Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

I hope they leave a "sorry we missed you" notice without knocking and prolong his misery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

thisusedyet posted:

See, I'd heard you have to be in control of your opponent at all times, so slams were a no-no... but apparently whoever told me that was full of poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eLLDc78gn0

As mentioned before it'd still be illegal in high school wrestling but this is especially funny to me because thanks to rampant Comics Curmudgeon reading years ago there was a plot in Gil Thorp where it was revealed one of the players on the football team accidentally killed a friend years ago doing a fallaway slam to him (in a backyard wrestling context).

(note: there is a good probability this is not a fallaway slam he is doing)

Granted this was in 2007 and Gil Thorp's a bit faster about time progression than most soap opera comics so by now a one Mr. Cully Vale had probably gone on to wrestle Count Crushinski at some point (have Gil Thorp and Rex Morgan ever crossed paths? I dunno)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Caption It!

Mexikid Stories

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Angry_Ed posted:

As mentioned before it'd still be illegal in high school wrestling but this is especially funny to me because thanks to rampant Comics Curmudgeon reading years ago there was a plot in Gil Thorp where it was revealed one of the players on the football team accidentally killed a friend years ago doing a fallaway slam to him (in a backyard wrestling context).

(note: there is a good probability this is not a fallaway slam he is doing)

"I don't know what happened! We were just practicing Tiger Driver '91s on concrete, an-a-a-a-a-an-an' he fell wrong! I told him to tuck his chin!"

Cul de Sac

FoxTrot Classix

Rose is Rose

"Corky?" is my reaction every time I'm reminded that this guy's name is Corky.

Bad Machinery

Because of John Allison comics "BLAT BLAT BLAT" is the default onomatopoeia for gunfire in my head now

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Ok, he has a mastery of negative space. But now we see Schkade has a mastery of non-existent space.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (October 10-12, 2005)

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I'm doubling down on my earlier bet: the assassin is (or is working with) Inquisitor Aegia.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Zits is convergently evolving into Dustin

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

Because it's the nice thing to do (And also we're ashamed)

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Kavak posted:

Because it's the nice thing to do (And also we're ashamed)

In my opinion, it's mostly defensive. If I don't put things away, the cleaning people will hide them in the worst possible place. Ask me about how I found my mail-in ballot in a laundry bag.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Also cleaning is a different thing from tidying up all your crap, and no prizes for guessing which one you're paying a cleaning person to do.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
The Family Upstairs/The Dingbat Family(September 15, 1910)

Baron Bean(March 16, 1916)

Polly and Her Pals(February 13, 1913)

Gasoline Alley(November 6, 1919)

Us Boys(March 14, 1912)

The Gumps(April 12, 1917)

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Haifisch posted:

Also cleaning is a different thing from tidying up all your crap, and no prizes for guessing which one you're paying a cleaning person to do.

Also I can’t imagine having a stranger put my stuff away because then I’d never find it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake The Magician

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Cassius kinda looks like his dad would as a child.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Wandering Culinarian

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

quote:

In addition to everything this story is handling well, this negotiation about "do we really need to do surgery?" also feels very real. Completely different level of seriousness, of course, but I'm currently dealing with a wisdom tooth that decided to come in for my 50th birthday and I've been having similar conversations with my dentist.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I didn't post yesterday because it was not a good day so here's two day's worth of comics.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

These goddamn faces are not helping Phantom look any less creepy for forcing a thing between his son and a girl he's never met.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Neither strip mentions Keith... is the story finally over?

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!
Pluggers

Pluggers are trapped in loveless marriages.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Zereth posted:

Neither strip mentions Keith... is the story finally over?

Tomorrow: "You know, this salmon reminds that although there are plenty of fish in the sea, sometimes you get the same fish you caught and released a long time ago. Like my neighbor Keith--"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

I'm glad Jules drew the harp dropping in increasingly lovely thought bubbles three days in a row, shamelessly submitting a doodle on Wednesday, so that we might understand what it means that a woman let a harp fall to the ground and a cat was nearby. Also the constant thought bubbles reminding us what cats and banjos are and what they do. I think we also need another... it's Thursday, so at least two more days of Cherry saying OUTDOOR CATS DO BAD OUTDOOR CAT THINGS, maybe with a reminder of how Banjo made Violet act like an idiot?

quote:

The Phantom

Now speaking of an artist clearly rushing his way through a paycheck: yeesh! Nice ghoul eyes, dude. And nice jackass smirk from the Phantom, trying to get his son to date a woman by grinning at him like the Joker and practically saying "scared of women, pussy?"

I wonder what notes and drafts they're giving the artist to get this slow motion wreck.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 15, 2024

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Who Cares About Housing Values

COMING AROUND THE CURVE IT'S FRESNO NIGHTCRAWLER IN FIRST

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

You can't tie down a banjo cat!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 7/20/52

Archie 11/3-5/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 4/11-13/77

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Conan: The Blood Egg Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

Carlota’s great weakness as an enemy is that she is about 5ft tall and can be tossed like a ping pong ball. She makes up for this by owning a very great number of short, sharp and pointy blades. Her achilles heel: easily imprisoned in burlap.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Comic Strips 2024: Even the secret crime czar of greater Hackensack can fall in love

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Olive & Popeye

Our Boarding House (May 4-6, 1925)

Out Our Way: Cowboys Revisited (May 5, 1925)

Toonerville Folks (July 20-22, 1922)

Dok's Dippy String of Tin Cans (February 20, 1915, and no, I couldn't keep away forever.)

Little Lefty (December 8-9, 1939; the 7th was a repeat of the 6th for some reason)

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

now this is the lotte we never got from the adult charlotte comics

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

JethroMcB posted:

Rose is Rose

"Corky?" is my reaction every time I'm reminded that this guy's name is Corky.

I grew up with a 'Corky.' He's a decent guy. It is, however a permanent nickname.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

The_Other posted:

You can't tie down a banjo cat!

beaten, but

EasyEW posted:

Toonerville Folks (July 20-22, 1922)

The ferryman being named, "Sharon" never gets old :)

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 15, 2024

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Ahhh....DP. Triple. poo poo.

One from the archive, comin' up

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 15, 2024

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

PainterofCrap posted:

I grew up with a 'Corky.' He's a decent guy. It is, however a permanent nickname.

was a dude who got a manager spot at my work, and this pissed off everyone in the department who had worked there for years; the assistant manager was told he wasn't experienced enough, his assistant the same. the new dude came from an entire other department and had to be trained by everyone how to use every single machine.

they called him Corky instead of his name. he lasted about 3 months on the job before he went elsewhere.

vera valiant has grown on me. i want to see this HERBERTS ADULT BOOKS in color because in my mind, the letters are either gold or red and they flash like a Vegas sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

If I am paying a lady good money to come clean my house for, say, two hours, then I want her spending those two hours cleaning my house and not picking up my clutter.

Luann

Sure is gonna be fun watching this woman get browbeaten into submission over the next 9 months. Of course you want kids, Toni! A woman who doesn't want kids is unnatural!

Gil Thorp