “is Will Levis the dude” time period. Gives him two capable options on either side of the field now between Nuk and Ridley with Pollard and Spears in the backfield. If Levis busts out, they’ll be timed to cut loose some cap and do another reset in ‘26.

Goobers keep going “oh they wouldn’t pay AJ that but will give it to Ridley?!” as if the numbers are the same two years apart with a higher cap and the owner didn’t shitcan both the GM midway through that season and then the whole coaching staff a year after that.

As a Titans fan I went from resigned to a full rebuild to thinking we’ll be competitive in our basement division.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah that's kind of my perspective as well. Ridley gives Levis a #1 - time to find out if he's the guy or not. Ridley will get paid while their quarterback is on a rookie contract.

I don't hate it honestly.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm glad Ridley got the bag after he was robbed of a season with that horseshit suspension.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Soul Glo posted:

Calvin Ridley perfectly slotting into the “is Will Levis the dude” time period. Gives him two capable options on either side of the field now between Nuk and Ridley with Pollard and Spears in the backfield. If Levis busts out, they’ll be timed to cut loose some cap and do another reset in ‘26.

Goobers keep going “oh they wouldn’t pay AJ that but will give it to Ridley?!” as if the numbers are the same two years apart with a higher cap and the owner didn’t shitcan both the GM midway through that season and then the whole coaching staff a year after that.

As a Titans fan I went from resigned to a full rebuild to thinking we’ll be competitive in our basement division.

if i was a titans fan, i would like the move purely from the standpoint of screwing over the jags. they're gonna need some receiving help going into this season now. you got engram and kirk and not much else, that's not that scary

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the panthers are in a tough spot. but if bryce young doesn't look good after a few games i think you have to hand the reins over. with a little luck andy dalton will be looking to pass dan fouts, sonny jurgensen, and joe montana for all time touchdown passes. let's make it happen

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nah. Either he's good or we just tank the year letting him get murdered and take another spin with the 1 overall in 2025.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

got to hand them over

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
lmao Aaron Rodgers

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Probably not really him but a great Twitter exchange nonetheless

https://x.com/tyronsmith077/status/1768086870158913921?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Methinks the OT doth protest too much.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

The Cowboys practice in the middle of a suburban subdivision?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Adun posted:

Cowboys training facility is out in Frisco, so yep

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Adun posted:

I know in Oxnard a residential area was specifically built around the spot where the Cowboys train in the preseason. Big dumb lawsuit popped out of it last year due to an awning towering over a dudes backyard.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

haha. luigi got hit in the drat loving oxnards

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1768104616959299926

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
:lol:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
You know it's bad when Antonio Clown has the high ground over Aaron Fraudgers.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mr Bogus Conspiracy

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lmfao

Big Worst person you know just made a great point energy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Android Apocalypse posted:

You know it's bad when Antonio Clown has the high ground over Aaron Fraudgers.

His name is Throw Rogan.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/1768296220689039479?s=20
https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/1768308118184735042?s=20

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

lmao, :drat:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

His name is Throw Rogan.

Qaron

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

:yikeseroo:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

TheLanaBanana doing the hard work

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12/status/1768318406560760224

Rodgers doing damage control? :v:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Imagine going back a year right as the Jets were getting Aaron Rodgers and showing fans that tweet.

Just imagine.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Kalli posted:

Imagine going back a year right as the Jets were getting Aaron Rodgers and showing fans that tweet.

Just imagine.

I knew the rollercoaster would be stupid, I don't think this is quite the level of insanity that I expected.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Browns suddenly very interested in Dak

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Forgive my terrible reading skills, but I didn’t think the contention was that he didn’t think anyone died or it wasn’t a tragedy? I thought it was that he claimed it was a government cover up.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

JGdmn posted:

Forgive my terrible reading skills, but I didn’t think the contention was that he didn’t think anyone died or it wasn’t a tragedy? I thought it was that he claimed it was a government cover up.

no the accusation was that he thought it was a false flag op with crisis actors. it was the alex jones take

Nov 6, 2002

Can't believe ARod is flip flopping. That's what Democrats do!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

It's an absolute tragedy that the events (false flag op with crisis actors) took place

Same thing with the immunized response

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

I knew the rollercoaster would be stupid, I don't think this is quite the level of insanity that I expected.

I can really deal with any of the other A A Ron nonsense as long as the motherfucker plays. It's the combination of all this plus him not playing.......

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

JGdmn posted:

quote:

Brown was covering the Kentucky Derby for CNN in 2013 when she was introduced to Rodgers, then with the Green Bay Packers, at a post-Derby party. Hearing that she was a journalist with CNN, Rodgers immediately began attacking the news media for covering up important stories. Rodgers brought up the tragic killing of 20 children and 6 adults by a gunman at Sandy Hook Elementary School, claiming it was actually a government inside job and the media was intentionally ignoring it.

Someone got ahold of him and made sure he understood how much money this cost Alex jones.

Also “as I’m on the record saying in the past” lol. He absolutely told those people this.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Someone got ahold of him and made sure he understood how much money this cost Alex jones.

Also “as I’m on the record saying in the past” lol. He absolutely told those people this.

He's not gonna get sued for a private conversation. No matter how stupid what he said was.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

mcmagic posted:

I can really deal with any of the other A A Ron nonsense as long as the motherfucker plays. It's the combination of all this plus him not playing.......

sorry, he's running a doomed presidential ticket with a guy that has to apologize to his own family when they unexpectedly see him on television during the superbowl

i think all of this is extremely funny and am glad that rodgers is doing even more stupid poo poo that makes him look like an even bigger dumbass to the whole world

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

He's not gonna get sued for a private conversation.

No one is saying that. But if he does believe in the Sandy Hook conspiracy, it could be extremely costly for him if he spent the next several months going on a media blitz expounding on his stupid theories the same way he did with his anti-vax beliefs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
If Rodgers ends up actually being in the political race the kind of poo poo that's going to get dug up about him will be outstanding. It'll be way worse for him than sports reporters and fans sharing dirt. It'll be national news.

He was pretty good at hiding his lunacy until he got exposed by the Vax stuff but politics is a different beast