Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Croccers posted:

lol, on sale price for Aus is $80AUD

Still less expensive than in :poland: (89.77 AUD)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Cojawfee posted:

Is it bluetooth? That sounds like interference.

Nope its wired, a G513 to be exact.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

boofhead posted:

Is the Syberia game pack worth getting for like 12 euros? I've never played them but I'm a huge fan of story based 3d worlds with strong character work and less of a focus on combat - so I loved all the longest journey games and beyond a steel sky, and enjoyed Deus ex human revolution and so forth, but bounce hard off the games where you're a solitary traveler who must collect notes. I'm feeling the itch for something like the longest journey but no matter how hard I google it just seems like a niche genre somehow

Like Kibayasu suggested, 3 is pretty dire compared to the first 2. Like, it really soured me on the whole lot.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Mr.Acula posted:

Anyone else have a Logitech keyboard that has been acting fucky for a while? (ignoring inputs or multiplying them sometimes) It seems to only happen when i have a game open or firefox. I feel like it might be some conflict with the cheap 2nd monitor im using or GHub is just being garbage as usual would be my first guess but im not a great computer toucher. :shrug:

uninstall ghub to narrow down if it's a software or hardware issue

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Another Steam Spring Sale, another battle against my wishlist and backlog! Ironically, the games that are most on my mind currently are Last Epoch and Pacific Drive, and they aren't on any sale, so boo (unless we count 17% off on Fanatical). I'm gonna pick up Death of a Wish since that came out, and maybe I'll pick up a few little cheap games for funsies: Glittermitten Grove, Assault Spy, Dungeon Siege 2, StarCrawlers, Grapple Dog, Intravenous, Gauntlet and so on...augh, but at this rate, I should probably just buy a big game I want instead of a bunch of little weird games!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive already put 120 hours into last epoch since 1.0 launch. its pretty good.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Mr.Acula posted:

Anyone else have a Logitech keyboard that has been acting fucky for a while? (ignoring inputs or multiplying them sometimes) It seems to only happen when i have a game open or firefox. I feel like it might be some conflict with the cheap 2nd monitor im using or GHub is just being garbage as usual would be my first guess but im not a great computer toucher. :shrug:

I had an issue with my G910 where the G-keys I used for Discord voice controls were on like a 5 second delay, which turned out to be specifically because of the Echo key lighting setting (changing it to basic immediately fixed the issue), so it's likely just GHub being poo poo somehow.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
lol i just bought prince of persia the lost crown on the epic store but something about it is broken and it just says 'ubisoft redemption required' without letting me do anything at all. great work epic & ubisoft!

and now epic support told me i don't need to activate it and should just install the game. thanks for the help

lih fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 14, 2024

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

explosivo posted:

Sounds like 2 will be pretty similar (but nobody knows for sure because it's not out yet) so if it looks like something you'd be into it's probably worth checking out for the current price point. And play whatever class you want to. It's very flexible and you'll have more fun picking what looks cool to you instead of going with whatever someone tells you is the best class.

Concur with this, the gameplay looks identical between DS1 and 2 so honestly if you can get 1 for cheap it'll be a pretty good approximation of the gameplay in 2

Orv
May 4, 2011

FishMcCool posted:

For DD2, I'm looking forward to the plethora of "pawns are dumb", "where is multiplayer", "we need multiplayer", "how do I join my friend's game" threads (in between threads explaining why DD2 is a woke conspiracy).

So many people are going to get burned on the DD2 hype train and it's going to lead to some incredible posts

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

gently caress multiplayer incl. coop

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Pleads posted:

I had an issue with my G910 where the G-keys I used for Discord voice controls were on like a 5 second delay, which turned out to be specifically because of the Echo key lighting setting (changing it to basic immediately fixed the issue), so it's likely just GHub being poo poo somehow.

Im using echo lighting so ill check this when i get home

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Orv posted:

So many people are going to get burned on the DD2 hype train and it's going to lead to some incredible posts

How is anyone going to get burned with a game about Dragon Dogs? Sounds like a winner to me

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Ian McShane hyping up Dragon's Dogma 2? Hell yeah.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Goblins ill like loopy cunts.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

FutureCop posted:

Another Steam Spring Sale, another battle against my wishlist and backlog! Ironically, the games that are most on my mind currently are Last Epoch and Pacific Drive, and they aren't on any sale, so boo (unless we count 17% off on Fanatical). I'm gonna pick up Death of a Wish since that came out, and maybe I'll pick up a few little cheap games for funsies: Glittermitten Grove, Assault Spy, Dungeon Siege 2, StarCrawlers, Grapple Dog, Intravenous, Gauntlet and so on...augh, but at this rate, I should probably just buy a big game I want instead of a bunch of little weird games!

Yeah, apart from like 1 game that I intend on buying because it's on a 90% off sale (an old-ish train game called Rails Across America), I'm not really sure what to buy right now between all the other stuff I'm working through. I'll probably do what I did last sale and just wait for the Steam Train to show up to indirectly grab something via the power of collective bad decisionmaking.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

someday there'll be a subnautica-like that is good, and cheap in one of these sales, and also finished

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

there will never be a finished subnautica like

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

someday there'll be a subnautica-like that is good, and cheap in one of these sales, and also finished

Sorry, but you can only choose one of the three options

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Major Isoor posted:

Sorry, but you can only choose one of the three options

Right, if paying more could get us the games we want we'd all be playing GOAT Star Citizen.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Jack B Nimble posted:

Right, if paying more could get us the games we want we'd all be playing GOAT Star Citizen.

You mean to say Star Citizen is a Subnautica-like?! (And hey, I said they can only choose one... I didn't say how well it would deliver on it :v: )

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011
Well it's certainly exploring unknown depths and attracting strange lifeforms.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

The 7th Guest posted:

Sons of the Forest ain't bad. I got it in early access and then played through it when it hit 1.0 earlier this month

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol, Nexus: Jupiter Incident is on sale for a buck

I haven't thought about that game in decades, but apparently there was a failed sequel kickstarter and they did a bunch of patching in the few years between then and now. I recall it being pretty middling but what the hell why not

That name rings a bell. I honestly can't tell from the Steam page - what type of game IS it? There's just a bunch of zoomed in shots of spaceships and the words space opera being thrown about, but nothing about the gameplay. RTS?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Propaganda Hour posted:

Sons of the Forest ain't bad. I got it in early access and then played through it when it hit 1.0 earlier this month

How pressured by time are you in Sons? Is it like the first game where you need to keep up with the increasingly dangerous monsters that attack you? And/or is there a setting that you can fiddle with to change this

Orv
May 4, 2011

Serephina posted:

That name rings a bell. I honestly can't tell from the Steam page - what type of game IS it? There's just a bunch of zoomed in shots of spaceships and the words space opera being thrown about, but nothing about the gameplay. RTS?

It's spaceships squad tactics, in the more granular and extremely fiddly sense of 90s/2000s squad tactics. Very cool, pretty hard, never got the recognition it should've.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How pressured by time are you in Sons? Is it like the first game where you need to keep up with the increasingly dangerous monsters that attack you? And/or is there a setting that you can fiddle with to change this

You can change that, but by default the pressure is pretty low. The highest level enemies appear after day 40 or 50. I finished the story around day 15.

There is a difficulty option that's similar to Minecraft pacifist mode that lets you just romp around and build tree forts if you want to do that, too.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I bought this anime mech game that is pretty damned cool for $8.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2055050/Cavalry_Girls/

When you look at the store page, it's a bunch of anime, I know, but it has some really cool systems and mechs. You have to protect the gate for 100 days, so each day you have these short combat sessions with your mechs (top down shooter) and at the end of the day you get paid, spend money on mech enhancements, spend money on city defenses and a bunch of other stuff. Each day or few days you get new systems added. The interesting thing is as you progress the UI changes. It starts out really basic and as new systems get added it gets more complex and more interesting looking. It's a really cool game design so far and it's $8. Also if you like anime, it's really anime.

Also I finally bought Kenshi, god help me.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

3 servers for Battlefront

lmao how do you gently caress this up the game was already made the hardest part was already done!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Endless Legend, mentioned pages back, is $7.50.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Endless Legend, mentioned pages back, is $7.50.

Ohhh yeah, I really should play more of that. Endless Legend is good - so that's a great deal!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Serephina posted:

Orv posted:

It's spaceships squad tactics, in the more granular and extremely fiddly sense of 90s/2000s squad tactics. Very cool, pretty hard, never got the recognition it should've.
I'd argue that it's not *that* fiddly, definitely not to the level that Nebulous looks to be, which seems straight up milsim from all the footage I've seen. Nexus is much more Star Trek/Space Opera so it's more about managing shields and launching torpedoes than customizing individual submunitions and doing maths for armor penetration. But yeah, it's small scale fleet action, I doubt you ever command even 10 ships at any one time. Anyway, I had no idea it was still being patched at all, finna pick it up with cardmoney.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Propaganda Hour posted:

I tried it when it first came out. Does base building have a point or is all the stuff in caves still?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
System Shock remake is 50% off, might be time to add it to the library. Never played the original so I don't have any nostalgia to draw from but it's been referenced everywhere for decades, recreating it in a modern game engine is a good excuse to finally give it a try. Saw it pop up a few times in the GOTY thread as well so I'm assuming they did a good job with it.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Rusty posted:

Kenshi is a game I loving hate, I hate playing, I don't have a good time, but if I had to get stuck on a desert island with one game it might be Kenshi

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I also own and hate Kenshi but my desert island game would definitely be Rimworld (which is 10% off)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I respect the hell out of Kenshi and the people who can come to grips with the systems but I have tried many times to get into it and it just is the opposite of fun to me. I think it's one of those games I watched streamers/youtubers play and it looks like a blast in a tightly edited video and hear so much praise over it here/elsewhere that I figured I'd try too but playing the game is just a massive slog and very much not for me.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rusty posted:

When you look at the store page, it's a bunch of anime, I know, but it has some really cool systems and mechs. You have to protect the gate for 100 days, so each day you have these short combat sessions with your mechs (top down shooter) and at the end of the day you get paid, spend money on mech enhancements, spend money on city defenses and a bunch of other stuff. Each day or few days you get new systems added. The interesting thing is as you progress the UI changes. It starts out really basic and as new systems get added it gets more complex and more interesting looking. It's a really cool game design so far and it's $8. Also if you like anime, it's really anime.
i like how the gameplay looks pretty standard (if busy from all the fog) and then the inbetween screens look like someone had an anime wallpaper pack downloaded

like it's a normal drawing but also v contextless and not related to the UI so it looks like wallpaper to me

also yeah i've thought about The Forest because it's $5 in the sale. definitely seems more aggressive in terms of enemies than Subnautica was tho. i also saw Necesse is $5 but that game seems like it's never going to be finished

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 15, 2024

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

explosivo posted:

I respect the hell out of Kenshi and the people who can come to grips with the systems but I have tried many times to get into it and it just is the opposite of fun to me. I think it's one of those games I watched streamers/youtubers play and it looks like a blast in a tightly edited video and hear so much praise over it here/elsewhere that I figured I'd try too but playing the game is just a massive slog and very much not for me.

after trying Outward and Dragons Dogma because of people in this thread i skipped kenshi. it will live in my mind as an amazing game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Rusty posted:

Any translation issues? I see they couldn’t be bothered to finish translating their store page and that’s usually a bad sign.