Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
yesterday I got invited to an early screening of Immaculate. it was very average but at least it was R rated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

MarcusSA posted:

It’s one of the few movies that actually made me angry that I wasted my time watching it.

It has no redeeming qualities.

I mean, dude. That’s really kind of on you for watching it at this point. “That tall glass of piss tasted terrible!”

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

poisonpill posted:

I mean, dude. That’s really kind of on you for watching it at this point. “That tall glass of piss tasted terrible!”

I really have no one to blame but myself but I thought it might be a little entertaining.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
that new crow has no aesthetic. it could be a car commercial

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That is an aesthetic. They got whole videos of toktok and vine compilations representing car commercial aesthetics and energy

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.

MarcusSA posted:

It’s one of the few movies that actually made me angry that I wasted my time watching it.

It has no redeeming qualities.

I'd say it has 1 redeeming quality; as a cure for impostor syndrome in aspiring writers. If Zach Snyder somehow manages to earn millions writing such utter garbage, there's no need to feel insecure about your own work.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Origami Dali posted:

that new crow has no aesthetic. it could be a car commercial

Just because it isn't going full camp and clown face-paint doesn't mean there's no aesthetic. If anything it feels a bit more operatic with the big locations, literal shots of people dancing on stage at a theatre, etc.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Ovenmaster posted:

I'd say it has 1 redeeming quality; as a cure for impostor syndrome in aspiring writers. If Zach Snyder somehow manages to earn millions writing such utter garbage, there's no need to feel insecure about your own work.

the virgin artiste who spends years perfecting their screenplay that never gets produced vs. the chad Zach Snyder that just does a bunch of drugs while watching Star Wars and draws a few pictures in crayon, then releases that movie three times as directors cuts

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.

MarcusSA posted:

I really have no one to blame but myself but I thought it might be a little entertaining.

I like to background-watch bad movies while I do other stuff on the computer. I found Rebel Moon to not even be watchable as background noise and gave up 1/3 of the way through.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I don't know what's worse, Snyder's intentional plan to make a lovely movie promising the directors cut is the 'real version' of the movie, or the weirdo Snyder fans that go along with it.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't know what's worse, Snyder's intentional plan to make a lovely movie promising the directors cut is the 'real version' of the movie, or the weirdo Snyder fans that go along with it.

Yeah, I really hope this garbage dies off, but I have my doubts.

The first fight scene was completely bloodless and sanitized to hell and back, obviously holding back everything for the "real version". That was when the movie went from 'this isn't looking promising' to 'gently caress this irredeemable garbage'.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Snyder bragged more people watched it than Barbie.

Yeah but it turns out Netflix counts all clicks as two views lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Was it this thread that mentioned Triangle of Sadness bc this movie rules. An arms dealer billionaore blown up by his own grenade is my favourite kind of poetry.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Khanstant posted:

Was it this thread that mentioned Triangle of Sadness bc this movie rules. An arms dealer billionaore blown up by his own grenade is my favourite kind of poetry.

Was it the one that has the extended vomiting scene because I gotta watch that someday.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I feel like the thread was generally negative on Triangle of Sadness. The whole poor people will be just as lovely and exploitive to rich people if the situation was reversed conclusion during the final act was especially dumb.

The best part of the movie was the intro with the models, and you can get 90% of the same effect watching the video for the Ladytron track Seventeen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6jaYJx7yeI

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Rebel Moon was good, actually

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
where's my Moonies at

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

By the measure of being a star wars no one talked about at least, it was arguably one of the best. Really only solo a star wars story can compete

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Vim Fuego posted:

Rebel Moon was good, actually

I'm waiting for the Tig Notaro cut.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm with Star Wars Aficionado Rich Evans on Solo, it's so dumb that I can't help but like it.

Granted I haven't seen any other new Star Wars movies/shows besides 7 and R1, both of which were fine, so I figure I'm watching Star Wars correctly.

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
The Crow: Autotune

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Speaking of good theme music for a movie that was never made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXPfA_gappc

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

I watched the Crow recently, it's still pretty fun for a movie that doesnt really have any tension or stakes to it. It's kinda like death wish in that way. But it's too bad Brandon Lee didnt get to be a bigger star, he's got this perfect 90s earnest actiness. Great production design, out-burtons tim burton, gross, weird, not appropriate for kids and way too dumb for adults, and the soundtrack is one of the best of all time.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I’m currently watching Mutant War, a movie that features Cameron Mitchell as the cranky leader of a band of irradiated mutant rapists.

I do not understand how this hasn’t been on RLM yet.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That sounds like a suspicious amount of movement and speech for Cameron Mitchell.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

LanceHunter posted:

I feel like the thread was generally negative on Triangle of Sadness. The whole poor people will be just as lovely and exploitive to rich people if the situation was reversed conclusion during the final act was especially dumb.

The best part of the movie was the intro with the models, and you can get 90% of the same effect watching the video for the Ladytron track Seventeen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6jaYJx7yeI

I didn't take that message, so much as that poor or not these people were raised and conditioned by that system, all of their values and everything they know, every chip on their shoulder, and so on is completely parsed through capitalism.

Treating your masters as they treated you is a pretty common fantasy. I also don't think it's fair to say she's just as nasty as capitalism in their temporary society without capital. For one thing, if she had done as shift manager wanted and shared "equally" she would essentially be in the same role as before, sacrificing her wealth and labor for a smaller return than the value she generates for others.

Turning the other cheek is a lovely expectation of the oppressed.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I AM GRANDO posted:

That sounds like a suspicious amount of movement and speech for Cameron Mitchell.

He stands up unsupported almost the whole time!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

DebonaireD posted:

I watched the Crow recently, it's still pretty fun for a movie that doesnt really have any tension or stakes to it. It's kinda like death wish in that way. But it's too bad Brandon Lee didnt get to be a bigger star, he's got this perfect 90s earnest actiness. Great production design, out-burtons tim burton, gross, weird, not appropriate for kids and way too dumb for adults, and the soundtrack is one of the best of all time.

Fire it up! FIRE IT UP! FIRE IT UP!!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
the original crow holds up. alex proyas rocks

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Congress needs to forget about TikTok and make CGI squibs illegal.

Did you expect the Crow to be an exact remake?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you dont kill your lead actor, its not a real Crow film.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Gripweed posted:

He stands up unsupported almost the whole time!

did he say anything about a “tums festival”?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

aledesma posted:

did he say anything about a “tums festival”?

no but at one point the hero kicks a mutant in the balls and Mitchell yells "Don't kick him there, I want to breed him!"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

bvor star wars and the thing is an n nn y

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

That DICK! posted:

bvor star wars and the thing is an n nn y

you said it!

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Have you seen Brandon Lee in "Legacy of Rage" or "Showdown in Little Tokyo"? They are not the best movies but he does a good job and if he had lived I bet he'd been a pretty decent action star.

Edit:

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Mar 15, 2024

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
I saw Dunc 2 and it was real real good!
It had a visual and aural identity of its own!

I cannot handle Zendaya as passion inspiring romantic lead though. Every time the music swelled and they did a kiss or whatever my brain just played a clip show of all the bits in arrested development when someone looks at a photo of Michael Cera's girlfriend and says "what, her? Is she funny or something".

To be fair Villeneuve and Zimmer are both loving TERRIBLE at romance so those scenes never stood a chance anyway.

PS shout out to the generic jank rear end Drone operator that works on every single show I've ever done. I don't know why Villeneuve hired one of you to get the sweeping shots of those romance scenes but the crappy camera repo at the end of each one was like a warm blanket.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Have you seen Brandon Lee in "Legacy of Rage" or "Showdown in Little Tokyo"? They are not the best movies but he does a good job and if he had lived I bet he'd been a pretty decent action star.

Edit:

showdown in little tokyo actually rocks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Vinegar Syndrome just announced that their third Home Grown Horrors bluray box set will include Hauntedween, with a whole new 4k transfer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022

Kingo Ligma posted:

I saw Dunc 2 and it was real real good!
It had a visual and aural identity of its own!

I cannot handle Zendaya as passion inspiring romantic lead though. Every time the music swelled and they did a kiss or whatever my brain just played a clip show of all the bits in arrested development when someone looks at a photo of Michael Cera's girlfriend and says "what, her? Is she funny or something".

To be fair Villeneuve and Zimmer are both loving TERRIBLE at romance so those scenes never stood a chance anyway.

PS shout out to the generic jank rear end Drone operator that works on every single show I've ever done. I don't know why Villeneuve hired one of you to get the sweeping shots of those romance scenes but the crappy camera repo at the end of each one was like a warm blanket.

Zendaya's mayonegg skills are unparalleled!