Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I ran into that during season 1 - I had to raise the brightness for Disney+ and it made everything better, not just Star Wars. It was during the episode where they go into the mine and I was like, this is not loving right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I would have enjoyed those last two episodes a hell of a lot more, if I could have seen what the hell was even going on more than half the time.

I was glad I chose to watch them in our dank, dark basement because there were a ton of scenes I probably would have been clueless about had I watched in the living room.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I didn't know Bad Batch was back and just caught up on the first 5 episodes, God I love this series :hellyeah:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.starwars.com/series/the-bad-batch/infiltration-episode-guide

The instant that showed up, I said "It's going to be called either a dagger or an arrowhead, and lo, it's a CX Dagger

Also boo, you literally had the clones call the assassins "Shadows" yet you go with the boring "Clone X" designation rather than "Shadowtrooper"
Like...you had a perfect pre-made name for potential Artificial Force Infusion to test with Project Necromancer and you whiff it completely

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vintersorg posted:

I ran into that during season 1 - I had to raise the brightness for Disney+ and it made everything better, not just Star Wars. It was during the episode where they go into the mine and I was like, this is not loving right.

To be fair,, that's probably why they painted the BB armor in various colours for season 2.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Shower thought: the Clone Assassin is Tech. I’m also adding that I miss Wanda Sykes’ character. Need to pad out the spoiler..

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Marsupial Ape posted:

Shower thought: the Clone Assassin is Tech. I’m also adding that I miss Wanda Sykes’ character. Need to pad out the spoiler..

I was thinking this too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Marsupial Ape posted:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It’s either him or Cody honestly (and I’m still curious how Ventress is going to fit into all this)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Wanda Sykes does the best palpatine outside of Ian himself.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Wanda Sykes does the best palpatine outside of Ian himself.

When did she do a Palpatine voice?

The guys from the Lego stuff weren’t bad either (I think he’s had at least two different VAs there)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Larryb posted:

The guys from the Lego stuff weren’t bad either (I think he’s had at least two different VAs there)

Trevor Devall for The Freemaker Adventures/Lego Specials

Sam Witwer for The Skywalker Saga

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’ve said it before but they should make another full Lego Star Wars show again, Freemaker Adventures was a lot of fun in my opinion

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

Yeah Witwer's Palpatine is fantastic. He was recording Force Unleashed and was doing it as a warmup bit between takes and as kind of a "hey guys, wanna see my Palpatine impression?" and they just cast him as Palpy for both the game and basically every subsequent thing until Disney convinced McDiarmid to come back with several dump trucks of money, so now he's content to play Sheev until he dies.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah Witwer's Palpatine is fantastic. He was recording Force Unleashed and was doing it as a warmup bit between takes and as kind of a "hey guys, wanna see my Palpatine impression?" and they just cast him as Palpy for both the game and basically every subsequent thing until Disney convinced McDiarmid to come back with several dump trucks of money, so now he's content to play Sheev until he dies.

TFU's rapidfire "Andthenyouwilldie" will never not be the funniest line ever said by Palpatine (in a video game)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Larryb posted:

I’ve said it before but they should make another full Lego Star Wars show again, Freemaker Adventures was a lot of fun in my opinion

I just started Freemaker adventures and appreciate how a standard brick separator is salvage equipment

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Vinylshadow posted:

My 7 year old daughter still calls Palpatine "the Less-Talky-Talky-More-Fighty-Fighty guy" thanks to the Lego Holiday special, so I'm a Trevor Devall fan.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Seth McFarlane is my second choice Emperor because that's what he's like in private

WHO'S THEY????

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Sash! posted:

Seth McFarlane is my second choice Emperor because that's what he's like in private

WHO'S THEY????

:hmmyes:

“Go for Papa Palpatine” is perfect

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Just build another one!?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Sash! posted:

WHO'S THEY????

Isn't that Seth Green?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Isn't that Seth Green?

Robot Chicken one is Seth Green, Family Guy Emporer is Seth MacFarlane.

My favorite line read from all of them is "what the hell is a aluminum falcon?!!"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

swickles posted:

Robot Chicken one is Seth Green, Family Guy Emporer is Seth MacFarlane.

My favorite line read from all of them is "what the hell is a aluminum falcon?!!"

That's robot chicken! Seriously!

Edit: literally every line quoted is from Robot Chicken

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

bunnyofdoom posted:

So on this page 1000, does that make it... (I'm so sorry for this) millenium fail comms?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Parkingtigers posted:

So on this page 1000, does that make it... (I'm so sorry for this) millenium fail comms?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Have the Jedi been around for 1000 years or 1000 generations?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Just wanna say that only a few years ago I would not have imagined "Star Wars TV" to be a thing to exist in earnest, let alone be so good, let alone accumulate 1000 pages of posts in a forum.

(I was relatively late to the Clone Wars/Rebels bandwagon)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bunnyofdoom posted:

My favourite is the slightly embarrassed last line of;

"I.... I love you too..."

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

bunnyofdoom posted:

Mostly you’re right, but mine wasn’t.

thrawn527 posted:

My 7 year old daughter still calls Palpatine "the Less-Talky-Talky-More-Fighty-Fighty guy" thanks to the Lego Holiday special, so I'm a Trevor Devall fan.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke0azxUbeZ8

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

bunnyofdoom posted:

Isn't that Seth Green?

Then that one yes

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Gnome de plume posted:

the no-prize answer is that the Republic and some form of Jedi have been around for 1000 generations, but that the modern system in which the Jedi serve the Republic directly is 1000 years old, after 'the Ruusan Reformations'.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gnome de plume posted:

The Republic was around for 1,000 years. The Jedi were the space cops for 1,000 generations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I thought the entire point was that they weren't Space Cops until the fall, and that's what caused it.

ACAB.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I always found it a bit amusing that someone was a general in the Grand Army of the Republic by virtue of being a Jedi.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The entire war was mostly fought by Jedi, clones, and droids for that matter (which is kind of odd as Naboo was shown to have fighter pilots in TPM, I think there were some other Republic controlled planets that had available soldiers as well)

Though I suppose the rationale was “Why waste manpower when you can have something more expendable/easily replaced do the work for you?”

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 15, 2024

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Larryb posted:

The entire war was mostly fought by Jedi, clones, and droids for that matter (which is kind of odd as Naboo was shown to have fighter pilots in TPM, I think there were some other Republic controlled planets that had available soldiers as well)

Though I suppose the rationale was “Why waste manpower when you can have something more expendable/easily replaced do the work for you?”

Clone Wars showed a lot of planetary level forces too, like Ryloth, Enbara, Genosha, etc all had its native population fighting on either side of the war, its just that they were limited to planetary scales rather than system hopping. Like 20 CW episodes are about a planet split between the two sides in a civil war and various levels of non-interference.

But that also makes sense, you will fight to defend your planet much more easily than you would go and invade another.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Of course we saw Yoda fighting side by side with his good friend Chewbacca

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Larryb posted:

Weirdly, the Clone Wars TV show implies that the Republic had a standing navy, but not an army. In that arc with the cool spider guy, Yularren talks about facing him in battle decades before. Also, like, Yularren's existence as an older Republic admiral.

The clones exist to be cannon fodder, but it's not like the Republic was completely pacifist before the war started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It makes some sense that the federal government would have the kind of military that operates outside/between the individual systems and planets.