Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Humans can't be the biggest biomass because we live indoors and not in the environment, idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

frozenphil posted:

Humans can't be the biggest biomass because we live indoors and not in the environment, idiot.

Studies show the biggest biomass is yo momma

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I want to get off mrs. bdelloid’s wild ride

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The global sea surface temperature is down a bit lately so have the North Atlantic one instead:

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I mean if we’re doomed anyways I am going to murder every wasp I see

yes I am referring to the insect

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Scarabrae posted:

as a vegetarian I’m thinking about making an exception for pig

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Scarabrae posted:

I'm not :evilbuddy:

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
walked around in the woods in middle sweden without a shirt on today, was nice and mild

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Endemic?

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
new normal, just accept it

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

fanfic insert posted:

walked around in the woods in middle sweden without a shirt on today, was nice and mild

:wink:

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
nice!

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
winter gone mild, goon gone wild

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

silicone thrills posted:

Yeah I don't really get it. The most I do is put some peppermint oil on cotton balls down in the basement to discourage spiders from webbing around too much and its fairly effective. The only time I ever break out any herbicide is only for super invasive english ivy and applied extremely carefully - I drill the vines that are like 5inch thick and drip it in directly so it doesnt affect anything else.

I've never found a more effective solution for basement pests than a basic glue board myself

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

i live in harmony with the spiders

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i will never get over how much my parents value poison and using poison and just having it around. Gotta have them pesticides and herbicides

petty much every mesocarnivore and raptor have multiple detectable rodenticides in their liver from scavenging

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

cash crab posted:

i live in harmony with the spiders

i love my spider friends who set up shop in the disused corners of my life, even the ones who live in corners that I'm pretty sure no bugs visit for them to eat.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
It is better to have a house full of spiders than a house full of whatever spiders eat. They are good bugs, don't kill them

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

The Oldest Man posted:

I've never found a more effective solution for basement pests than a basic glue board myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0yWvTyjMMI

Dokapon Findom has issued a correction as of 19:09 on Mar 15, 2024

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Dokapon Findom posted:

It is better to have a house full of spiders than a house full of whatever spiders eat. They are good bugs, don't kill them

Yeah spiders rock which is why i dont really ever want to kill them. I just dont want to walk through webs!

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
https://youtu.be/ms2klX-puUU

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

I just saw this, but on BBC News just now. Got your crack pings right here.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Dokapon Findom posted:

Giant House Spiders are large and I don't want to have to see them, and they don't eat enough of anything to be considered a pest controller, so it's the glue boards for them

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Dokapon Findom posted:

I once had a cricket infestation in a house with a roach infestation outside and black widows driving attack force from the garage that was flanked by wasps on all sides

We moved

Lol I just remembered more about that place.

Our landlord wouldn't fix anything so we had a pool that wasn't drained and covered in algee and was just a mosquito hive
Blocked pipes on both sides so poop drained into the street side and mushrooms growing out of the wall of a closet on the other side

You had to time your poops and showers so you didn't get it backing up onto your feet

Lmao

Crazypoops has issued a correction as of 19:52 on Mar 15, 2024

kater
Nov 16, 2010

… post username but really this sounds like an origin story

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Yeah sorry it all came flooding back in a serious of lmaos

ma i married a tuna
Apr 24, 2005

Numbers add up to nothing
Pillbug

fanfic insert posted:

Hope you're pale and pasty to increase Earth's dwindling albedo

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest
I love spiders and all the insect murder they perform for me.

Fun thing to do is put a led headlamp on and head outside at night. Every wolf spider (here in Virginia there are thousands) will reflect a vivid green pinpoint back at you.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
been waiting for this headline.

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-house-prices-fall-homeowners-try-sell-1879096

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

yeah there's been a few bits like that popping out lately lol.

https://www.businessinsider.com/florida-condo-owners-prices-drop-insurance-hoa-taxes-increase-2023-3

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
Maybe they should've sold their houses sooner, only Aquaman is buying now

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

But you don’t understand. They fixed the climate thingy. It’s not a problem now.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

that's the times and it's paywalled

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

writing about miami real estate agents posted:

It sounds obnoxious, but I have to say, I kind of liked this guy. I liked all of them. They were a charming bunch. They had been born this way. That’s how they’d gotten jobs on the front lines of capitalist hypocrisy, while those of us who sucked at lying were hiding in the trenches, smoking cigarettes, writing letters home about how miserable we were. They just said the stuff that we all lived. Who of us behaves as if we were in immediate trouble? We work, and at the end of the day, if we think at all, all we have time to think about is that we are cowards, or, before the thought comes, to escape it. Raise your hand if you have never hoped you will die before you have to thoroughly disrupt your own life for the lives of those who will live after you are dead. I do not mean to yell at anyone. Every day, I ask myself, what are you willing to do? And sometimes I feel righteous and strong, but mostly what I feel is fear, and a drive towards self preservation. I can laugh at the prettily arranged soap, or the privately-viewed sunsets, or the Jet Skis, because those are not my drugs, but Niu Kitchen, and all that goes with it, will be dragged from my fake wedding-ring-adorned cold dead hands.

And you know, this might actually happen! How do we think this is all going to end? With the election of a better candidate? With the passing of a law?

Full disclosure: I live in a town in rural Northern California that could burn down to the ground literally any day, and I’m thinking about buying a house here.

ha ha ha.. heh. gently caress.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Yep, I've posted a ton about the people I know in Florida who bought a condo years ago where pretty much all of the existing owners were colluding to hide the "nuisance" flooding which is now so severe that it's causing internal damage to units and rendering large areas of the parking lot completely unusable. The problem was well understood at the time they bought, but infrequent enough that you just didn't schedule showings on certain days and it was all good.

Their unit is theoretically worth a lot more than they originally paid, but in practice none of the units in their complex ever sell anymore. The HOA ignored the problem for as long as they could legally claim that it was only an issue for individual unit owners, and now they're paralyzed because insurance rates are skyrocketing and meaningfully addressing the problem is either totally impossible or so expensive that it might as well be impossible. It's possible that the value of their very expensive condo is effectively zero because it's unsellable.

Widespread issues with Florida real estate will definitely be one of the harbingers of things being actually bad now.

edit- the best part is that even attempting to fix the problem will probably also render most of the units completely unmarketable because the assessment will increase the HOA fees by such a ludicrous amount

Paradoxish has issued a correction as of 05:10 on Mar 16, 2024

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cold on a Cob posted:

ha ha ha.. heh. gently caress.

Yep

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

mawarannahr posted:

that's the times and it's paywalled

I think he means he saw it on live BBC television news and then went looking for the article and found it in the Times

Just plug the url into archive.ph to unpaywall it

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Paradoxish posted:

Yep, I've posted a ton about the people I know in Florida who bought a condo years ago where pretty much all of the existing owners were colluding to hide the "nuisance" flooding which is now so severe that it's causing internal damage to units and rendering large areas of the parking lot completely unusable. The problem was well understood at the time they bought, but infrequent enough that you just didn't schedule showings on certain days and it was all good.

Their unit is theoretically worth a lot more than they originally paid, but in practice none of the units in their complex ever sell anymore. The HOA ignored the problem for as long as they could legally claim that it was only an issue for individual unit owners, and now they're paralyzed because insurance rates are skyrocketing and meaningfully addressing the problem is either totally impossible or so expensive that it might as well be impossible. It's possible that the value of their very expensive condo is effectively zero because it's unsellable.

Widespread issues with Florida real estate will definitely be one of the harbingers of things being actually bad now.

edit- the best part is that even attempting to fix the problem will probably also render most of the units completely unmarketable because the assessment will increase the HOA fees by such a ludicrous amount

asking this earnestly: don't you americans have legal provisions whereby a real estate transaction can be voided if the seller didn't disclose known defects?

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

Flowers For Algeria posted:

asking this earnestly: don't you americans have legal provisions whereby a real estate transaction can be voided if the seller didn't disclose known defects?

lol

were you born in 2010 or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Flowers For Algeria posted:

if you’re buying with an attorney and have a contract, it’s possible

but 90% of regular rear end people don’t. it’s literally just 1) get mortgage from bank 2) give check to seller 3) get keys