Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

drrockso20 posted:

Considering the current thread title has been in place for like 3-4 years now I think we are vastly overdue for a new one(threads as active as this one are should change titles on a quarterly basis at minimum), especially since it is honestly kind of a poo poo thread title*

*though at least not as bad as say the lovely homophobic one the Godzilla/Kaiju general thread had been stuck with for years until relatively recently when it finally got changed

I coined the name Gaydorah when a picture of Ghidorah with rainbow wings popped up. Was not intended to be homophobic, but I wasn’t particularly happy it made it into the thread title because “Gaydorah the Explorer” was really lame.

I also came up with the current name for this sub forum if that makes things better. Or worse.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DoctorWhat posted:

I think about this thread title absolutely every time I buy a Transformer at Target or another supermarket.

Word. Hell, I bought a Gundam kit at a Toys R Us a couple weeks ago, and when the cashier asked me if I wanted a gift receipt, I was all "haha do I look like the kind of dude that needs a gift receipt for this"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Last Call posted:

Turned out the secret sauce to Transformers comics was including wrestling.

You know the sound effect.

Also the Star Raiders are up on Pulse if anyone wanted to jump on those.

The Transformers: limited quantities available on Pulseaaaaaand they're gone.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 14, 2024

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You know the sound effect.

Also the Star Raiders are up on Pulse if anyone wanted to jump on those.

The Transformers: limited quantities available on Pulseaaaaaand they're gone.

No more Filtch.

EDIT: Quote is not edit, sorry.

RIGHT OUT OF MY CART, MAN

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I know it was explained just a week or two ago why they do this with limited drops but I'll continue to call it loving stupid.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I'm just waiting to see whether these will be like the Toxitron guys and hang around on shelves into the new year, or if they'll be like the Velocitron figures and be so scarce as to not exist until they turn up at some random country's discount stores in a year and a half.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Good Listener posted:

I know it was explained just a week or two ago why they do this with limited drops but I'll continue to call it loving stupid.

The brick and mortar stores demanded equal footing*

*only ever stocking like two copies of everything so they sell out within microseconds.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I use to think places around me were deprived of product.

After watching vids of people trying to find action figures out in stores in various places across Canada and the US that I expected would be packed I came to realize this is simply how things are now.

Growing up as an 80's kid, my view point of the current toy scape in stores is little more than a wasteland.

Two very different times, what is true then, is definitely not now.

It makes me wish some people who came after could experience what so many of us did as kids. They would be absolutely stunned by how much stuff was everywhere once.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Robot Style posted:

I'm just waiting to see whether these will be like the Toxitron guys and hang around on shelves into the new year, or if they'll be like the Velocitron figures and be so scarce as to not exist until they turn up at some random country's discount stores in a year and a half.

What version of Velocitron did you have on shelves? Only Cosmos and later additions like Crasher and Shadowstrip could really be called “rare”

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Last Call posted:

I use to think places around me were deprived of product.

After watching vids of people trying to find action figures out in stores in various places across Canada and the US that I expected would be packed I came to realize this is simply how things are now.

Growing up as an 80's kid, my view point of the current toy scape in stores is little more than a wasteland.

Two very different times, what is true then, is definitely not now.

It makes me wish some people who came after could experience what so many of us did as kids. They would be absolutely stunned by how much stuff was everywhere once.

I've definitely spent more money than I might have needed to buying eventual shelfwarmers online, because if they don't shelfwarm then I almost never fuckin see them, and I can't predict what will and what won't. We've still got SS86 Voyager Ironhides jamming up the Walmarts.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Nodosaur posted:

What version of Velocitron did you have on shelves? Only Cosmos and later additions like Crasher and Shadowstrip could really be called “rare”
Scourge and Cosmos were definitely so rare as to be nonexistent in my area, but weirdly we had plentiful Galaxy Shuttles - allegedly Canada got the bulk of the Wave 2 stock while other places were more scarce.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Robot Style posted:

Scourge and Cosmos were definitely so rare as to be nonexistent in my area, but weirdly we had plentiful Galaxy Shuttles - allegedly Canada got the bulk of the Wave 2 stock while other places were more scarce.

Yeah, I only have the reports in this thread as to evidence Cosmos was real.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

This one’s long overdue; my verse’s version of Bumblebee. Shes friend shaped!

https://x.com/ty_rannos/status/1768300997309276632?s=46

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\ That's a neat Bumblebee!

I'm gonna shut up about about Filtch now but I want it known that if anyone finds one at a Walmart or wherever and wants to sell it to me I'll buy it from you for a bit more than you paid plus shipping. PM me when if/when this happens.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like this https://twitter.com/TransformersDen/status/1768071046039830654

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Got an email that BBTS has Studio Series Snarl back in stock, looks like they have Slug and Sludge as well if anyone's in need.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

No more Filtch.

EDIT: Quote is not edit, sorry.

RIGHT OUT OF MY CART, MAN

https://us.zavvi.com/toys-action-fi...pqek5zkqWVOhu6Q

Is this it?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Zavvi are dogshit. Do not trust them.

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, I only have the reports in this thread as to evidence Cosmos was real.
I got Cosmos on clearance in Ireland :shrug:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I took 6 Cosmos I bought in the UK to TFCon Chicago, and sold them in the bar outside the dealer hall in 20 mins.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I should get into the international robot smuggling business, clearly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Arquinsiel posted:

I should get into the international robot smuggling business, clearly.

It’s very annoying, wouldn’t recommend. Constantly chasing who has what exclusive and oh no, Hasbro Pulse have it, never mind.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://x.com/ty_rannos/status/1768416942845510014?s=46

Help a girl make a decision. I struggle with getting inspired for this character.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Find some middle ground between the G1 and the purple one.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Arquinsiel posted:

Zavvi are dogshit. Do not trust them.

ah i did not know, thank you!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Open Marriage Night posted:

Find some middle ground between the G1 and the purple one.

G1 is just so boring. His entire personality is being a boring version of Launchpad McQuack

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arquinsiel posted:

Yeah, distribution in the US is frankly weird. I get getting short-shipped but sometimes we just don't see things. Even the scalpers were complaining.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I've honestly had better luck getting the hard to find stuff ordering from frigging Japan. Cosmos, Shadowstrip, Crasher and the latter 2 Insecticons I got off Suruga-ya for msrp and free shipping.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Cowslips Warren posted:

ah i did not know, thank you!
You might get lucky, but I got screwed with the Prime Vehicon and Brakedown and it took ages for them to admit they didn't have stock so I never got a chance to try get them elsewhere.

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, distribution in the US is frankly weird. I get getting short-shipped but sometimes we just don't see things. Even the scalpers were complaining.
For years Ireland was terrible for getting stuff, and it's still not great, but it is a lot better since TRU died. Distribution seems weird everywhere, but at least this side of the world is somewhat less weird.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Get ready for a lot of these

https://x.com/ty_rannos/status/1768448622146855406?s=46
https://x.com/ty_rannos/status/1768447595733475685?s=46

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Nodosaur posted:

G1 is just so boring. His entire personality is being a boring version of Launchpad McQuack

Is it too late to request it be a mashup between G1 Ramjet and Gizmoduck?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

DisposableHero posted:

Is it too late to request it be a mashup between G1 Ramjet and Gizmoduck?

Not even sure how that’d work

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

https://x.com/ty_rannos/status/1768416942845510014?s=46

Help a girl make a decision. I struggle with getting inspired for this character.

I'd say Universe Ramjet since he probably has the most personality of any version of the character and the most unique gimmick

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

I'd say Universe Ramjet since he probably has the most personality of any version of the character and the most unique gimmick

If you can’t vote on Twitter, I’ll count your post here as a vote for him then

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

Oh I did vote there as well, just making my opinion known

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Nodosaur posted:

I can't twitter so please count a vote for the bottom-right image of the four.

Also I quite like Thundercracker's colors and design.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

Nah, there's some straws to grasp at. I remember reading some stuff Raksha picked up on, and if there was anyone to make hay out of the limited Decepticon characterizations of the 80s it was her. Setting aside the whole evil genius thing from IDW, on the show RJ wasn't quite Brutish Lout #438 like his tech specs presented. He rarely used contractions and was often in something of a minor leadership position, giving orders despite being the same rank on paper as the other Coneheads. Here's how I've come to see him:

Ramjet's a thug, to be sure, but he's not one of your brawling fuckups that are so often seen in the Decepticon rank and file. For whatever reason, Megatron sees something useful in him - an ability to get things done, without having to worry that he'll get distracted blasting bystanders or scrapping with his squadron. As such, he's often the one trusted on small detachments to corral his fellow Cons into staying on target. Which comes as an enormous surprise to Ramjet, because all he signed up for is fighting and lots of it. RJ is in most things as direct as possible, leading to his signature aerial move - why maneuver for a guns kill or get on their six when you can simply run them down? However, his unease at his new responsibilities has led to a certain affected formality, which has already created some distance between him and the other Cones. Time will tell if he can get over his uncertainty and grow into the role, or if he'll become a martinet.

Of course you're free to think I'm full of it :v:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I can't twitter so please count a vote for the bottom-right image of the four.

Also I quite like Thundercracker's colors and design.

The Mini-Con shuttle? Got it

And yeah I really love how TC came out.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Phy posted:

Nah, there's some straws to grasp at. I remember reading some stuff Raksha picked up on, and if there was anyone to make hay out of the limited Decepticon characterizations of the 80s it was her. Setting aside the whole evil genius thing from IDW, on the show RJ wasn't quite Brutish Lout #438 like his tech specs presented. He rarely used contractions and was often in something of a minor leadership position, giving orders despite being the same rank on paper as the other Coneheads. Here's how I've come to see him:

Ramjet's a thug, to be sure, but he's not one of your brawling fuckups that are so often seen in the Decepticon rank and file. For whatever reason, Megatron sees something useful in him - an ability to get things done, without having to worry that he'll get distracted blasting bystanders or scrapping with his squadron. As such, he's often the one trusted on small detachments to corral his fellow Cons into staying on target. Which comes as an enormous surprise to Ramjet, because all he signed up for is fighting and lots of it. RJ is in most things as direct as possible, leading to his signature aerial move - why maneuver for a guns kill or get on their six when you can simply run them down? However, his unease at his new responsibilities has led to a certain affected formality, which has already created some distance between him and the other Cones. Time will tell if he can get over his uncertainty and grow into the role, or if he'll become a martinet.

Of course you're free to think I'm full of it :v:

Well, nothing says I can’t do that if he wins. But looking at the poll, Universe looks like the contender so far.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Oh my god, I found a Snarl!

In a store!

...He kind of sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://x.com/ty_rannos/status/1768648670398869545?s=46

It’s okay to base creative decisions on polls, right? :|a