Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The initial 9 seconds into a swap into genocide I get, but it's what happens after that I'm confused on. Like, do you swap back out on single target? Abyss has been all about spread out enemies for a while so how do you handle having your nine second (or more like 15 with Q time and swap lag) downtime just affecting one? Do you stay in for the A1 spam on single target until the supports have to refresh?

It'll probably all get worked out in the first week but having these weirdly complicated setups filtered through a translation always makes it difficult to predict unless it's just raw numbers... which might get nerfed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

It's only a 6 second delay, first of all. Not 9. It starts at level 1 and goes up every 3 seconds.

I think in practice, it's going to be more straightforward than it looks. As long as you're using her E whenever you can and get the full 70 bond from it each time, she should be pretty effective. The only question mark to me is if it's worth it to build ER for her to burst every rotation. I'm leaning towards no, barring a heavily pyro team.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

You don't even need to time it truly. E, swap, supports, is gonna be about 6 seconds and buffs generally last 10~ which is her field time. It works out pretty naturally. It also lets her use Kazuha which Hu Tao and Yoimiya just can't.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Endorph posted:

For anyone who uses the Korean dub, Cyno's korean VA passed away, so he'll be recast if he shows up again. (They might keep his playable character clips the same though out of respect.)

Dude was only 24, rip.

I only use the English dub, but ugh, way too young. Do we know what happened?

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Eimi posted:

You don't even need to time it truly. E, swap, supports, is gonna be about 6 seconds and buffs generally last 10~ which is her field time. It works out pretty naturally. It also lets her use Kazuha which Hu Tao and Yoimiya just can't.

Arle will make it more straightforward, but hu and yoi can both absolutely make use of vv/kazuha. In hu's case particularly its a popular comp.

I think you're right that arle will probably *just work* but it is possible that some teams would end up with her consuming debt before the second tick if you're not careful, which would really heavily punish you (25% vs 70% BoL).

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
The way things are now Arle should be very simple to use + have moderately flexible team building. I just hope that during the number-wiggling that usually happens during beta someone decides to give her some Atk boost somewhere. Because as she is now she's pretty much the most Atk deficient Atk scaler that we've had since... Xiangling?? At least at f2p levels. She's not COMPLETELY stapled to Benny, but it's pretty close.

I wish there was, like, a spear version of that craftable Fontaine claymore for her (I'm assuming here that healing-based triggers will work with her even if the healing doesn't actually happen)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm kind of surprised she spreadsheets as well as she does. Her self-buff on normals is so small compared to other normal attackers.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 15, 2024

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

I'm kind of surprised she spreadsheets as well as she does. Her self-buff on normals is so small compared to other normal attackers.

I haven't seen the spreadsheets, but the numbers looked kind of... ok?

She's also pyro, so vaping/melting can add a ton.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I'm getting the feeling that she might want atk sands and atk cup - she's got some self buffing for pyro dmg built in, so with ZL + VW she shouldn't need it that much.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

No Wave posted:

Her move values are huge. Assuming her N1 is being boosted at 80% BoL meter, its effective MV would be: 93.2 + (.8 × 238) = 283.6

For comparison, Hu Tao's charge attack MV is 242.56

It's true that the boost goes down pretty quickly, but these are just the normal attacks that she spams like 7 of over the course of like 3 seconds or something.

So the spreadsheets you see are actually a bit misleading, since she frontloads damage very well. But they're similarly misleading, in that you need to be standing on Benny circle to get this results. Which is either inconvenient (Vape, Pure Pyro) or essentially untenable (Chevy Overload). It's not great!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Bennett's reign of terror can't last forever. Sure it'll be....like six months til the pyro archon, but she will come.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Surely Natlan will deliver us from the Dark Lord Bennett's shadow...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

where's Skirk

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
waiting patiently for the end of gencircle impact

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Danakir posted:

Surely Natlan will deliver us from the Dark Lord Bennett's shadow...

monkey's paw curls; Bennett 5* pyro archon version released in Natlan

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Excelzior posted:

monkey's paw curls; Bennett 5* pyro archon version released in Natlan

You must stand in Pennett's square in order to get the buff

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Eimi posted:

Bennett's reign of terror can't last forever. Sure it'll be....like six months til the pyro archon, but she will come.

I firmly believe "Pyro Furina", who may or may not be the archon, is currently in the works somewhere. But that won't help the very fun "Arle"/Fischl/Beidou/Chevy team I've been liking recently. So hoyo, please twist the beta char's kit to suit me specifically, thanks 🙏

Meowywitch posted:

where's Skirk

Arle's effects are a test for 5 star Quanto DPS Skirk, trust

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

On the flip side, Hu Tao/Fischl/Beidou/Chevy is a pretty fun team you can play right now if you want. Maintaining an electro aura is pretty consistent. I used 2 witch/2 maré and a white tassel for Hu Tao but I'm sure this could be optimized further.

Edit: wait a sec, I'm stupid. Chevy's heals aren't actually very good without a heal set or heal hat, I coulda just used 4 maré :doh:

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 15, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

I only use the English dub, but ugh, way too young. Do we know what happened?

sadly no mention. at that age theres only really a handful of options tho

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

where's Skirk

In the trash where she belongs. Weirdo outsider with a dumb character design can shove off

Beanzor
Feb 4, 2005

We dropped turkeys out of planes just to fill up the sky.

And we know damn well that they can't fly.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You must stand in Pennett's square in order to get the buff

A Punnett square where you get a different buff depending on which quadrant you're standing in.

This one character will be Bennett's two dads.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

In the trash where she belongs. Weirdo outsider with a dumb character design can shove off

:mods:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The Fontaine storyline got pretty dumb when Skirk and the whale showed up; gotta be honest.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
How closely should I be looking at Chiori if I don't have Albedo but do sometimes use Itto?

My normal Itto team has been Zhongli + Gorou and whatever seems good for the 4th slot (often Raiden to help with cycling Itto's ult). I've tried Ninguang but she has always been diappointing, maybe she's not built up enough.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Skirk will return in 8.0

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Scoss posted:

How closely should I be looking at Chiori if I don't have Albedo but do sometimes use Itto?

My normal Itto team has been Zhongli + Gorou and whatever seems good for the 4th slot (often Raiden to help with cycling Itto's ult). I've tried Ninguang but she has always been diappointing, maybe she's not built up enough.

She is designed to go in Itto teams. She'll add a considerable amount of damage to that team. Depending on how much you like Itto/Navia, that kind of determines how worthwhile she'll be for you.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Eimi posted:

She is designed to go in Itto teams. She'll add a considerable amount of damage to that team. Depending on how much you like Itto/Navia, that kind of determines how worthwhile she'll be for you.

Ah so she's Itto/Goruo/Chiori/ someone to help crystallise?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Lobsterpillar posted:

Ah so she's Itto/Goruo/Chiori/ someone to help crystallise?

For Itto, you'd probably want Zhongli just to guarantee you have a shield. If no Zhongli, then Yelan could work, or pick your fav off field dps. But not having a shield 100% of the time for Geo Res does kind of suck.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vargs posted:

The Fontaine storyline got pretty dumb when Skirk and the whale showed up; gotta be honest.

100%

The backstory of the whale being Child's masters masters pet or some bullshit was really dumb. The big movers and shakers being mysterious prohphetess dimensional invisigirl, Albedo's creator/khaenri'ah's major mage, and Klee's mom was cool and interesting. Evil freeza who lives in another dimension is not, and his lackies are worse

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I refuse to believe Skirk ruined Genshin

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Skirk is awesome but I probably like her for the reasons they hate her. She's very Honkai coded.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Endorph posted:

sadly no mention. at that age theres only really a handful of options tho

Are there? I feel like 24 year olds can die from pretty much all the same causes as everyone else, except like old age and SIDS.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
4.6 will feature some cute unlockable avatars for doing various World Quests. The cuteness can't really offset how a good 80% of the characters depicted die and most of the rest of them aren't much better off. Except Sorush, the one who actually wanted to die gloriously. But if you ever wanted an Aranara profile avatar, this is the patch for you! Unless you don't do quests; I assume you have to actually finish the associated WQs to unlock them.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Scoss posted:

Pretty darn closely. She'll improve the comp a lot because she double dips on gorou buff value.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Scoss posted:

For what it's worth, I also don't have Albedo and I'm running the Zhongli/Itto/Gorou/Chiori team and often I don't even have time to use Itto's burst before everything else dies in a frenzy of murder puppets. So make of that what you will. It definitely feels like a substantial upgrade for the mono geo team to me.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Chiori is only the second time I've not specifically pulled for a new character, the first being Dehya. I just don't need her and on top of that, Neuvillette rerun is coming, plus Arlechinno. Sorry girlfriend, next time.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I was going to skip her, but Navia is my girl, and there is the possibility of Arlecchino needing Zhongli. Since I already really loved her aesthetics and JP voice actress, I decided to pull that trigger. Granted I'm not running a standard Navia team, so we'll see how it works out in the long run. (Currently running Navia/Zhongli/Yae Miko/Yelan.) Navia/Chiori/Yae Miko would be fun in terms of just having stupid strong constructs killing all the things, no idea who the fourth should be though to keep me alive since I refuse to run Bennett. I could just shove in Kuki to have a healer and easy totm.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I'm not particularly interested in Chiori, but man do I love Navia.

Hmmmmmmm

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Note Block posted:

Chiori is only the second time I've not specifically pulled for a new character, the first being Dehya. I just don't need her and on top of that, Neuvillette rerun is coming, plus Arlechinno. Sorry girlfriend, next time.
:same:

It doesn't help that the 4*s on the banner are kind of crappy and I have all of them at C6 anyway. It would pretty much be wasting 70 pulls and a guaranteed pity for an upgrade to Albedo who I pretty much only use with Itto as it is anyway. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I originally planned to take a break for the rest of this patch after my Welkin Moon runs out and I finish the event, but Arlecchino's got me feeling motivated again.

I'm still torn on whether or not to take a 50-50 on Chiori. I don't have any of the pieces for a mono-Geo team, but she should still be an upgrade over Ningguang in my Navia team even at C0. But I also use Furina on that team, so I can't give her Harbinger... and worst of all, I really don't want to have to go farm up more specter mats, man.