Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

got an actual fun bug where my character thought she was bleeding from the chest but had full health/no DOT

just constant screaming and complaining for the entire mission with nothing wrong lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Can’t you turn off matchmaking?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Apple Craft posted:

Sometimes I just want to dive alone. I wish there was a way to do exactly that.

there is, turn matchmaking off in the settings.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Grey Fox posted:

got an actual fun bug where my character thought she was bleeding from the chest but had full health/no DOT

just constant screaming and complaining for the entire mission with nothing wrong lol

i had that, my teammates shot me and i hit a stim, and that fixed it

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

this game rules but it is funny to me how lazy they sometimes are like just copy pasting the liberator sounds to the sickle. a premium weapon that ostensibly one has to pay for and it does not even get unique sounds lol

It doesn't even make sense to sound like that!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Turin Turambar posted:

they could have just ripped the sound from HD 1 and instead somehow did even worse

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Spawned for the first time on the new event mission type, pod landed in a cooling pond of some kind, died instantly. 10/10 would dive again.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Yeah wish the pods had some tracking UI so you can quickly see where your poo poo dropped and where out of bounds/water is

Also, PS5 turned real stuttery in the termicide map yesterday

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

all you need to see is the titan I just pinged

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

WoodrowSkillson posted:

they could have just ripped the sound from HD 1 and instead somehow did even worse

I wouldn't be surprised if they left a reference to a placeholder sound effect in the code or something and that it gets fixed in a patch soon because lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

WoodrowSkillson posted:

this game rules but it is funny to me how lazy they sometimes are like just copy pasting the liberator sounds to the sickle. a premium weapon that ostensibly one has to pay for and it does not even get unique sounds lol

it's not the same sound effect

Turin Turambar posted:

it's actually probably one of the more realistic sounding lasers in a game

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Still want a backpack fed minigun I can walk around with predator style.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Black Noise posted:

Can’t you turn off matchmaking?

explosivo posted:

You cannot turn off matchmaking.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

A good fix for the Scythe spin up is to run a rover

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

The Shame Boy posted:

For anybody that played the late game wars in Helldivers 1 that had Super Earth lose, did they make maps that are actual Super Earth city locations or was it always the standard kinda jungle/desert/arctic areas that we kinda have here in HD2? Kinda wondering if/when we will get to such a point this time around.

There were city maps that were similar to the training grounds.

Here's a video showing an Earth defense mission. Actual mission starts 2 minutes in if the timestamp doesn't work:

https://youtu.be/-hhbCy5ks3M?si=3xYJUb4glqjTvFkP

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

I didn't realize the sickle was a laser, I heard the sound and assumed it was like a railgun minigun and the ammunition was so small as to not be worth counting :pseudo:

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I want some kind of mobile shield generator so there's a bonus to stick close to teammates like darktides team coherency.

Unsafe mode shield backpack? Jeep with a spot on top to drop a sentry? Blood mister backpack that farts a stim cloud when you inject yourself? Just any carrot to make pubbies not wander too far.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

slicing up eyeballs posted:

I didn't realize the sickle was a laser, I heard the sound and assumed it was like a railgun minigun and the ammunition was so small as to not be worth counting :pseudo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1u0SAC8kcI

yeah the old sound made it clear it was a laser weapon

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

explosivo posted:

You can't turn off friends joining without inviting them, as much as I desperately wish I could.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Apple Craft posted:

You cannot turn off matchmaking.

Is that a PS5 thing? On PC there's a setting to change it from public to friends only. When you start a game in friends only you are by yourself and will remain by yourself unless a friend joins you.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The Destiny sound design team probably got laid off, they should scoop them up. The Graviton Lance is my favorite sfx since those sonic bombs in attack of the clones

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

explosivo posted:

Is that a PS5 thing? On PC there's a setting to change it from public to friends only. When you start a game in friends only you are by yourself and will remain by yourself unless a friend joins you.

It's the same. You can't prevent your friends from joining, so there's no way to play in a truly private game.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Unless you have no friends I guess.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Okay sure but you can turn off public matchmaking. Just ask your friends to not join you or go in offline mode :shrug:

Edit: OP said "I wish you could dive alone" and I was just saying that you can dive alone.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Due to past shenanigans, I have about 300 people on my friends list. All but 6 are Goons. And I AM in offline mode. It doesn't stop anything.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

it's not the same sound effect

Just the click of relays opening and closing.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

explosivo posted:

Okay sure but you can turn off public matchmaking. Just ask your friends to not join you or go in offline mode :shrug:

Offline mode doesn't work. You still show up on the in game interface as joinable.

You would be surprised how much of a fit "ask your friends not to join" can raise. I have two separate circles of friends that play Helldivers, and members of those circles have crossed over before with disastrous results from personality clashes. This does not stop either group from trying to wordlessly join on me when I'm playing with the other group and then pick fights, and saying "please don't" every time causes problems of its own.

Every other online game for years now has figured out how to make invite only lobbies. I'm sure the devs can do that here, too, and it solves the problem much more cleanly.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Baggot posted:

It's the same. You can't prevent your friends from joining, so there's no way to play in a truly private game.

If you're on PC set steam to offline. Iirc it prevents people from seeing you in game.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

The Slack Lagoon posted:

If you're on PC set steam to offline. Iirc it prevents people from seeing you in game.
It does not

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Flint_Paper posted:

This is an idiom I'd not heard before! After some googling I'm still not sure what it means in this context - is it that it's a cheap shot? Where's my dictionary of American slang when I need it

It's a Tribes reference for killing someone in mid air with a discthrower.

They should add a heatsink backpack that increases uptime and cooldown for energy weapons

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 15, 2024

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Is it just me, or do hellpods naturally gravitate towards the centre of minefields even when the reinforcement beacon isn't anywhere near 'em?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Qubee posted:

I am absolutely loving this game, but man do I wish the higher difficulties felt like a more deliberate push into enemy territory, rather than the consistently haphazard, Benny Hill themed antics.

I love Benny Hilldivers

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Darth Walrus posted:

Is it just me, or do hellpods naturally gravitate towards the centre of minefields even when the reinforcement beacon isn't anywhere near 'em?

The pods crave the mines

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

so does the incendiary breaker just kinda suck? i picked one up off a body and it seems awful and idk what weird play you could do to wrangle it into effectiveness. it seems to do less damage than the normal breaker, but it does set stuff it hits on fire, though it doesn't set the ground on fire like the flamethrower does, and the fire DoT effect is piddly in this game. have to reapply it several times just to kill those smallish jumping bugs.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

turn off the TV posted:

Are you implying Star Wars isn't a war drama inspired in real life? :D

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The incendiary breaker does indeed suck.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

deep dish peat moss posted:

I love Benny Hilldivers

Its a real refreshing change from the normal formula for horde shooters where you're expected to just stand your ground and kill everything.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

ninjewtsu posted:

so does the incendiary breaker just kinda suck? i picked one up off a body and it seems awful and idk what weird play you could do to wrangle it into effectiveness. it seems to do less damage than the normal breaker, but it does set stuff it hits on fire, though it doesn't set the ground on fire like the flamethrower does, and the fire DoT effect is piddly in this game. have to reapply it several times just to kill those smallish jumping bugs.

yes it is bad

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

imo it would be good to be able to disable the third person reticle because it's effectively worthless while also making the things right around your actual crosshair harder to see

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Being online but set to Invisible on Steam does prevent people from seeing you in-game though. Ran into this when trying to play with my brother the other day.

I'm not sure if it works if they added you via a friend code in-game but when set to Invisible I did not show up in the list of steam friends for him to join.