Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

https://x.com/nypost/status/1767996484585165225?t=9nq-TVR9dMQQHynJ0fcOPg&s=09

Apparently Jordan Poyer has some interesting friends. AFC East incest is wild this offseason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Lmfao at that nfl shield tattoo that’s sick

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Eat that rob lowe

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
someone tell the krafts to spend some loving money

they spent the last two months blaming bill for all the problems and so far all they've done is resign players bill drafted or signed

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Kendall Fuller is official - 2 years 16.5 million.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Amy Pole Her posted:

Kendall Fuller is official - 2 years 16.5 million.

That seems like a solid deal for Fuller. Good get.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

they spent the last two months blaming bill for all the problems and so far all they've done is resign players bill drafted or signed

I mean I'm pretty happy with all the contracts the Pats have signed, and haven't wanted too many of the ones other teams have made so far. Once I saw the Ridley numbers, I was fine with not getting him, that's probably gonna end poorly

They do have to sign a left tackle, and a bunch of depth pieces. At this point, I think their best option at WR is probably Mike Williams on a mostly bust-y presuming short term contract.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
DeShon Elliot to the Steelers :( Surely they're not relying on Poyer as a starter?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm not convinced we get one of MHJ, Nabers, Odunze just sitting at 10. At which point you're forced to reluctantly draft OT2/3 and sit him behind Tyron Smith and Moses.

Not the worst outcome, but still not ideal.
If you're relying on Tyron Smith and Moses you'll want a good swing tackle so drafting a guy and letting him sit for a little to get up to speed before he subs in for one them when they get hurt. A long term answer for one of the T positions would probably be smart?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

not sure who's around that I think they ought to open the wallet for though, this free agent class is pretty underwhelming.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

not sure who's around that I think they ought to open the wallet for though, this free agent class is pretty underwhelming.

Yeah, as underwhelming as the Dolphins FA has been so far, I'm happy they've avoided overpaying for anyone. All the deals they have signed look pretty good value. Maybe a hair too much for Brooks.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
So the Patriots still don't have an official GM do they?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He doesn't have the official title, but it's Eliot Wolf.

Weird how the son of Ron Wolf got his start in the Packers and worked his way up to the top,

Nov 6, 2002

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

So what? They have like $57m in cap space and one of the least talented rosters in the league. They can't fill all their holes with rookies. Take some swings. Who cares if they over pay some FA for the next 2 years?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Here we go.
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1768364830270914811?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Go play somewhere else.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

https://x.com/nypost/status/1767996484585165225?t=9nq-TVR9dMQQHynJ0fcOPg&s=09

Apparently Jordan Poyer has some interesting friends. AFC East incest is wild this offseason

If you know anything about Poyers wife this is not much of a surprise.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Here's who's left in FA. I think they pretty much have to sign either Tyron Smith or DJ Humphries for way too much money, and could throw money at one of Williams / Hollywood / Samuel in the WR market and maybe Logan Thomas as a depth piece and then a few defensive depth pieces as well, but this isn't exactly fixing your roster

Quarterback
Jimmy Garoppolo
Ryan Tannehill
Joshua Dobbs
Carson Wentz

Running back
J.K. Dobbins
AJ Dillon
Cordarrelle Patterson
Alexander Mattison
Ezekiel Elliott
Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Wide receiver
Mike Williams
Marquise Brown
Michael Thomas
Odell Beckham Jr.
Hunter Renfrow
Curtis Samuel
Tyler Boyd
K.J. Osborn
Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Tight end
Logan Thomas
Adam Trautman

Offensive line
Tyron Smith (T)
Trent Brown (T)
DJ Humphries (T)
Connor Williams (C/G)
Kevin Zeitler (G)
Dalton Risner (G)

Defensive line
Chase Young (DE)
Calais Campbell (DE)
Jadeveon Clowney (EDGE)
Tyus Bowser (EDGE)
Emmanuel Ogbah (EDGE)
Arik Armstead (DT)

Linebacker
Devin White
Tyrel Dodson
Jerome Baker
Oren Burks

Safety
Kamren Curl
Justin Simmons
Julian Blackmon
Jamal Adams
Jordan Fuller
Quandre Diggs
Micah Hyde
Eddie Jackson

Cornerback
Stephon Gilmore
Xavien Howard
Adoree' Jackson
Tre'Davious White
Kristian Fulton
Steven Nelson
Avonte Maddox
Ahkello Witherspoon

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I want to be clear that Garrett Wilson, Corey Davis, Lazard and MVS is a terrible WR room.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Benito Jones come on down! (He sucks)

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Go play somewhere else.

Other than Mike Williams and maybe Boyd, I think I’d prefer Corey over anyone else as a WR3.

They need to draft a WR.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Agree with mcmagic please free Corey let him play with a good qb

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Other than Mike Williams and maybe Boyd, I think I’d prefer Corey over anyone else as a WR3.

They need to draft a WR.

Unless they sign exactly Tyron Smith (likely not happening) they still need to draft OL. If they are going to have a good WR room, Douglas has to get creative in the trade market.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

I want to be clear that Garrett Wilson, Corey Davis, Lazard and MVS is a terrible WR room.
This is Jason Brownlee erasure!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So what? They have like $57m in cap space and one of the least talented rosters in the league. They can't fill all their holes with rookies. Take some swings. Who cares if they over pay some FA for the next 2 years?

https://twitter.com/henrycmckenna/status/1768370663771836805?s=46

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This is what you learn when you're a fan of a terrible team who has a lot of cap room. You never get good players for it lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Let DJ reader run off. drat.

I wonder if Connor Williams comes back to Miami with a decent salary like 2/18

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Bring X back I say

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

Bring X back I say

I'd rather have Fuller in 2024 than Howard sadly.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

I'd rather have Fuller in 2024 than Howard sadly.

¿por que no los dos?

I know the answer but hell, he's still out there.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Fuller was much better than X last season so I’m happy

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

If you know anything about Poyers wife this is not much of a surprise.

If you know anything about Poyer it's not much of a surprise.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

fsif posted:

If you know anything about Poyer it's not much of a surprise.

I didn’t, but I assumed based on his wife

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

This is what you learn when you're a fan of a terrible team who has a lot of cap room. You never get good players for it lol

Chukwuma Okorafor will lead the next generation of Patriots to greatness.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Chukwuma Okorafor will lead the next generation of Patriots to greatness.

the pats got the guy from 12 years a slave?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

TheBizzness posted:

I didn’t, but I assumed based on his wife

Nobody is knocking off Brent Grimes' wife off the throne. Miko was the Goat.

"i knew this qb stunk the minute we signed to this team but i tried to keep quiet so i didnt discourage bae from believing in his team."

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Heard that the Pats would have had to pay Ridley like 26m to make up for the taxes and whatnot. I'm fine with not giving that contract to a 29 year old.

Like yea, all we signed is a bunch of role players, but there was literally just that available plus 1 super expensive WR2 and an oft-injured, old tackle (who they should still probably sign as long as it's not also 26m/per)

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

pasaluki posted:

Nobody is knocking off Brent Grimes' wife off the throne. Miko was the Goat.

"i knew this qb stunk the minute we signed to this team but i tried to keep quiet so i didnt discourage bae from believing in his team."

I’m sure she was cackling when she saw that NFLPA survey about the Bucs.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nosre posted:

Heard that the Pats would have had to pay Ridley like 26m to make up for the taxes and whatnot. I'm fine with not giving that contract to a 29 year old.

Like yea, all we signed is a bunch of role players, but there was literally just that available plus 1 super expensive WR2 and an oft-injured, old tackle (who they should still probably sign as long as it's not also 26m/per)

I love when taxes gently caress over a team other than the Jets lol

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1768387133163573336
Shocked they haven't found a taker....

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1768395039934185483

They LOVE bad DL. Out of Kinlaw Jefferson, Fotu and Thomas, Jefferson is BY FAR the best and he didn't want to be here.