Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Whirling posted:

inexplicable that people continue to give this transphobic and soulless shut-in money for poo poo like a 5/10 ubisoft-style game or stupid theme park rides.

If it was a 8/10 game I'd say get hosed trans people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

PerniciousKnid posted:

ah, the NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 of transphobia

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Some Guy TT posted:

but bashirs not gay remember

the writers went to a lot of trouble to make sure we understood that bashirs not gay

He literally has brunch with Garak

PerniciousKnid posted:

Wasn't it cracked by an insane transphobic person who had to specifically state she wasn't doing it out of spite or something

Ghost Leviathan has issued a correction as of 03:23 on Mar 15, 2024

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Whirling posted:

ah, the NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 of transphobia

close

https://kotaku.com/the-brilliant-snes-emulator-creator-known-as-near-has-d-1847182851

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
started watching the new Guy Ritchie tv show, The Gentleman. seems pretty good so far even though i'm usually a bit mixed on ritchies works in the past

at least i can understand what they're fookin' saying mate

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

but bashirs not gay remember

the writers went to a lot of trouble to make sure we understood that bashirs not gay

I know that the intro scene between them was intended to indicate they were into each other, but I never got those vibes. Bashir just seems scared of a guy who is very obviously a spy.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

i say swears online posted:

lol look who's still putting out music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB_d27VQ6yg

edit drat this is pop trash

Found the poster who couldn't make friends with Uncle Kracker in Playboy: The Mansion.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1768053910684786947

yub yub, commander

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Xaris posted:

started watching the new Guy Ritchie tv show, The Gentleman. seems pretty good so far even though i'm usually a bit mixed on ritchies works in the past

my parents had to turn the subtitles on for that show

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fried Watermelon posted:

my parents had to turn the subtitles on for that show

well.... can you even say its a guy ritchie show if it's not indecipherable inbred angloid mumbling?

i actually think its his most legible show to date lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

watching the springtime for hitler musical sequence from the 2005 film and what really bugs me about this is that theres nothing to really indicate its parody as in why is broadway musical camp hitler supposed to be obvious parody but none of the previous setpiece wasnt what kind of hitler would you expect to see in an unironically pronazi broadway show that isnt just hitler as urkel was the audience expecting a show that up until that point was about how great hitler is to depict him as an rear end in a top hat

the original movie really nailed making that plausible by comparison because hitler as a beatnik whose chill vibes win the war (???) is such a weird concept its hard to think of it as anything except parody even if in context the political message would be more anti beatnik than antihitler

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
the best part was where they go to the travellers, and they do the "undecipherable traveller lingo" subtitle or whatever, and you're like, haha, just like Snatch, and then the two other characters turn and negotiate and it says "undecipherable posh lingo". haha, made me laugh anyways

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Is this an adaptation of those old books or did they just reuse the name?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

im watching someone watch slow horses and an anti capitalist agent is about to fly a building into the MI5 building or some poo poo. they've issued a code September 11. i hope she does it but I think her children are talking her out of it. loving bullshit.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Masters of the Air finale having the Jewish refugee say he’s headed to Palestine was a nice touch.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Mrs. Maisel: Thank you so much for taking the time to meet with me!

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.): Of course.

Maisel: I mean, I know how busy you are. First few months in a new job, adoring fans, intense scrutiny. … But since we often use the same material …

Omar: What do you mean?

Maisel: Well, I talk about the Jews, you talk about the Jews …

Omar: I’m sorry, maybe this wasn’t a good idea. I don’t talk about the Jewish people.

Maisel: Oh, right. Sorry. Wrong decade. You talk about Zionists, Israel, AIPAC …

Omar looks at her warily.

Maisel: But such great lines! “It’s all about the Benjamins, baby” — I’m totally stealing that. These Upper East Siders come into B. Altman — you know, I’m at the makeup counter — and they want me to give them free samples of everything. And if I don’t have samples, they try to haggle the price down. Can you believe it? Where are we, back in the shtetl?

Omar looks confused.

Maisel: Oh, I’m sorry, you talk about us so much, sometimes I forget you’re not Jewish. Shtetl is Yiddish. You know, that language we had to speak in other countries, when no one wanted us. But we’re here now, and I mean, well, most people are OK with us. Or at least they put up with us. So we really don’t need Yiddish anymore, but it really is such a great language. I mean, what language has 25 words for someone who says stupid things all the time?

Omar: I think I should be going.

Maisel: I’m rambling, and you’re a very busy woman. What I really want to talk about is our beloved Israel. I mean, not your beloved Israel but our — the Jews’ — beloved Israel. You see, we waited patiently — OK, not so patiently, but a long time — to get our homeland back. You know, like 2,000 years. And even if many of us don’t live there right now, we’re just so happy to know it’s there, thriving — a miracle in the desert!

Omar stares at her icily.

Maisel: Oh, I’m not saying there aren’t other miracles in the desert! The pyramids — what a miracle those slaves created. And, of course, Hanukkah. See, that’s the thing. Israel has brought so much light into this world — freedoms for Muslims, for women — you could call it a mecca of freedom and diversity!

Look, you guys really know how to get the numbers up — there are like 2 billion Muslims, right? The Jews, after the Holocaust, we just have, like, a few million — OK, maybe we’re up to 14 million, but still. You guys have lots of countries — like 50 countries — and we just have this tiny one, smaller than New Jersey. We’re just so proud of her. She’s our jewel. And we just want to be left alone. Do you understand?

Omar says nothing.

Maisel: Yes, of course, you want to be left alone, too. I get it. We Jews are a passionate, intense people. We make up for size with intensity. If you use that, can you please credit me? I’m still trying to develop my audience, like you. Oh, I didn’t mean to compare a comedian to a congresswoman! Now that would be offensive, right? You are so insanely qualified. I mean, that line about the Benjamins, you have to be pretty shrewd to come up with that! Oh, wait, is it offensive if I call you a word that people call us? This new system is so confusing.

They call us shrewd because they think we’re good with money — if they only knew how much I spend every week on hats! Look, I know it’s not your fault, you’re just reading from the script. And the script keeps changing. It’s hard to keep up. I mean, are Jews white this week? Maybe I should give you a guidebook to anti-Semitic slurs.

Omar stands up.

Maisel: I truly hope this wasn’t a waste of your time. I just wanted to show you that we’re not satanic. But we do control the weather. I’ll send you a hat.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

stop2quit

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

a fantasy dialogue where i imagine one party being lost for words the entire time

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The absolute worst kind of dialogue is one where someone just gets completely onesidedly owned

Like even if you agree with the owning party it's not satisfying to read/watch and just reads like self-indulgent wish-fulfillment poo poo

Applies to fights as well as dialogue really

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Potentially good if there is no jedi.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If they went by the books and like completely excised Corran Horn from them it'd be p sweet

Could just jump straight to Wraith Squadron imo but it's called Rogue Squadron so probably not

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
what about a star wars... where there's no stars.... and no wars... can you imagine that?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Not sure WHAT they'll do though since all the books got nuked when they decided JJ and Rian would get to write star wars and the books would get in their way

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

Not sure WHAT they'll do though since all the books got nuked when they decided JJ and Rian would get to write star wars and the books would get in their way

in retrospect they could have just said something like "the existing star wars extended universe has a rich and varied canon, we're looking forward to creating something that is both influenced and distinct from the stories you know" and it would have been received much better than "THE THINGS YOU KNOW AND LOVE ARE NOW APOCRYPHAL"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Really p much any decision there would have been fine had the things they went on to create not sucked rear end

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nichael posted:

I know that the intro scene between them was intended to indicate they were into each other, but I never got those vibes. Bashir just seems scared of a guy who is very obviously a spy.

Bashir is scared of a guy who is very obviously gay

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
what if the emperor were a republican?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Xaris posted:

It's wild that they made a tv spinoff outta that movie in particular. Glad to hear it's good though.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

My favorite thing about The Gentlemen is that its entire thesis is that old people are out of touch, but young people are too stupid and reckless, which is why we need middle-aged men in charge of everything.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

gradenko_2000 posted:

yub yub, commander

The council of nations reinstated the x-wing project?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/cosmic_marvel/status/1766535952422273138

poo poo rolls downhill

I dunno from everything I've heard I don't think an Oscar-winning performance would have saved the Madame Web movie

also is it me or does Madame Web look like Syndrome from the Incredibles

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Hey. It's the Wizard from the good Dungeons & Dragons movie.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Xaris posted:

I'm only 2 episodes in and I'm already a little sick of the Freddy character. I hope it doesn't fall into this constant formula of having Freddy not evolve and gently caress something else up in a very predictable way because they can't think of another way to move the plot along.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

classic projection by the do nothing bosses who are trying to save their own careers. lmao.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Madame Web makes me think of that Zach Galifianakis acting seminar for children sketch where he gets so enamored with the idea of "Spider-Girl" after mishearing a child that he can't continue his job

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Twigand Berries posted:

Masters of the Air finale having the Jewish refugee say he’s headed to Palestine was a nice touch.

This is enough to make an article in Variety, although the show was probably all filmed well before October 7th

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

loquacius posted:

The absolute worst kind of dialogue is one where someone just gets completely onesidedly owned

Like even if you agree with the owning party it's not satisfying to read/watch and just reads like self-indulgent wish-fulfillment poo poo

Applies to fights as well as dialogue really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDpZ7w9uNuc

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Eric Cantonese posted:

Hey. It's the Wizard from the good Dungeons & Dragons movie.

oh good catch, i was wondering where i remembered him from

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

obligatory

https://x.com/meganamram/status/1087143660389466112?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i say swears online posted:

oh good catch, i was wondering where i remembered him from

you mean tim goodman, from detective pikachu?