Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mythoclast deletes all 3 champs it’s great. You can just not engage with their bullshit and delete them instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The idea of having double anti champ mods is good, I would hope they'd make the two options different so they don't end up repeating that season where the only overload options were scout and pulse or something, i.e 'land multiple hits on this rear end in a top hat who keeps teleporting and resetting the shot count.'

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Match game was cool and good bc it made me use sub-optimal guns and I enjoy managing my vault to ensure I have appropriate options for each gun type and color. I wish shields were stronger against off color weapons.

Champions are cool and good, I wish they iterated on them though

I like that champ mods rotate so we are forced to use some different guns occasionally. I don't love having like 2 primary ammo mods to deal with 2 diff champ types but than it forces you to use an exotic or something or play your class to get the champ modifier like ignitions or radient so its ok bc there's a gameplay answer.

Bastion is basically hit scan, does a bunch of damage and is GOAT'd. It carried me through the hell that was master totems at the time although deciding LMAO everyone run rockets and we'll have 2 nerds spaced out in the rotation on aeons may have also had something to do with it since you can finish for heavy bricks and trivialize the encounter.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Match game would be fine if they kept it to team activities where you have 3 subclasses and 9 guns. In solos where you have 1 and 3 it didn't work nearly as well

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I strongly feel that barrier and overload champs should not be able to mingle together if one of them can make the other invulnerable (I'm looking at you servitor/chieftain champs!).

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Waroduce posted:

Match game was cool and good

I am never reading another one of your posts again.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

omg chael crash posted:

Don’t talk about champs or waro will Kramer into the thread and tell you that they’re good, actually

Waroduce posted:

Match game was cool and good bc it made me use sub-optimal guns and I enjoy managing my vault to ensure I have appropriate options for each gun type and color. I wish shields were stronger against off color weapons.

Champions are cool and good, I wish they iterated on them though

I like that champ mods rotate so we are forced to use some different guns occasionally. I don't love having like 2 primary ammo mods to deal with 2 diff champ types but than it forces you to use an exotic or something or play your class to get the champ modifier like ignitions or radient so its ok bc there's a gameplay answer.

Bastion is basically hit scan, does a bunch of damage and is GOAT'd. It carried me through the hell that was master totems at the time although deciding LMAO everyone run rockets and we'll have 2 nerds spaced out in the rotation on aeons may have also had something to do with it since you can finish for heavy bricks and trivialize the encounter.

:allears:

On a side note, The Parasite is still hilarious and I do love it on my bonk titan.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Waroduce posted:

I don't love having like 2 primary ammo mods to deal with 2 diff champ types but than it forces you to use an exotic or something or play your class to get the champ modifier like ignitions or radient so its ok bc there's a gameplay answer.
The issue with exotics is you can only have one at a time equipped, so if there's a massive barrier shaped hole in the seasonal mods, you're going to need arbalest or wishender. It doesn't encourage you to use an exotic, it encourages you to use one of the same 2 or 3 exotics constantly to get around the problem.

Yeah you can just use radiant or other subclass verbs, but not every class has an easy way of getting it on demand like hunters do.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 14, 2024

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Heck yeah it looks like we're defending the last city based on this promo image for the new content

https://x.com/destinybulletn/status/1768317209326084334

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

That hunter hood / hat is loving sick.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Guardians borrowing the cabal sentry guns hell yeah

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
More deets in the update:

-There will be 3 livestreams, on 3/19, 3/26, and 4/2

-Unique emblem drops for watching them a little or a lot

Also:

-All the weapons touched in the most recent loot refresh (so the latest Trials and IB weapons, the two new Nightfall drops, the 3 Guardian Games weapons, and everything in Prophecy) will be eligible for the crafting changes in TFS. Although they haven't said what these actually are yet

-Some clan has dunked 175,292 points worth of medals

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/this-week-in-destiny-03-14-24

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

that jpeg alone is enough to get me excited for destiny again, i just hate the current dreaming city aesthetic lol

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Will we actually get deployable turrets or something? Seems too good to be true. But then I would've said the same thing about skimmers a few months ago.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

that jpeg alone is enough to get me excited for destiny again, i just hate the current dreaming city aesthetic lol

You won’t play any of this

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol how much Hunters have blown out the games

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

haveblue posted:

-All the weapons touched in the most recent loot refresh (so the latest Trials and IB weapons, the two new Nightfall drops, the 3 Guardian Games weapons, and everything in Prophecy) will be eligible for the crafting changes in TFS. Although they haven't said what these actually are yet

It might be notable that they're saying these weapons' perks will be 'enhanceable' but they didn't say 'craftable', so it sounds like it'll be some kind of system where you can raise perks on non-crafted weapons to be enhanced as well? But still only certain weapons, if they're specifically listing these ones in particular?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Halibut Barn posted:

It might be notable that they're saying these weapons' perks will be 'enhanceable' but they didn't say 'craftable', so it sounds like it'll be some kind of system where you can raise perks on non-crafted weapons to be enhanced as well? But still only certain weapons, if they're specifically listing these ones in particular?

That's how the Adepts work now, so I imagine it's expanding that out somewhat?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

No fusions on the list, so solid meh

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

PathAsc posted:

No sidearms on the list, so solid meh

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You won’t play any of this

of course i won't

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Halibut Barn posted:

This ability probably has to be built into the item from the beginning and won’t be added to anything retroactively. Basically kind of soft sunsetting older Legendaries.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

sunday at work posted:

This ability probably has to be built into the item from the beginning and won’t be added to anything retroactively. Basically kind of soft sunsetting older Legendaries.

So we had sunsetting, then origin traits were like Sunset 2.0 and now this is Sunset 3.0 lol

I'm okay with it tho, I've got like 150 guns total, and a chunk of those are exotics, so I'll probably just refarm them anyway if it'll be any purple after XYZ date.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

sunset 2 this and sunset 3 that. it's all bullshit, this is not sunsetting. sunsetting made things unusable, the evolution of gear is not sunsetting because the evolution of gear does not render the previous generation useless

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Kith posted:

sunset 2 this and sunset 3 that. it's all bullshit, this is not sunsetting. sunsetting made things unusable, the evolution of gear is not sunsetting because the evolution of gear does not render the previous generation useless

Okay, soft sunsetting then.

Or alternatively we could petition Bungie to do a proper sunset. It *does* feel like we're due.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

sunset the players i think

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
there is no sunsetting nerds. this is like saying adept weapons sunset other weapons.

there is like literally 1 enhanced perk that actually matters and its enhanced recon so you don't have to worry about going too fast on your izzy rocket rotation. if you are not literally doing that incredibly specific thing, none of the enhanced perks actually matter OP they are just varying degree's of nice to have. i think the last time I even izzy swapped out side of a lowman was....contest RoN????? for planets?

other considerations

Enhanced surrounded which...no one uses or does anything with outside of lowman strats or ocassionally accidently proc-ing on crota. you might have it on your crafted sword but are you actually maneuvering crota around to proc it? big doubt bc its hella annoying to do and as the tractor titan in lowman i am responsible for positioning, i am very familiar with how annoying it is to proc that or synco's. It sucks and you usually have to use the tower guys which opens a whole different set of problems, espc when if you're trying to do the strand, shotgun, punch situation.

Enhanced overflow - last relevant on thoughtless F. maybe some edge use cases in older fusions but Envious Assassin is so hot rn

4TTC - doesn't exist on rockets so lol, but even if linears or MGs were in anyway relevant it just extends your window which is like nice....but you don't need.

field prep - more ammo good but like ususally heavy ammo is not a big issue anymore? we all have cenotaph friends or know to run finder/scout with exotic primary.

idk do any of the other enhanced perks matter or do anything

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Enhanced Incandescent gives you a non-trivial number of additional scorch stacks.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i had a break up with enhanced incandescent during crota day one bc i would rather stuff be simply dead than scorched and left bridge to swap my ammit to ONE FOR ALL and never looked back but this is true i have heard if you build into it the stack thing is very fun and make big boom. I am also a titan so like maybe more relevant for other classes.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
This is a game where to accomplish META DPS and all that poo poo you need like 12 guns in the vault tops, so enhanced perks are about as useful as having anything else in your vault.

The reason people keep saying sunsetting is because the devs seem to be nudging people to farm new weapons to replace old. No old guns are not verboten but it's spirit not letter of the law obviously. Also you *can* still use those sunset weapons, especially in power neglected activities like PvP so iunno, I guess they only got half sunset :v:

No one is forcing you to drop old weapons, it isn't TRVE SVNSET but also the intention is there, and that's good enough for most people to reference sunsetting, that's it. There's no conspiracy.

Waroduce posted:

i had a break up with enhanced incandescent during crota day one bc i would rather stuff be simply dead than scorched and left bridge to swap my ammit to ONE FOR ALL and never looked back but this is true i have heard if you build into it the stack thing is very fun and make big boom. I am also a titan so like maybe more relevant for other classes.

After dabbling with Voltshot and Incandescent and still loving it on some guns I',m returning to Firefly/Dragonfly as my boomboom perk of choice because it does more bigger number.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

i hope i never have to read "lowman" again

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Guardian who espouses "lowman" refuses to solo a dungeon. Curious!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Is zero players in a fireteam lowman because if so I’m the best in the world

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Gonna go let everyone in the CoD, WoW and CS threads know I don't play those games, brb.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Who tf are you

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
God I ask myself that every loving day.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

syntaxfunction posted:

God I ask myself that every loving day.

I’ve actually got nothing against you or anything, that comment was a reference to “popular” destiny community member and goon who got mad at me because I called him out for being friends with a weird groomer and he said that to me without irony

Anyway

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Hackan Slash posted:

Guardian who espouses "lowman" refuses to solo a dungeon. Curious!

I am a social gamer. If I wanted to play with myself I'd do it in bed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is Pre Astyanax IV worth farming the GM for? If so, which roll should I be going for, if not, which tier of Lake of Shadows is best for farming up some rep?

Just scoping out the rolls here, just kinda seems like a less good non-craftable Tyranny of Heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

omg chael crash posted:

I’ve actually got nothing against you or anything, that comment was a reference to “popular” destiny community member and goon who got mad at me because I called him out for being friends with a weird groomer and he said that to me without irony
Joke's on you, nobody who plays destiny is popular.