Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
My theory is that they aren’t actually evil just misunderstood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

What if we kissed in the terror tunnel?

:grin:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Stunt-Puffin posted:

I honestly just want to learn more about The Unknown's lore.

We know The Unknown is played by a girl, but does The Unknown actually consider itself to be a girl? It gives off more of a masculine or possibly even sexless energy. I feel like 'it' would be The Unknown's preferred pronoun because 'it' sounds mysterious.

And how exactly does The Unknown 'live inside the walls of the factory?' Is there like a 3 foot gap between a couple walls where it sleeps in a pile of knitted sweaters, or does it just kind of phase into solid walls like a ghost entering the spectral realm? Is the Unknown a magical entity or just a regular trespassing weirdo who watched too many sov-cit YouTubes about squatter rights?

And what is the scope of it's confectionary interests? Does The Unknown seek to innovate the same kind of delectable treats that interest Wonka, or is it some sort of anti-confectioner making goober drops and snot dollups? Does it sneak out of the walls to use Wonka's kitchen in the dead of night, or did it construct its own private candy lab between the walls in violation of local fire codes?

I need answers.

see i was thinking The Unknown did the phasing into/out of the walls thing for sure

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Stunt-Puffin posted:

We know The Unknown is played by a girl, but does The Unknown actually consider itself to be a girl? It gives off more of a masculine or possibly even sexless energy. I feel like 'it' would be The Unknown's preferred pronoun because 'it' sounds mysterious.

The Unknown radiates powerful sexual energy.

Well actually no

Outrail fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 15, 2024

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Outrail posted:

:wrong:

The Unknown radiates powerful sexual energy.

Dude she's 16

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Unknown, with the mirror, is clearly the great unknown each of us finds inside their selves. Is this life? Who am I? And so on.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

redshirt posted:

The Unknown, with the mirror, is clearly the great unknown each of us finds inside their selves. Is this life? Who am I? And so on.

That ain't scary

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

That ain't scary

Look deeper

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I am at peace, bro.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Get with it, homie

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

That ain't scary

there's an unknown behind every mirror
watching with empty sockets
empty for now

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I looked into The Uknown looking back at me from a cuppa tea

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mordja posted:

Dude she's 16

Blame House of Illuminati for this gratuitously inappropriate casting.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I interpreted "evil chocolate maker who lives in the walls" like Bart's evil twin from that one Treehouse of Horror episode.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The darkening wonder that advances and spreads with age

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

That ain't scary

Their whole mission is to stop the gobstopper that makes children have clean bedrooms

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I created this art piece out of the blue, once, possessed by the spirit of a Jeweler. Reflective everything, the idea being you'd see yourself while looking at the art.

*takes hit

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Moon Slayer posted:

I interpreted "evil chocolate maker who lives in the walls" like Bart's evil twin from that one Treehouse of Horror episode.

so it turns out The Unknown is the good one?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

so it turns out The Unknown is the good one?

Which is about equally unsurprising.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Moon Slayer posted:

I like how BingTM made it so the guy in the forefront is the normal chocolatier and the in-the-wall guy is just more evil.

Sorry if AI images are bannable (they should be). YOLO.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
the saga has reached a brilliant and worthy conclusion

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/mar/14/props-from-botched-willy-wonka-event-raise-over-2000-for-palestinian-aid-charity

the guardian posted:

Props from a botched Willy Wonka event in Glasgow that went viral after frustrated attenders called the police have raised more than £2,000 at auction for a Palestinian aid charity.

Fabric backdrops from the “immersive experience”, which was cancelled midway, were found in a bin outside the warehouse where it took place.

Monorail Music, a record shop in the city, auctioned the remains on eBay after they were passed on by the finder. The listing said: “Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity to own a piece of history.”

The Wonka event gained online notoriety after images of the sparsely decorated warehouse in Glasgow, staffed by actors dressed as Oompa Loompas and other characters, spread worldwide. On Thursday, the listing had a total of 57 bids and the items were sold for £2,250. Michael Kasparis, online manager of Monorail, described the outcome as “amazing”.

“We are all watching it like you’d watch the end of a football game,” he said. “It was £900 and then jumped to £1,050, then, one second before it closed, it was £2,050, and it came through at £2,250.

“We’d thought if it goes into four figures we’d be very happy, so it was a pretty amazing result.”

He said the buyer of the backdrops is not from Glasgow but lives elsewhere in the UK. “I was slightly worried that the joke had gone, but it doesn’t look like it’s going away any time soon,” he said.

The money raised is being donated to Medical Aid for Palestinians, a charity helping to provide shelter, food and urgent medical aid in Gaza. Kasparis continued: “I personally was a little bit worried that the auction was a bit silly for the cause, but we thought, if it raises money, that’s the most important thing.

“It’s a charity we’ve all donated to and that we all care deeply about, and it was kind of a no-brainer when we thought to auction it for charity.”

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Stunt-Puffin posted:

What if we kissed in the terror tunnel?

:grin:

This picture has already aged weirdly now knowing that the Unknown actress is 16 and the Wonka actor is allegedly a groomer.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
The facts are loving things up the way you can't ever watch a Kevin Spacey movie at face value anymore. Why must stupid dark traumatic reality keep intruding upon people's whimsical harmless online yaoi fantasies

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
Can you help me with the Unknown's redemption ark story? The prequel to the current story. Why make evil chocolate in the walls? What trauma darkened the Unknown from a normal wall chocolatier to an evil one? Why is dime store Wonka the target of her/he/it's fury? Does it involve IP from other movie franchises? Is Willy her/he/it's father? Does the Unknown just want to build a snowman? Does it not need to be a snowman?

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Harry_Potato posted:

Can you help me with the Unknown's redemption ark story? The prequel to the current story. Why make evil chocolate in the walls? What trauma darkened the Unknown from a normal wall chocolatier to an evil one? Why is dime store Wonka the target of her/he/it's fury? Does it involve IP from other movie franchises? Is Willy her/he/it's father? Does the Unknown just want to build a snowman? Does it not need to be a snowman?

The unknown grew up eating grotty sweets like Hersheys and wants to fix this injustice by replacing all confectionery with cheaply made tasteless rubbish. If everyone can't have nice chocolate, no-one can :twisted:

Also something about exploitation, forced labour and the unsustainability of cocoa agriculture. There is exploitation all through the supply chain from the growers to the Oompa Loompas. The 'Unknown' is a reference to all the faceless people killed, maimed and displaced by the global chocolate trade.

The Unknown is good, actually

Peanut Butter fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 15, 2024

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
willy mcduff is an eccentric rich man who hates children and wants to kill them in his death trap

I think it's easy to see where he might be an unreliable narrator

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

loving hell, MONORAIL auctioned it off for aid for Palestine?! Another reason that they're kick-rear end.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Amazing that AI can already come up with such compelling characters as the unknown

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave
So-called AI yanked some words out of the overgrown text prediction machine because they seemed likely to be the kinds of words that would appear in proximity to each other based on huge amounts of human-generated text. Everything interesting about The Unknown is what humans have come up with based on what the machine shat out. There's plenty in the script generated by the grifter that doesn't strike anyone as compelling or good, but people just ignore those bits and elaborate on what they can make something of.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Harry_Potato posted:

Why make evil chocolate in the walls?

So you're saying they're not an evil chocolateer, they're an evil chocolateer?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao awesome. I was worried this would just be the gross tumblr fan art people have been posting from here on. Excellent ending.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Peanut Butter posted:

The unknown grew up eating grotty sweets like Hersheys and wants to fix this injustice by replacing all confectionery with cheaply made tasteless rubbish. If everyone can't have nice chocolate, no-one can :twisted:

Also something about exploitation, forced labour and the unsustainability of cocoa agriculture. There is exploitation all through the supply chain from the growers to the Oompa Loompas. The 'Unknown' is a reference to all the faceless people killed, maimed and displaced by the global chocolate trade.

The Unknown is good, actually

The Unknown's mother was dropped into a boiling vat of soy lecithin by the meth ompa loompa mafia and he/she/it takes it's revenge by hiding the real chocolate and making bunnies using the ingredient that caused the pain.

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012
Amazing how Willy's Chocolate Experience ended up spreading joy all over the world. :3:

naem
May 29, 2011

I just realized how much midwestern sounds Scottish

https://i.imgur.com/CO3HuLm.mp4

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Croccers posted:

What took the wind out of my sails for that one was it more than likely a hire company that gave them out as COOL LIGHT rather them asking for the eye-burning UV lights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DlfLthx89E

If you can think of a better way to keep the vampires away I'd like to hear it. Some people may have been temporarily blind, but everyone went home with all their blood.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

If you can think of a better way to keep the vampires away I'd like to hear it. Some people may have been temporarily blind, but everyone went home with all their blood.

That you know of! Don't tell me you've gone over all the toxicology reports. Cuz I KNOW you aint.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

naem posted:

We also say 'ope' when squeezing past folk, you may be on to something

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

naem posted:

...could you please explain in what ways you find them similar?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Southern American accidents do actually sound a lot more like Old English did, since they actually changed the language less than the people who remained in England did. Apparently Shakespeare makes a fair bit more sense if you speak it like Gomer Pyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
https://youtu.be/uQc5ZpAoU4c?feature=shared